Items that can't be sold or dropped - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Items that can't be sold or dropped

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

It's unbelievable that nobody has posted this question before. Anyway, you may have noticed that there are NPCs, apparently remnants of the Dandelion Quest, who stand around in the cities and hand you Letters of Recommendation even if you just pass by. The problem is that the quest isn't fully reimplemented, but instead it's only the NPCs with the letters. This means that if you talk to the NPC who should be receiving them, he will basically just tell you that the quest isn't available anymore. However, he doesn't take away the letters, and you can't drop or sell them, so now you're stuck with a quest item from a quest that doesn't exist anymore. Wish the GMs wouldn't feel the need to show off their almost superhuman creativity in finding ways to mess up the game every week. :(

#2 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

yeah i have a few items from quests actually stuck on characters. the Letters you can at least stick in storage., or stick them on a character you wan delete to get rid of them.

I think the only way to really get rid of the items is to send a ticket in asking for them to be removed.

#3 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

if it doesnt have any weight to it, it doesnt matter really. i had items on one of my chars (till ultimate helped me out) from the sign quest that took forever to get rid of. if its 0 weight then why does it matter

#4 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

if it doesnt have any weight to it, it doesnt matter really. i had items on one of my chars (till ultimate helped me out) from the sign quest that took forever to get rid of. if its 0 weight then why does it matter

There is a limit of 100(?) different items that a character can hold. So it might become a problem for people that hold lots of different gear and healing items.

#5 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

Make a novice, put the items you want to get rid on it, delete the novice and done.

#6 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

at least you from they came, one of my chars got a weird item once from a npc on a quest she never started... worse, the item was almost need it at the end of the quest.

Also the other day I found a metaling doing alchemy to items it pick up... all the loot was warped to other stuff instead of the name o.O

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

I still have some of the stupid Christmas diaries still on one or two guys and find it a bit annoying as well.

#8 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Strange I was pretty sure we killed that.

we will fix it on Thursday.

#9 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Strange I was pretty sure we killed that.

we will fix it on ThursdayWednesday.

rather hope... not dealing with 2 days of maint... besides the several emergency maints and zones down for fixing that im sure will happen

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

It's unbelievable that nobody has posted this question before. Anyway, you may have noticed that there are NPCs, apparently remnants of the Dandelion Quest, who stand around in the cities and hand you Letters of Recommendation even if you just pass by. The problem is that the quest isn't fully reimplemented, but instead it's only the NPCs with the letters. This means that if you talk to the NPC who should be receiving them, he will basically just tell you that the quest isn't available anymore. However, he doesn't take away the letters, and you can't drop or sell them, so now you're stuck with a quest item from a quest that doesn't exist anymore. Wish the GMs wouldn't feel the need to show off their almost superhuman creativity in finding ways to mess up the game every week. :(

... Did you try to NPC them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users