EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

Alrighty guys, how y'all doin?
I have gotten some money saved up and i want to get an ipod touch, but i am unsure of which to get, 8 gb, 32, or 64.
Also.. i hear Apple releases new ipods (new gens) like every september.. so should i just wait? because the ipod touch 4th gen looks really cool, and worth while.. help out? :(

#2 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

You can get a better mp3 player for less money if you lose your adoration for the apple logo :(

I've always enjoyed the Sansa series. http://www.bestbuy.c...3&skuId=1116326

But there is many others to choose from.

Edited by Maka, 04 April 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#3 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

If you don't care about camera quality, get it now. I have a 2G touch and it has been very good to me these (going on three) years. Personally I'm waiting hoping the 5G has a decent enough camera to replace a point-and-shoot, but it's still a very very good device. You probably won't regret buying it now.

#4 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

i has a creative zen picture here
is cool to have ( i like it better then the ipod )

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

The biggest advantage to the ipod touch over other MP3 players is definitely access to the app store. I had the 8gig second generation iTouch and it proved itself indispensable over travel to the far east, Chicago and everyday use but the storage size was definitely became too small when you start adding in full length movies, tv shows and such. I'm not crazy about buying apple products when they just come out, early adopters of a new version model are often glorified beta testers, but you can find some very reasonable refurbished last-years models. Never had major trouble with a refurbished unit and the discount negates some of the extra price of the apple units.

If you get one, I highly recommend getting a version later than the 2nd gen, you want to get one with the nice retina display they have on the iphone.

#6 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

You can get a better mp3 player for less money if you lose your adoration for the apple logo :(

I've always enjoyed the Sansa series. http://www.bestbuy.c...3&skuId=1116326

But there is many others to choose from.

Yeah, if you just want an iPod Touch for it's mp3 capabilities, you're better off buying something like that which is much cheaper. But the Touch has so many other features that a lot of cheaper mp3 players don't which is why you pay more.

Anyway, I would get at least a 32gb one. You'll fill up 8gb too fast and you'll kick yourself later for being a cheap ass and not spending the $70ish more for quadruple the memory size. If you don't need one right this instant though, I would wait for September as the new one might be even better or the 4th gen might drop a little in price.

#7 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

i use my cell as mp3 player. but if you want the ipod, buy it. great quality. but maybe the next model will have a dual core processor so its up to you. if you play games on it also, wait til the end of the year. if not, get the 32 or 64 gb one. 8 gigs is not that much nowadays.

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

I just picked up a pretty nice Stone, which I fully recommend to anyone considering buying an apple product. An iPod may be pretty cool now, but what about ten thousand years from now? Thankfully, the Stone is timeless. You can find them available at a wide number of retail locations.

Posted Image

#9 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ah thanks guys, but yeah i just want the ipod touch mainly for facetime with my gf since she cant have her phone anymore. :(

#10 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Ah thanks guys, but yeah i just want the ipod touch mainly for facetime with my gf since she cant have her phone anymore. :(

you could buy this then: http://www.gsmarena....a_play-3608.php it comes with 8gb memory card in the pack and its somekind of phone with psp lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users