LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

Are there any plans for questing to be anything more in iRO than just a waste of dialog and forced participation to enter certain dungeons/instances? After renewal, I really hoped that quest rewards would remain the same as their pre-renewal reward amounts as it would be a viable means to obtain a few levels here and there. Instead, you turned all of the rewards to shat for the most part. Quest xp was reduced to about 1/10 of what they used to be but the required xp for max lvl was not reduced NEARLY as much to justify such a sharp reduction in rewards.

It's really quite sad because some of the quest story lines in RO were pretty good and fun way to have some fun outside of the dungeons for a reasonable reward. Rewards now are just a joke. It further helps to destroy the game when all people can do is solo grind and wait for an event to level. The game is garbage without an event. I only found ONE quest worth doing and that's Seal 2 because for some reason the reward was left unchanged. So you can get a HEFTY amount of both base and job xp for doing that quest, but I think we all know why this one was left unchanged and as it stands it's probably the ONLY quest that gets done due to the reward being so great. When almost every quest reward can be overshadowed by killing a single mob, it's not even worth the time or effort to do.

The complaints about quest rewards go as far back as prerenewal when the exp required was even higher but the rewards were still comparable in some cases to the xp. Now, it's a total farse. Please fix the quest rewards so that it's worth the time and effort that not only the developers put into making them but the time the players put into completing them.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

I've actually wanted to suggest a quest idea to Oda, but he hasn't answered back to me. He seems to have been pretty busy with other important stuff since the forums got back online. I hope he hasn't forgotten about me though. xD

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Heck, the old repeatable fetch quests are better than anything in the game in terms of EXP rewards. Let's up the ante a bit, shall we?

#4 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

The Lunar New Year Quest and Valentines Quest's EXP rewards were nice. I want to see more permanent quests with those kind of EXP rewards. For people below Lvl 99, those quests were able to help players gain 5-10 levels.

#5 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

Dear GM's,

Can you fix any quests other than the ones you are charging people to repeat? We would love for their to be reasons to do the rests of the quests in RO with the exception of access to specific dungeons. Or will all fixes to the busted aspects of RO come with the pricetag of reset spams? I mean if the other quests were worth doing as well, I don't think everyone would be busting their azz to do seal quests like there is no tomorrow, oops, think I just answered my own question.

Srsly though, do something about the rest of the quests. Kthx.

#6 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Pretty much any story quest that takes more then 10 min should have a minimum of a 1mil exp/jexp reward. It shouldn't be that hard for the GMs to go through the current quest scrips and up the exp on 99% of the story quests. Also, can the quest dialog and journal dialog be redone to make the quests easier to follow so we're not forced to use outside quest guides to finish them. Also, fix some of the quests that have glitched log entries.

#7 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

Prob alot of work but i'd love to see a quest npc in town that you can talk too, like the one they made for the four seals, that sign npc, that tells you which quests you have completed on what char.
Keeping track of which chars have done which, isn't that easy.
Some stay stuck in your quest log so that isn't very helpful.

#8 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

I thought Heim mentioned that they were gonna make a quest board.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

Gravity doesn't give a crap about their lame quest system.

The End.

#10 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Instead of a permanent Turn in quest for exp they gave us a Permanent Repeatable Troy.

#11 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Is there any update on future plans for the current quest in RO and their terrible rewards? I sure hope so.

#12 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

I would love for real quests to become more useful again. Honestly it would be great to just break up the grind every couple of levels. Another idea that I was interested in would be to break up the exp reward into chunks for each step of a quest. In conjunction with picking up the EXP rewards for the quests a bit, it would make sure we don't have situations where we get too much exp and don't get the full benefit for completing the quest. I still do quests here and there, but they do need a bit more pizazz. Sure they may be fun to read through, but because the exp isn't all that good some people will never even bother.

#13 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

I'd really like to see all the exp rewards adjusted. A quest that you can only do once per character should give more exp than you would earn ctrl+clicking halfheartedly while you walk around a map with monsters 20 levels below you (if you're lucky to get so much). What I'd love for them to change, at the very least:

• Exp rewards appropriate for the time spent and the quest's difficulty
  • Exp rewards scaled according to level
  • Exp rewards given in chunks to allow multiple level-ups on a lower level character

If I was allowed an RO genie to grant me wishes though, I'd also love:

• A working quest log
  • An NPC to point you towards available quests for your level
  • Those quest NPC indicator thingies

Also, this probably isn't as reasonable to implement as just adjusting the rewards, but I'd love some daily VIP quest(s) similar to Midgard Ore with the time spent/rewards. As it is, it's quite nice for getting a little exp each day when you don't have much playing time or getting a quick boost on top of your regular levelling (for jexp, that is). Quick, easy, simple, rustic quests, yeh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users