Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

"If the user casts Sprint level 7 or greater, is barehanded, and cancels Sprint soon after initiating the skill, the caster will be launched into the Spurt status. The Spurt status lasts for 150 seconds and increases the caster's STR by 10. If the user equips a weapon while in the Spurt status, the Spurt status will be lost."

#4 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

"If the user casts Sprint level 7 or greater, is barehanded, and cancels Sprint soon after initiating the skill, the caster will be launched into the Spurt status. The Spurt status lasts for 150 seconds and increases the caster's STR by 10. If the user equips a weapon while in the Spurt status, the Spurt status will be lost."

I don't think that's what Azzy meant...

Anyway I'm guessing your problem is (from your subtitle), that you want the spurt status with your soul linker? It is not a bug, spurt status was intented to be only for TK and SG, not SL. Altho I guess the ingame description might not mention this, as all descriptions are due for an overhaul.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Chucklet, 06 April 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#5 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Sorry my mistake, it doesn't work for taekwon either :/

Edited by Drak231, 06 April 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

I know what the skill is supposed to do. How is it not working?

What happens when you try to use it? How is it not working? Do you not receive the icon? Do you get the icon but no str? Str shows in status window, but no damage boost? Do you know how to use it? Have you successfully used it in the past? I know it worked pre-renewal, though you had to mash the button to get it to go off; i couldn't do it 100% of the time that i tried.

#7 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

No icon; no str bonus; no damage boost; no boost with flying kick/tumbling. What I normally do is run on a wall when I'm really close to it, but I also tried to run and stop quickly. Doesn't seem to work...

Yes I know how to use it and yes I have successfully used it in the past on all pserver I've been.

I don't mind this much because I'm going SL, but I just thought it would be a good idea to report it! ^^

#8 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:36 AM

No icon; no str bonus; no damage boost; no boost with flying kick/tumbling. What I normally do is run on a wall when I'm really close to it, but I also tried to run and stop quickly. Doesn't seem to work...

Yes I know how to use it and yes I have successfully used it in the past on all pserver I've been.

I don't mind this much because I'm going SL, but I just thought it would be a good idea to report it! ^^

Just tried it on my Teakwon master, I have no trouble activating it. (just so to check it's not an all-server wide bug :() Checked with 2 others for issues, there are none. I know I am on Ymir, but it still makes me highly doubtful that the skill itself is bugged or that the bug only occurs on Ygg (but who knows...).
Have you asked other teakwon if they had issues?
Also, I'm faily sure you cannot active spurt status by running into a wall (I tried, it's impossible unless your timing is so perfect you just stop running be4 hitting the wall). Just double tap the skill at a speed slightly slower then you would normally double-click an icon with your mouse (activate > 0.5s > deactivate).

#9 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Just tried it on my Teakwon master, I have no trouble activating it. (just so to check it's not an all-server wide bug :() Checked with 2 others for issues, there are none. I know I am on Ymir, but it still makes me highly doubtful that the skill itself is bugged or that the bug only occurs on Ygg (but who knows...).
Have you asked other teakwon if they had issues?
Also, I'm faily sure you cannot active spurt status by running into a wall (I tried, it's impossible unless your timing is so perfect you just stop running be4 hitting the wall). Just double tap the skill at a speed slightly slower then you would normally double-click an icon with your mouse (activate > 0.5s > deactivate).

I guess I'm going to try again tomorrow if I'm still on yggdrasil. About the spurt status using a wall, it should normally work when running into the wall when you're like one cell from the wall. So you use the skill and it automatically cancels out by running into it... that, at least used to work... and I also tried to use the skill and stop it as fast as I could, but it couldn't work... oh and the skill is of course higher than level 7 (level 10).

It should also work for SL; I doubled checked this on the net.

#10 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

It should also work for SL; I doubled checked this on the net.

I have several sources that say otherwise :), I will try this on my soul linker when the servers go up .**

Anyway I have never, ever been able to activate spurt status via a wall, only get bounced back, but spurt won't activate. Then again, I never purposefully use it near objects :).

**Edit: Confirmed that spurt status CAN be activated on soul linker, stupid sources :(.

Also been playing around walls alot, still not able to activate spurt by (immediately) running into objects, but no trouble activating it the normal way.

Edited by Chucklet, 08 April 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#11 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:14 AM

Was transfered on Ymir, couldn't retest on Yggdrasil, but I think I just did it wrong back there. I know for sure that the run into wall used to work, but not anymore I guess.... weird! Or maybe it never worked on official, but I don't understand why it would only be on pserver? Anyway, thxs!

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

Was transfered on Ymir, couldn't retest on Yggdrasil, but I think I just did it wrong back there. I know for sure that the run into wall used to work, but not anymore I guess.... weird! Or maybe it never worked on official, but I don't understand why it would only be on pserver? Anyway, thxs!

Run on wall never worked on official. Running into a wall is not supposed to work (i mean really - spurt is supposed to represent moving around to get your blood flowing before a fight. Ramming a wall with your body would, if anything, get your blood flowing out.

That it works on illegal private servers is just another example of their shoddy implementation of RO mechanics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users