Make 2nd safe limit at +9 instead of +10. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Make 2nd safe limit at +9 instead of +10.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 fearfulways

fearfulways

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Many of us have +9 equipments. Making the 2nd safe limit at +10 for gears is too hard and expensive to achieve. going from +9 to +10 is too risky and the likely hood of the item going back down to +7 or lower is very high. i personally think that making the 2nd safe limit at +9 is a much better idea, +9 is already very hard(and expensive) to achieve.

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

No, bad idea. Stop asking for handouts.

#3 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Indeed the NPC sucks. I tried with a +8 lvl 4 weapon, when maintenance finished, just before the website shown how the NPC works. I spent 85 HE Oridecons. I got a +9 weapon and I continued trying. The weapon were dropped to +0... 3 times. Finally the weapon stayed at +5 because I ran out of ores... Bad luck, I know. But Valkyrie server need a previous safer level before the +10...

#4 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

Slightly off topic:

They said ``the intention was to only require a 1 time "chance" at breaking getting to +7. Then if you are dedicated and lucky you can get your desired upgrade level without break risk.'' The correct way to achieve this is to flag all +7/higher gear so it can always be upgraded again regardless of its current upgrade level.

I know the software doesn't provide the means to do this. Fine. Then make +7->+8 "safe" and reduce the success rate to 2% or so. That shifts the distribution a bit but keeps average costs roughly the same (actually slightly better) while avoiding the problems that plague the current script (which by the way is little more than an obvious moneygrubbing attempt that tries to divert blame for "mishaps."

Ran out of HD ores? Not our fault. Should have given us more money.
DCed? Not our fault. Keep giving us money.
DCed/crashed by skill spammer/bug exploiter? Not our fault. ... you get the idea.)

#5 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

That's the point of the safe level at +10... from +9 - +10 is 10% it is suppose to be hard! from +8 - +9 however is 30%.

No more handout. It's fine as is right now.

#6 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

I think it's fine as it is too...
Like the OP said.. too many people have +9 gears (from the past HD fiasco)
The idea is to have risk... if you wish to have a +10 item then you must take the risk of breaking your +9 item that you upgraded in the last HD ore event...
If not, then just stay save at +9...

#7 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

You have to understand, +10 means ur weapon gets a free +11 upgrade,

you dont make +10 gears EVER!! u make +11

#8 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

+12 noob -_-

#9 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

We don't need more free loaders. instead change the kvm gears to require +10 instead of +9 for the effect to kick in. /gg that'll rectify all the complaints from the first time mighty hammer rolled out.

Edited by MrBudd, 28 March 2011 - 08:51 AM.

#10 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

There's hardly a risk lol other than spend up to $200 bucks to get +10... but idc though, people who are rich and can waste that much for a +10 deserve it xD and poor people, well sucks for you...

#11 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

I say work in an actual refinement system idea that makes all upgrades possible while not messing things much.

All these changes and dwarves and premium ores haven't solved the real problem in upgrading. The limit is still around +12, and exponentially bad at higher refines still. and I dun think 'freeloading' is possible at all. Without spending kafrapoints, there is no way that you could ever reach +11 or +12. In the other hand, spending kafra points, reaching +12 isn't hard at all, your only stop is if you run out of real money.... or if you DC. Maybe, just making the max upgrade limit to be +14 or +15, since all the other levels are too illogical.

Another problem is that the benefits for upgrading aren't equitative:

For weapons, overupgrading is supernice, your weapon constantly gains higher and higher strenght. There is even an extra bonus for overupgraded weapons. For armors, the success rate is always the hardest. There is no bonus for overupgrading, in the contrary: as higher your def is, the less benefit you get from more upgrades. And if strong weapons become easily avaible, better armors are needed too.

I would like to see the some improve improve in deffense too. Maybe, add an over refine bonus too, which works like a % reduction: For example, starting from +7, each higher refine give a 1% damage reduction, capping at 30%.

#12 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:31 AM

No thanks.

#13 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

I'd rather see a system where weapons and armor degrade over time and break, thus requiring players to re-gather their gear every so often. For instance, a weapon you find and upgrade will work fine for 2 months, and then sometime during the 3rd month, it will break and you will lose it. In conjunction with this, card drop rates, gear drop rates, and refinement success rates should be drastically improved (say ~$50 do get an item to +10, and ~$100 to get to +20, along with card drop rates around 1%). Of course, normal elu/ori could be used as well, but should probably be a 10% chance to get to +10 and 1% chance to get to +20. If I had my way, GOD items would also degrade and break as well, but should then be buffed to true godly levels so that the few who do have them at any given time, get a great benefit. However, with this, you'd have to scrap or modify the crapy drop penalty system we have now and Gravity would probably need to re-balance some of the gear now to adjust for higher average update rates (I picture items that have better special bonuses at lower upgrade levels but gain higher attack/def and lose those special bonuses as they are upgraded).

Unlike the system we have now, that's been tainted by the HD ore event earlier in the year, this system would:
  • Promote continuous leveling/hunting of items.
  • Put more focus on the character and stat build rather than gear.
  • Put less emphasis on bots for card collection.
  • Encourage competitive WoE (guilds will fight harder to make GOD items if they know they can lose their edge when theirs break).
  • Battle inflation by increasing supply.
  • Reduce the feeling of completion people feel after hitting level cap (let's face it, this causes boredom for most people).
  • Help people who regularly MvP/hunt to maintain a steady flow of income (there still will be lazy people who won't want to hunt).
  • Allow veteran players to help newer players by simply donating their gear.
  • Provides a lower burst (no crazy upgrading events), but far more steady income to Gravity.

The bad part about this is that the sense of achievement and reward for making a high upgraded item or finding a rare card is lost. But let's not kid ourselves, the reward for upgrading was lost when HD ores were put in the game.

#14 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

thumbs down

#15 Dioznitsio

Dioznitsio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, Mexico

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

i have a better idea, just make that in WoE only a basic armor can be used, u can choose 1 from 2 sets:

-Defensive Set: with things like +xx% of HP, -xx%reduce ALL damage, +xx% restore value of white pots, Slim whites & Enriched white pots but the weapon u get is a lvl 3 weapons without upgrade and with regular stats.

-Ofensive Set: on this side u get +xx% of SP, +xx% increase all damage u do, +xx% restore value of Blue pots, light blue pots & vitata500, also the weapon u get could be a +4 lvl 4 weapon with regular stats.

when the WoE starts and the guild have made and "application to enter" then all the guild members will get to choose witch set they want making them untradeable and imposible to put on storage, all the other weapons and armor will be in "strip status" (unable to equip) but u can still put them on storage, also on the storage one can only take out the items: white pots, slim whites, eriched white, blue pot, slim blue & vitata500 (plz no more ales that makes the game more unbalanced) also some kafra items made for woe can be taked out (only consumables but no food).

when one member of the guild dies he get teleported to the kafra in witch their guild leader signed the application for WoE of the guild, and by the end of the WoE everyone gets kicked out to prontera and the WoE set gets removed from the inventory.

this is a basic idea i have in mind, that way we could finally get a FAIR WOE PLAY with the real winners being the ones with better tactics and skills on using their chars. i know it isnt easy or fast to make, but its a better solution to have even more fun WoE.

#16 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

I'm kinda angry that i missed the HD elu/ori event. Now everybody and thier mother has +9KVM gears. They really should allow a safe limit for KVM weapons to +7 since it is so damn hard to get kvm badges. I have not even come close to owning One kvm weapon or glorious ring. Thats with lucky boxes and doing the kvm pvp. This just gave alot of people an unfair advantage over other people. I think normal gear should remain the same because if i break a muffler i can always go out and farm zenny to buy another muffler. KVM badges are rediculously hard to obtain to break going from +4 to +5. Specially if u have as bad luck as i do.

#17 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

I'm kinda angry that i missed the HD elu/ori event. Now everybody and thier mother has +9KVM gears. They really should allow a safe limit for KVM weapons to +7 since it is so damn hard to get kvm badges. I have not even come close to owning One kvm weapon or glorious ring. Thats with lucky boxes and doing the kvm pvp. This just gave alot of people an unfair advantage over other people. I think normal gear should remain the same because if i break a muffler i can always go out and farm zenny to buy another muffler. KVM badges are rediculously hard to obtain to break going from +4 to +5. Specially if u have as bad luck as i do.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have any KVM gears, not even +0s. -_-

I agree with the event being a bit... unbalanced. I misplaced my envelope, but I seem to recall the average cost of +9 kvm gear jumping from ~$750 (during the event) to ~$21000 (immediately after the event). It's probably around $3000 now assuming 0 disconnects. For these items, though, it's not the average cost that matters so much as the luck/cost curve.

#18 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Just stick in the kafra shop extreme hd ore for $200 for auto +10 and everyone will shut up...BAM !!!

#19 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Just stick in the kafra shop extreme hd ore for $200 for auto +10 and everyone will shut up...BAM !!!

You would get an extra name to your weapon then:

"+10 Glorious Mace of Pride Loss"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users