XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

lol sins with lvl 1 dopple can do the similar thing

send dopple, hit 1 mob with xbow once all mobs agroed dopple, then just aa or ht if high enough lvl but need to sit some after each kill usually

that's not the point ._. and no a 52 sin can't handle it as good as a 52 domi imo.....nor as fast as domi...

#77 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

i wasnt making a point :D just saying...

#78 Bobdob

Bobdob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationThe Neverhood

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Your splitting wrong :D

When summoning pets...

Leave Kaz on manual and put the rest of the pets on Defense.

Send Kaz after the furthest mob from you in that front line say on the left.

Wait for kaz to cause all the linked spawns to agro not just the one you commanded him to attack.

The second they all agro on kaz shoot any of them that you DID NOT send Kaz after.

The one you shot will attack and your defensive mode pets will all just jump your singled mob.

When Kaz dies the other 3 in this case will go back and stand in line.

You may have already figured this out but hey, good info for any summon user I suppose...

#79 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

hm so I was doing it wrong? XD :D xD I'll try that bob ty :3

#80 Setill

Setill

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

So overlord, are you back?
I have a lvl 67 domi, planned for 65 foc but i lvled.
You maybe have the s1 gear, so it's all good cause the s2 gear for domis are crap.
Domi's pet can't be used as dps in pvp, but as range weapons that can proc "slow", and few damages.
I'm using them as meat shield too, hidding behind them before finishing the target, the oppenant can hardly target me.
Not much people have curse resist, all focusing on fire resist, so you can do nice damages.
Shadow binding is now a ubber skill for support, try it on a zerk or an elem and laugh about 1mn!

#81 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

Not much people have curse resist, all focusing on fire resist, so you can do nice damages.

lol? you talking about end game? do you know any people with crap elec resist too? that would be awesome

#82 Overlord

Overlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

So overlord, are you back?
I have a lvl 67 domi, planned for 65 foc but i lvled.
You maybe have the s1 gear, so it's all good cause the s2 gear for domis are crap.
Domi's pet can't be used as dps in pvp, but as range weapons that can proc "slow", and few damages.
I'm using them as meat shield too, hidding behind them before finishing the target, the oppenant can hardly target me.
Shadow binding is now a ubber skill for support, try it on a zerk or an elem and laugh about 1mn!

I don't even try PvP anymore, too much work with a Dominator. And hiding behind pets would be awesome if they could actually keep up with you. Too bugged to even try PvP. I'll stick to PvE, rarely these days, until new content and possibly a new class balancing.

It's just wrong to over-gear your class when other classes could kill you naked. DEVS FAIL.

#83 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

Then just go defiler. Might aswell if you aren't to use pets. Just puts more resources at your disposal.

#84 Overlord

Overlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Then just go defiler. Might aswell if you aren't to use pets. Just puts more resources at your disposal.

I hate repeating myself but here goes:

I don't feel comfortable with the Defiler play style. Also Defilers need good gear and i do not posses the money to get that gear. And just because dominators are :) doesn't mean I don't play mine. As broken as they are i can solo WS in like 10-15 min per run. Even found some ways to "unbug" pets when they go retarded.

But just because I can solo some instance (no bosses ofc), and found ways to use pets better than the average person trying Dominator for the first time, doesn't mean we should let it like this and say it's possible. I can do all that :( because I'm stubborn and i stayed with it and tried to enjoy it the way it i now. Why do you thing there are only 2-3 active Domis left? because 3 stubborn people refused to let it go.

I'm also not much of a PvP person, but that doesn't mean i should change my favorite class just to try it out from time to time.

Edited by Overlord, 11 August 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#85 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

u can change to defiler and take same skills as u did on your domi since pets dont count as skills...

#86 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Yea Thats what I was trying to say. He'll only lose nastech and ennon. If he doesnt like defiler so much he doesnt really have to take the lvl 60 skills...

#87 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Careful about what you guys are saying. :)

Overlord might whine less and even have.. fun.

#88 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

Careful about what you guys are saying. :)

Overlord might whine less and even have.. fun.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!

#89 Overlord

Overlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

Yea Thats what I was trying to say. He'll only lose nastech and ennon. If he doesnt like defiler so much he doesnt really have to take the lvl 60 skills...

It would still be the same :). i just don't have to waste any money on Job changes now.

#90 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

suit yourself :)

#91 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

It would still be the same :). i just don't have to waste any money on Job changes now.

well maybe you would have some left over points which you could use in an actually usefull skill

#92 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

Really your gameplay and how you enjoy it is up to you. You can only have as much fun as you will let yourself. Defiler is only the same if you make it so.

Edited by Syre, 12 August 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#93 Bobdob

Bobdob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationThe Neverhood

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

Don't underestimate the usefulness of Ennon and Nastech. Yes they both suffer the same AI faults as Kaz and Lenny but as a defiler you would have to use 20+ skill points to max out tab 1 Kaz and Lenny because you won't have the point saving option of the Middle Class Kaz and Middle Class Lenny.

Without Ennon there are no out of the blue heals which only need to save your life once to be considered worthwhile. Agreed that his heal is small and has a long cool down, but you will miss it the next time you are trying to live through a nasty DoT.

I re-skilled awhile back and ditched Nastech for more skill points and after awhile I came to miss both his DPS while grinding as well as his trap sponging in PvP. I'm glad to have him back in the line up now.

The only skill a Defiler has that a Dominator really should have is Bind Soul. There was no justification for taking this single target stun away from Dominators in S2 and giving it exclusively to Defilers.

#94 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

The only skill a Defiler has that a Dominator really should have is Bind Soul. There was no justification for taking this single target stun away from Dominators in S2 and giving it exclusively to Defilers.

agree

#95 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Without Ennon there are no out of the blue heals which only need to save your life once to be considered worthwhile. Agreed that his heal is small and has a long cool down, but you will miss it the next time you are trying to live through a nasty DoT.

Personally, my ennon is a good boy and he heals me fairly often so I don't think his downtime for heal is that long, 5secs tops if anything, he just chooses to heal you at about half life or something like that...now if you can control WHEN to heal you (along with kaz's paralysis), we could see some more dominators back in the game

With the stun, yes. Also Curse Effect....gotta give the domi some AOE...cmon ;)

#96 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:38 AM

domi_is_so_much_fun

http://www.xfire.com/video/336c40/

#97 Overlord

Overlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:43 AM

domi_is_so_much_fun

http://www.xfire.com/video/336c40/

I miss S1. I could solo WS and RM/TM bosses ;).

Edited by Overlord, 14 August 2010 - 02:43 AM.

#98 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

#99 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

haha domis are such noobs, so much effort to kill that boss, what u want is tempest sleep + lr combo u never get hit xD

+ much better dmg

and temp can solo most of those bosses too

and ray noob nealry died there lucky

#100 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

so do it with a 55 tempy ;)