PvP System Balance - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

PvP System Balance

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#26 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Maybe you should just play Draconis ._.

offended?

#27 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

I just love how noone seems to read the part where i say 50% IS TOO MUCH....Read peeps..

#28 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

offended?

Naw lol, just kidding but you don't know what we're talking about, come play on Leonis for a while and you'll see :o

Anyway, stop with the OTs, lets stick to the topic.

Edited by Gojio, 31 March 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#29 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

I just love how noone seems to read the part where i say 50% IS TOO MUCH....Read peeps..

We read it just the fact you said nades are okay throwed off your +1

#30 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Adam you should know very well those are just numbers. Numbers don't help you in a fight when a mage's skill does 4k damage and mine does 2k, it's not like I think I should win just cause my stats are higher.

If your getting hit for 4ks on stuns your running into (worst case scenario) mages..full 15 chivas and buffsets kinda stuff. My mage is average and does mabe 1.8 to 2.5ks on stuns and mabe 3ks on hits higher skills... most the champs i run into and consider OP probably do 2.5ks on slugger and mabe 1.8ks on launcher....

My argument isnt that mages aren't op atm..i agree with you they are..im saying that champs are op simply because you have to have a mage or be one hell of a badass player to kill a champ...Like ive said in other threads ive just seem champs simply mashing buttons in pvps and winnnig, simply because they are full chiv and know thier opponent is going to drop long before they do just because you cant do much damage to them.

#31 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Adam you should know very well those are just numbers. Numbers don't help you in a fight when a mage's skill does 4k damage and mine does 2k, it's not like I think I should win just cause my stats are higher.

You are basing it off of 1 skill vs 1 skill, The ones hitting you for that much damage are obviously wearing a good amount of ap gear, and like I said they are hitting you for the single stat that you have lower than them (mdef).

Anti magic shell should just be changed completely. Make it a damaging hp absorption skill (with the same range) and make it absorb 2k hp at max level. This can help mages survivability problem without making an unfortunate victim completely useless. The success should be 100% and the cooldown 30 seconds so that it is long enough not to be spammable in a fight but not to long that you can never rely on it.

EDIt: Why do people assume 'full chivalrous' is the best set for everything?

Edited by Phish, 31 March 2011 - 12:05 PM.

#32 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

We read it just the fact you said nades are okay throwed off your +1

and AGAIN you failed to read that nade spam probably wouldn't be a necessary if you didn't have to keep champs stunned just to kill them with a borg I rarely use nades on raiders or most other classes...unless its one of those uberdodge raiders, you take decent damage from borgs.\

Edit: I have no clue but most of the high damage classes go full chiv in this game...I Liked aspeed builds myself but they nerfed it so...AP FTW! and cmon...how many aspeed champs do you see in this game now? xD

Edited by Sathanas, 31 March 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#33 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

If your getting hit for 4ks on stuns your running into (worst case scenario) mages..full 15 chivas and buffsets kinda stuff. My mage is average and does mabe 1.8 to 2.5ks on stuns and mabe 3ks on hits higher skills... most the champs i run into and consider OP probably do 2.5ks on slugger and mabe 1.8ks on launcher....

My argument isnt that mages aren't op atm..i agree with you they are..im saying that champs are op simply because you have to have a mage or be one hell of a badass player to kill a champ...Like ive said in other threads ive just seem champs simply mashing buttons in pvps and winnnig, simply because they are full chiv and know thier opponent is going to drop long before they do just because you cant do much damage to them.

I get your point. The only thing I have to disagree with is champs mashing buttons and winning. That's not true. Ive fought a lot of champs and I must say several of them are really, really weak and would die to a lot of other players.

My opinion is that if you are a good player with good gear and a good build, you can beat everyone. Having skills (meaning being able to play a class properly) counts a lot.

Edit replying to your edit about full chiva: that's exactly what I mean with being skilled, most think they wear full chiva and rape everyone, but then get dropped all the times.

Edited by Gojio, 31 March 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#34 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

I complain about bourg's being underpowered? :o

Please, go on.

#35 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

You are basing it off of 1 skill vs 1 skill, The ones hitting you for that much damage are obviously wearing a good amount of ap gear, and like I said they are hitting you for the single stat that you have lower than them (mdef).

Anti magic shell should just be changed completely. Make it a damaging hp absorption skill (with the same range) and make it absorb 2k hp at max level. This can help mages survivability problem without making an unfortunate victim completely useless. The success should be 100% and the cooldown 30 seconds so that it is long enough not to be spammable in a fight but not to long that you can never rely on it.

EDIt: Why do people assume 'full chivalrous' is the best set for everything?

+1, Hope you become a GM! :o

#36 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

Read my edit

If your going to RAGE rage at the people debuff spamming you, or the devs, lets not resort to insults because you got your buffsets knocked off a few times in unionwar :(

Kthxbai

and if you payd CAREFUL attention to what i said borgs probably wouldn't need to nade spam if champs Def was nerfed..OMG wow amazing how that works out??? :o

if we were doing reasonable damage to full chiv champs there would be less of a need to keep them stunlocked so less nade whoring and less qqing from guys like you...but like you said i don't know this game so....

Ok let me make it simple, what do you prefer getting the bourg's skill tree upgraded with some good boost + while having your grenades just at a lower % rate. Or keeping a grenade that is still not gonna help you kill a champ? Answer that with a good quality. Ive played scout for years and its like impossible to kill knights/champs but look at what i suggested " a def down skill" im suggesting things for the class i play that i know would be good for the system. Unlike you, you want to keep something the way it is because you have no idea on what kind of things would help a bourg, instead you rely on a 95-100% stun.

#37 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

I complain about bourg's being underpowered? :o

Please, go on.

So why do you rely so much on a consumable 100% stun? pretty obvious why because if you would actually read what the fact i'am saying lets get bourg's skill better you wouldn't be so upset about grenades being nerfed. You should start getting some ideas on how to build more on bourg's skills + while having your grenades just at a lower %. You make it sound like we want to kill bourg, we're just trying to get bourg better by boosting up its skills. Keep your grenades, just dont have a 100% stun cause no one has a 100% stun.

Edited by iBryan, 31 March 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#38 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Also Bryan, How long have you played? Because I dont remember you during the first YEAR of Union War. When I ONLY played a champ. I dont jump class to class on what is strongest as of the latest patch :o

Dude where are you pulling this brown cannon shells out of your rear end from? Also, why is it MY JOB to suggest a skill tree? I dont want that fking responsibility. I just wanna play the damn game. Why do you ignore that I've suggested halfing the stun chance? Or that I've suggested changing them completely? Just so you can continue specificly calling me out cause I use a crafted ammunition and grenades?

... and dude you roll every bourg, everyone does. I'm not crying about it. It does not bother me. I dont get mad when I die in UW and go make threads about the class that contributed to my death.

Edited by jagz, 31 March 2011 - 12:19 PM.

#39 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Edit: I have no clue but most of the high damage classes go full chiv in this game...I Liked aspeed builds myself but they nerfed it so...AP FTW! and cmon...how many aspeed champs do you see in this game now? xD

Heh my young padawan, there's much more you can learn still...

#40 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

+1, Hope you become a GM! :o

Hehe, thanks.

So why do you rely so much on a consumable 100% stun? pretty obvious why. You should start getting some ideas on how to build more on bourg's skills + while having your grenades just at a lower %. You make it sound like we want to kill bourg, we're just trying to get bourg better by boosting up its skills. Keep your grenades, just dont have a 100% stun cause no one has a 100% stun.

Bryan, the whole proposals section is full of good ideas, but it doesn't matter how many times they are suggested if the devs are completely oblivious to them.

#41 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Also Bryan, How long have you played? Because I dont remember you during the first YEAR of Union War. When I ONLY played a champ. I dont jump class to class on what is strongest as of the latest patch :o

Ive played a few years off and on just the fact i didn't you know as well. And jumping? um sorry to tell you this but i have most of my classes geared up and i just play them each individually on some time period. You just get mad when we bring up the grenade nerf hammer not knowing the rest cause all you focus on is "NERF GRENADE" WHAT?!
Bourg's skills boosted+ nades sounds badass to me. But nooooo lets keep a 100% stun thats gonna help you out more right?

And bringing up years just makes you look dumber because that just means a player that has been playing less years than you is bringing up better ideas and knowledge to the game without having as much experience as you. So it's not working bro

Edited by iBryan, 31 March 2011 - 12:19 PM.

#42 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Ok let me make it simple, what do you prefer getting the bourg's skill tree upgraded with some good boost + while having your grenades just at a lower % rate. Or keeping a grenade that is still not gonna help you kill a champ? Answer that with a good quality. Ive played scout for years and its like impossible to kill knights/champs but look at what i suggested " a def down skill" im suggesting things for the class i play that i know would be good for the system. Unlike you, you want to keep something the way it is because you have no idea on what kind of things would help a bourg, instead you rely on a 95-100% stun.

hmmm lesse a 20ish % def down on a class that has probably 7 to 8k defeence in War gear...Yep..borgs are skill screwed, Try again...

Since you seem to have problems reading in between the lines ill spell it out for you:

Lower the champs defense...THEN you can lower the nades % for a stun because it would not be as necessary to keep them stun locked. Lower champ def would also make them somewhat more killable for scouts and raiders and balance out the game a bit more. OH my the game just got somewhat more balanced for MORE than one class...amazing how that works?

and since your probably going to bring it up even tho ive already said it spazzy, YES mages need their debuff reduced/removed I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ISSUE

#43 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

hmmm lesse a 20ish % def down on a class that has probably 7 to 8k defeence in War gear...Yep..borgs are skill screwed, Try again...

Since you seem to have problems reading in between the lines ill spell it out for you:

Lower the champs defense...THEN you can lower the nades % for a stun because it would not be as necessary to keep them stun locked. Lower champ def would also make them somewhat more killable for scouts and raiders and balance out the game a bit more. OH my the game just got somewhat more balanced for MORE than one class...amazing how that works?

and since your probably going to bring it up even tho ive already said it spazzy, YES mages need their debuff reduced/removed I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ISSUE

after bourg's skills get better and champion's def get lower or not, you will have a way better chance than having a 100% stun grenade only. If you still cant kill the champions after these things get adjusted, you might wanna try another class or get better simple as that.

#44 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

after bourg's skills get better and champion's def get lower or not, you will have a way better chance than having a 100% stun grenade only. If you still cant kill the champions after these things get adjusted, you might wanna try another class or get better simple as that.

Im done trying to argue with ignorance.....Soooo How bout them raiders? ^^

Oh and FYI, my launcher borg rarely has grenades...just so you know....Try again...

Edited by Sathanas, 31 March 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#45 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

It makes me look dumber cause someone who played just as long is bringing up idea's? Huh?

Get off your high horse, I would not give a flying f if they halfed or quartered the success rate. Why do you keep ignoring that and saying "you just want 100% stun, you are just gonna go freak out when a nade suggest happens"? Dude if there is no opposition to suggestion, then how is a median ever going to be found.

Again I'm not a dev, It's not my job to build the skill tree. It does not make me DUMB just because I dont want to. Seriously?

No, Seriously, What's your problem today? I dont disagree with everything I'm just adding 2 cents like a PROPOSAL AND SUGGESTION thread should be.

but that's dumb.

Edited by jagz, 31 March 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#46 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Im done trying to argue with ignorance.....Soooo How bout them raiders? ^^

Oh and FYI, my launcher borg rarely has grenades...just so you know....Try again...

Ignorance? im trying to explain to you what im trying to say, how the hell im i contradicting what you're saying? and when did i bring your your name specifically when talking about these grenades? And bring up something about raiders lets see what else can you say to make yourself look dumb.

#47 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

You keep insisting on nerfing champ's def. I say it is fine because AP\Def are his main stats and they should be high.

I don't know about you, but B0mbshell can kill me in a 1v1 fully buffed, because he's able to keep me stunned most of the time. By the time I get to hit him once, I'm down to 50% (I'm not lying, it really happened). He's a good bourg and with a boost on bourg's skill he'd be a beast without being forced to rely on a grenade.

My conclusion is that if you can't kill a single champ ingame, your character must suck.

#48 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

"Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

#49 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

It makes me look dumber cause someone who played just as long is bringing up idea's? Huh?

Get off your high horse, I would not give a flying f if they halfed or quartered the success rate. Why do you keep ignoring that and saying "you just want 100% stun, you are just gonna go freak out when a nade suggest happens"? Dude if there is no opposition to suggestion, then how is a median ever going to be found.

Again I'm not a dev, It's not my job to build the skill tree. It does not make me DUMB just because I dont want to. Seriously?

How will the devs know what the players think if nothing is being suggested? only person i've seen touch a topic about bourgs skills lately has been adam. You tried to bring up years asking me how long have i been playing. I know you're not a dev, but how the hell do you expect bourg to get better? just by the random ass blue? you're getting all worked up for nothing cause instead of killing bourgs im actually trying to persuade more bourgs to come up with ideas cause believe it or not it could help instead of letting devs work on their own and youll just get even more upset.

#50 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

Ignorance? im trying to explain to you what im trying to say, how the hell im i contradicting what you're saying? and when did i bring your your name specifically when talking about these grenades? And bring up something about raiders lets see what else can you say to make yourself look dumb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users