Whatever happened to reworking guild extension? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Whatever happened to reworking guild extension?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

I recall some months ago Heim was fiddling around with changing guild extension to +6 per level rather than +4, allowing for 76/76 guilds. He set up an event at Prontera fountain to be invited to his guild to test the limits and everything. After that, I didn't hear much. Was this idea scrapped? It seems like it would still be quite useful to look into.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

isn't it a bad idea considering most guilds are like 20 people? D:

#3 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

I bring it up specifically because our guild is running out of room on a consistent basis and older members are coming back to the game. We keep having to kick people we haven't seen for a couple days to make space, only to have them return later in the week and want their spot back. As it stands 56 is too low!

Besides, if they were looking into it before, what's the harm in finding out their results? I'm not asking for it to be implemented immediately, I'm just curious as to what was discovered.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Your guildleader needs to pot for me >:|

It'd be nice to know if its working but for the majority of guilds it's really kind of the opposite problem as far as I've seen.

#5 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

I'm guessing that the population drop made it a non-issue at the moment. :(

#6 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

You may have to set up a 2nd Guild for now. And yeah there are still some pretty huge guilds, Clandestine Society on Ymir seems to be pretty active and full. As well as some others. But they usually do the "make a 2nd guild" thing. Not ideal though I know as then the guild community is then split :\ But if you have some guild forums and all hang at the same spot you can collaborate still.

Try sending in a ticket, more likely to get a responce from staff.

Edited by soudou, 05 April 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#7 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

You all are misunderstanding me. I'm not asking for it to be implemented right now. Tests were done, and I am just curious as to what the results of that test were.

For future readers of this topic: If all you're coming to do is post "lol this game is dead u dont need bigger guild noob ^^" then you can save yourself the time, it's been covered and that's not what this topic is about.

#8 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Try sending in a ticket, more likely to get a responce from staff.

I was hoping there had been some kind of announcement in the past that I had missed and players knew about. That seems to not be the case. However, I believe it is still relevant for the population at large to have this information, so I would like a response here. I will submit a ticket as well, but this is more of a community issue than a personal one, IMO.

#9 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Sorry if you misunderstood, actually. :( I think you read too much into it. They are not likely to worry about updates that are less pressing compared to things like fixing partying, sorting out F2P, etc etc at the moment when the problem generally isn't as severe as it was a while back when the population was larger. Calm down. Have a cup of tea or something. Something like increasing the number of guild members would probably have been put on the back burner for the time being, so having no news about it is understandable.

#10 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

Sorry if you misunderstood, actually. :( I think you read too much into it. They are not likely to worry about updates that are less pressing compared to things like fixing partying, sorting out F2P, etc etc at the moment when the problem generally isn't as severe as it was a while back when the population was larger. Calm down. Have a cup of tea or something. Something like increasing the number of guild members would probably have been put on the back burner for the time being, so having no news about it is understandable.

Regardless of that, the tests were already done. I just want to know what they found out.

And I assure you I'm not very upset about this, I just noticed a trend beginning in the thread and sought to nip it in the bud before it continued throughout the entire day.

#11 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

However, I believe it is still relevant for the population at large to have this information, so I would like a response here. I will submit a ticket as well, but this is more of a community issue than a personal one, IMO.

Yeah I agree, if you find out you can always pass the information on to the rest of us. :(

Edited by soudou, 05 April 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#12 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I wish they would do something, my guild is normaly full also and it woul dbe nicce to be able to add more people.

Also this is a little of topic. but can they add a new skill where it will let you make a bigger party. so like lvl 5 of this skill you can get up to 20 people in a party. It sucks haveing to choose only 12 people for a party that 20 people can do. or for woe a 20 person party would be so much better.

#13 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Bigger Guild Would Be fun. It would be nice to know the results of those tests.

#14 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

If anything, it needs to go the other way. We've lost about 60% of our population due to Renewal, followed by the fact that we've received basically 0 changes to it in 6 months.

#15 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

I agree with it needing to be the opposite if anything. With the current population large sized guilds lead to lack of true competition as only a few guilds get those kinds of numbers.

#16 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

I agree with it needing to be the opposite if anything. With the current population large sized guilds lead to lack of true competition as only a few guilds get those kinds of numbers.

Seriously, they should have dropped it down to +2 additional members per guild extension a while ago. It's sad to see a whole realm owned by one guild. =(

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

i like it atm, how often do you fill your guild with online player in 1 woe... when it does happen u just slaughter everyone

#18 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

We did try to extend the guild size, it didn't work. It would require specific developement to fix. It was a much smaller thing than most of hte other stuff we are nagging the development team with. But fear not, there are guild and WoE updates coming later this year for RO, I would not be surprised if a guild extension was a part of those updates.

#19 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

We did try to extend the guild size, it didn't work. It would require specific developement to fix. It was a much smaller thing than most of hte other stuff we are nagging the development team with. But fear not, there are guild and WoE updates coming later this year for RO, I would not be surprised if a guild extension was a part of those updates.

Thank you for the reply. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users