I think I found the April Fools - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I think I found the April Fools

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

If you enter Prontera via one of the warp portals (rather than via save point as most do) you'll enter a PvP version of Prontera. Found this when levelling a new character.
This is on Ymir, dunno about other servers.

Posted Image

Edited by soudou, 01 April 2011 - 03:53 AM.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:05 AM

Edit your post or you'll ruin the fun =s

#3 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

Well what fun? Noone is in there because noone uses the warp portals unless coming from Izlude with a noob xD At least now maybe some people will make use of it. I guess its different on valk though with the whole "South Pront" thing. I will edit though if more people think I should, just wanted to help point people to the fun, not ruin any fun :3

Edited by soudou, 01 April 2011 - 04:17 AM.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

Wel, there is at least a constant fow of zeny spammers comming into valk pvp. It is somehow relaxing o-o

#5 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

lol thats odd. Why do they come from outside portals? Or does the Training Grounds Acolyte Job warper warp to the Prontera PvP? Theres no spammers or much bots here so no bot killing fun :<

Edited by soudou, 01 April 2011 - 04:28 AM.

#6 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

Last time they did this was like six years ago, it was fun!

#7 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

the ro of six years ago was fun

#8 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, how... funny. What can be more amusing than walking into Prontera, getting killed by some 3rd Job guy, and landing back at your Save Point with no HP left, meaning that you just wasted the last 15-30 minutes? Really, the GMs could get jobs as the next generation of Looney Toons, they're so funny. :o

#9 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Yeah, how... funny. What can be more amusing than walking into Prontera, getting killed by some 3rd Job guy, and landing back at your Save Point with no HP left, meaning that you just wasted the last 15-30 minutes? Really, the GMs could get jobs as the next generation of Looney Toons, they're so funny. :o

Also they bugged it so people can't complete the Priest quest because of this PvP thingy. Fun!

http://forums.warppo...ange-quest-bug/
http://forums.warppo...est-job-broken/

Edited by soudou, 01 April 2011 - 12:21 PM.

#10 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

There was another April Fools event ^^

#11 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

There was another April Fools event ^^

Lol yeah I was there when you announced you had 5 MCAs to give away if everyone came to Poring Island then shouted April Fools! xD Then you dropped a load of cards around the map and announced all porings contained cards. But for a long time I didn't get any cards so I thought it was another April Fools >_>;; In the end I only got a Fabre, Thiefbug Egg and Martin card.... lol. But free is free, so thanks! And I did meet some fellow confused people and had a fun chat. :3
I think people were killing porings for ages long after there were no cards left. Some may still be there even.

Edited by soudou, 01 April 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#12 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

I think there were just so many people the cards got eaten up in about a minute or so. That's when I went around throwing heaps more whenever I saw people hunting. ^^

edit: It's also possible the poring started digesting them so the left half of the map (which I fed first) might not have had anything by the time people started killing them. I've heard that ones on the central part and right hand side had more? Who knows! Thanks for playing!

Edited by Ultimate, 01 April 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#13 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Yeah the porings eating the cards is a problem. Since they can only hold a certain amount of loot at a time and then whatever gets recycled is erased. It'd be cool if the GMs made an official event like this where they re-program the porings to not erase cards and actually have the porings spawn with a random monster card inside them for an hour. Obviously excluding stuff like MvP cards etc.

It must of taken a lot of effort on your part to run around like that. Same with the Hide and Seek events. Ymir is lucky to have you ;D Thanks for the fun.

Edited by soudou, 01 April 2011 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users