Transcendent and 3rd Classes - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Transcendent and 3rd Classes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

2nd - 3rd Class
Transcendent - 3rd Class

*We all know the pros of rebirthing, we get a range of new skills such as clashing spiral, high speed cart ram hell even acid bomb
*Job limit of 70 allowing more previous skills then before
*More status points and the ability to freely distribute them
*25% more hp/sp

These are also all cons for a 2nd class to become 3rd class. overall you would have to be insane to even allow an abomination as such a thing for a 2nd class to become 3rd class. That like a runeknight who doesn't have clashing spiral!! OMG

But alas what are the pros of 3rd class

*120 stats
*New Skills
*Level 150

Cons

*50job doesn't work for upgrading ...
*Keeping the same hp/sp pools as previous classes

I wanted to ask the community of ragnarok how they feel about 2nd-3rd classes

I personaly allowed my 99 mvp monk to become a sura, to my dismay i weakened him beyond belief, now i have a 99 sura who does fists 25% less powerful, has less hp and less sp.

Throughout the history of ragnarok everytime a player changes his job he gains a bonus in hp and sp, i must admit i wasnt aware that my hp and sp would be effected as it is, actually i was looking forward to a larger sp pool, i was ecstatic about my monks change to sura, finally i didnt have to kill GTB and could hunt larger pray with my massive power of SURA.

Personaly i think allowing 2x 150 3rd classes with the same gear and stats but allowing one to have 25% more hp/sp seems a little unfair to me, considering you dont start really leveling till your 100+, not getting skills and stats is how u build your avatar. But Max Hp/Sp Shouldnt be quest related...

Please leave a comment, a suggestion, an observation, hell even call me a fool cause i feel like one...

Edited by IronFist, 28 March 2011 - 02:52 AM.

#2 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

Consider this

2nd Class 98-99 = 4 Million Exp
Trans 98-99 = 6 Million Exp
3rd Class 149-150 = 96 Million Exp

0-99 Trans total exp = 3rd Class 134-135 (is it fair that this amount of exp determines if you get a bonus +25% hp/sp)
Rune Knight this could be 15000+ Hitpoints...

Edited by IronFist, 28 March 2011 - 02:50 AM.

#3 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

You lost your job bonuses, it's to be expected. You also said that you went from Monk to Sura,hope you meant Champ > Sura.

#4 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

monk>sura? You play the most OP class and complain about RK? You should not be taken seriously.

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

I want to see a sura using summon sphirit sphere 15 times in a row to recharge @@

Going third job without going trans is really bad. Luckily, you will notice this after the first levels of being third job (105 at most?), so you have plenty of time to remake ^^

Edited by Kadnya, 28 March 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#6 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:36 AM

monk>sura? You play the most OP class and complain about RK? You should not be taken seriously.

-_- mechanic is the class i play, as i stated above this is an alt mvp monk/sura
This relates to every class, please read the post before flaming...

#7 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

I want to see a sura using summon sphirit sphere 15 times in a row to recharge @@

Going third job without going trans is really bad. Luckily, you will notice this after the first levels of being third job (105 at most?), so you have plenty of time to remake ^^

Rising Dragon always summons the maximum number of Spirit Spheres as dictated by the level. When Rising Dragon expires, the number of spirit Spheres Fall back to 5.

do you really need zen?, i surpose the aftercast could be a problem

Edited by IronFist, 28 March 2011 - 06:41 AM.

#8 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

You lost your job bonuses, it's to be expected. You also said that you went from Monk to Sura,hope you meant Champ > Sura.

i went from monk > sura, i think currently its totally unwise and a little strange to bypass transcendent classes.

But i do think despite the lack of skills and stats we should be allowed the same hp/sp pools as those who did transcend before going to 3rd class, currently i dont see any benefit and any-real thinking involved as to why this feature is available considering the cons of not transcending.

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

You 100% need zen for lvling. It gives 15 spheres back if you're under the effect of rising dragon, but rising dragon also puts you in fury and unable to regen naturally.
If your intent is mvping, you pretty much want the extra hp/sp from going second class. It's also nice to have the extra skill points for snap.

If you really enjoy the character, I would just remake it with an agi build to lvl extremely fast, especially with the exp event coming.

Edited by Myzery, 28 March 2011 - 06:52 AM.

#10 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

But i do think despite the lack of skills and stats we should be allowed the same hp/sp pools as those who did transcend before going to 3rd class, currently i dont see any benefit and any-real thinking involved as to why this feature is available considering the cons of not transcending.

Well the HP/SP that come with trans > 3rd is from transing itself. When you trancend you become more powerful in all aspects. So saying that you get the same HP/SP as a person that just goes 2nd > 3rd isnt right. Its the HP/SP you get from transing that puts you over the top. The fact that worked hard to get those base and job lvl's back means you earned those HP/SP points.

#11 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Taking the character seriously? -> Trans it.
Is it purely a slaving alt? -> You might consider skipping trans then. Only consider. Ex. a gloomy slave, enchant blade slave, manhole-griefing slave, etc.
Is it none of the two? -> Why are you making it in the first place.

And yes. You need zen. How are you going to get your spheres back?

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

i went from monk > sura, i think currently its totally unwise and a little strange to bypass transcendent classes.

The feature is needed so babies can change third job. Other than that, by skipping trans you save like 4 days of the hundreds of days you will be living as a third job.

It isn't even useful or fast. level 100 -> 105 is the same exp as going 1-99 trans. Unless you plan on staying level 104, you will notice barely no difference in effort/time in transing.

#13 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

You are silly for not transcending. Lucky for you, however, it's easy to remake->99->transcend->99->3rd class.

Get on it, cuz not having zen? Yikes...

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

After thinkig a bit, I kind of agree that we should remove the double part of 1-99 and again 1-99. That made sense when trascendant 99 was the highest achievment was level 99 trans, but with renewal leveling starting at 100... I don't see the need. We could really get rid of novice, first jobs, and maybe second job phases given how fast people fly past those states... maybe we could balance the leveling curve so those phases meant something again.

Like, for example:

1) You start as a novice, and will stay a novice until base 30. Every 3 base levels you gain 1 job, until you reach job level 10, a few hours later.
2) Then, you change to first class after a short quest, probably reusing the eden group weapon quests and a bit more, for example. Every base level, you get one skill point too.
3) At base 80, you are ready to do your second job change quest. You are given 5 free skill points the moment you change, and 1 more skill point each time you level 1 base.
4) We are now at base level 125. You can now do your third job change quest, and gain 2 job levels each base level. This continues until you reach job 50 and base 150.

5) As for trascendance... Move its benefits to a hard quest, avaible to any chara after changing to third job. After the quest, the character gains 20 skill points usable only in the trans skills or second job skills.

#15 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

After thinkig a bit, I kind of agree that we should remove the double part of 1-99 and again 1-99. That made sense when trascendant 99 was the highest achievment was level 99 trans, but with renewal leveling starting at 100... I don't see the need. We could really get rid of novice, first jobs, and maybe second job phases given how fast people fly past those states... maybe we could balance the leveling curve so those phases meant something again.

Like, for example:

1) You start as a novice, and will stay a novice until base 30. Every 3 base levels you gain 1 job, until you reach job level 10, a few hours later.
2) Then, you change to first class after a short quest, probably reusing the eden group weapon quests and a bit more, for example. Every base level, you get one skill point too.
3) At base 80, you are ready to do your second job change quest. You are given 5 free skill points the moment you change, and 1 more skill point each time you level 1 base.
4) We are now at base level 125. You can now do your third job change quest, and gain 2 job levels each base level. This continues until you reach job 50 and base 150.

5) As for trascendance... Move its benefits to a hard quest, avaible to any chara after changing to third job. After the quest, the character gains 20 skill points usable only in the trans skills or second job skills.

Isn,t ro already too much like every mmo out there? =(

Might as well go play wow or something =S

#16 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Leveling takes the majority of RO life which is not appropriate.

#17 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

#18 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

#19 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

#20 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

#21 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

#22 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

#23 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Going to 1-99 the first time at least gives you a lot of room for experimenting with the class before transcending, where the right skills and points are critical.

#24 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Well the HP/SP that come with trans > 3rd is from transing itself. When you trancend you become more powerful in all aspects. So saying that you get the same HP/SP as a person that just goes 2nd > 3rd isnt right. Its the HP/SP you get from transing that puts you over the top. The fact that worked hard to get those base and job lvl's back means you earned those HP/SP points.

Thats kind of like saying a person who job changes at 40 compared to someone who changes at 50 should have different max hps, end of the day it should be the class that effects your hp, not a quest....

Someone who goes 2nd - 3nd would have to work 10times harder just to level dude to less max hp.

I think here that a bonus of 25% hp/sp from trans is mistranslated. before renewal every job change earn a larger hp/sp pool

novice - swordman (more hp)
swordman - knight (more hp)
knight - lord knight (more hp)

I'm sure when my mastersmith - mechanic (he gained more hp)

monk - sura (less hp)

#25 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Same Gear, Same Stats... sura has less hp and way less sp, i surpose the loss of job50 stat bonus could effect this, but by so much?

Edited by IronFist, 28 March 2011 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users