• 252 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

Pirate "fix" :( what do you mean?

Page 5 or 4 of the costume copotetion

"Unleashing ones Inner Pirate"

Did we unleach our inner pirrate

Edited by ddt0, 06 April 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#27 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Page 5 or 4 of the costume copotetion

"Unleashing ones Inner Pirate"

Did we unleach our inner pirrate

Oh yes i remember saying that. Im just confused what the relevance is in this thread. Im sorry! dont make me walk tha plank.

#28 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

The Drop system is still under review and we are aware of the reported issues with Orlo being a less than desirable location for players to hunt/farm.

If you had any specific item you're concerned about, let me know and I'll be happy to tell you how many different monsters/locations it drops from and together, we can see if there is an apparent issue with a location or even particular item.

I will be renaming this thread to stay on topic and be a little more appropriate to what we're trying to accomplish here. Thank you to everyone for their feedback.

WOW...falls over.

Ummm Zepplin I really do not know where to start.

1) The monsters are apparently all basic type so none of them drops anything really desirable.

2) Lisent HG drops very rarely and in very small quantities.

3) Lisent fe/cu/pb/al/cr/au/u/ti(and any I missed) do not fall at all.

4) Hermes, Enthric, Low Enthiric do not fall at all or very very rarely.

5) Only yellow armors drop from most mobs.

6) 1st grade gems drop from monsters that should be dropping 2nd or 3rd grade.

7) Many things like gunpowder, essence, low essence, pink powder etc drop off of monsters on orlo(these drops belong for level 1-100 chars for zant/junon).

8) There are a whole host of drops used to craft(for what point I have no idea since crafting has been nerfed so badly that artisans should be renamed to Gemcutters as that's really all they can do that means anything) that do not drop that used to drop.

9) I feel that the scavenger kings are much too difficult to kill

The basic point is that a> the right drops are not dropping b> there isn't nearly enough of what there is dropping that makes sense(lisent hg) to be dropping there. We need regular amounts of decent drops to feel rewarded by the game. The amounts before were too much. The amounts before the update were still a little too much and maybe needed to be 1/2 or so. Right now it looks like lisent hg drops like 1/20th of what it did and the other lisent/gem/armor/chemical/crafting drops don't drop at all.

Also:

I believe that something has happened to the gem cutting system. Before the update it was easier to craft then it is now. Topaz/Diamond/Garnet/Sapphire are particularly hard/much harder than some of the other gems. Our gem cutter has 5 less con than the absolute maximum and is getting a horrible failure rate with gems being cut with chemicals that are listed as "fair" by the indicator in the gem cutting window. Note these failures are happening on gem which is resulting in total loss of the gem. Note 2: no chemical seems to get an easy flag on the gem's i've listed above 5th grade. I've seen 4 straight failures of cutting to diamond 6's with Hime(listed as fair). I can tell you that we've cut 50-60 7th grade gems since the update and perhaps 10 of those failed even though we were using pretty decent chemical(failures refining to 6 and 7 with low enthiric/enthirc and even hermes(which is no longer really available). We've also of course gone through the regular amounts of failure to 4, 5 and an increased amount of failure to 6. The numbers of failures and the fact of failing too often on gem is making it hard to break even.

#29 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

I think LadyPsybers post pretty much sums up the problem with drop rates. I've been too lazy to farm Orlo because there are little rewards. And I've only gotten catalysts from ghosts, and gun powder from devourers

#30 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

Well its just that when they were first released, they were said to be rare if i remember correctly.

i think that it whas rare.
to many people farmed.
because the drop rate of the epic weapens is still Low (Hard to get).

#31 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

to many people farmed.

hm okay w

#32 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

to many people farmed.

-.-

in other games u have to farm like 1 month to get a so called "rare" weapon....

epics are NOT rare

nothing is rare in rose...

#33 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

I've been getting rather a lot of these seperation drills too. They are dropping all over Eldeon for me from normal monsters and from Yigore Ghosts. I got about 30 over 3 to 4 hours of game play last weekend.

Like EmoCutt said, i thought they were supposed to be rare

#34 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Ummm Zepplin I really do not know where to start.

1) The monsters are apparently all basic type so none of them drops anything really desirable.

2) Lisent HG drops very rarely and in very small quantities.

3) Lisent fe/cu/pb/al/cr/au/u/ti(and any I missed) do not fall at all.

4) Hermes, Enthric, Low Enthiric do not fall at all or very very rarely.

5) Only yellow armors drop from most mobs.

6) 1st grade gems drop from monsters that should be dropping 2nd or 3rd grade.

7) Many things like gunpowder, essence, low essence, pink powder etc drop off of monsters on orlo(these drops belong for level 1-100 chars for zant/junon).

8) There are a whole host of drops used to craft(for what point I have no idea since crafting has been nerfed so badly that artisans should be renamed to Gemcutters as that's really all they can do that means anything) that do not drop that used to drop.

9) I feel that the scavenger kings are much too difficult to kill

The basic point is that a> the right drops are not dropping b> there isn't nearly enough of what there is dropping that makes sense(lisent hg) to be dropping there. We need regular amounts of decent drops to feel rewarded by the game. The amounts before were too much. The amounts before the update were still a little too much and maybe needed to be 1/2 or so. Right now it looks like lisent hg drops like 1/20th of what it did and the other lisent/gem/armor/chemical/crafting drops don't drop at all.

Also:

I believe that something has happened to the gem cutting system. Before the update it was easier to craft then it is now. Topaz/Diamond/Garnet/Sapphire are particularly hard/much harder than some of the other gems. Our gem cutter has 5 less con than the absolute maximum and is getting a horrible failure rate with gems being cut with chemicals that are listed as "fair" by the indicator in the gem cutting window. Note these failures are happening on gem which is resulting in total loss of the gem. Note 2: no chemical seems to get an easy flag on the gem's i've listed above 5th grade. I've seen 4 straight failures of cutting to diamond 6's with Hime(listed as fair). I can tell you that we've cut 50-60 7th grade gems since the update and perhaps 10 of those failed even though we were using pretty decent chemical(failures refining to 6 and 7 with low enthiric/enthirc and even hermes(which is no longer really available). We've also of course gone through the regular amounts of failure to 4, 5 and an increased amount of failure to 6. The numbers of failures and the fact of failing too often on gem is making it hard to break even.

1) We are aware of the abundance of basic type monsters and will be reviewing the possibility to add/change to more varying types of monsters for those locations.

2) Lisent Hg drops from 35 different monsters, the majority of which are from BOSS monsters, however there are a few Captain/Leader and Ghosts that also drop them. Some of the rates are low (less than 1%, while others are fairly reasonable 3-6%)

3) Lisent Fe drops from 29 different monsters.
Lisent Cu drops from 59 different monsters.
Lisent Pb drops from 40 different monsters.
Lisent Al drops from 58 different monsters.
Lisent Na drops from 11 different monsters.
Lisent Cr drops from 21 different monsters.
Lisent Au drops from 12 different monsters.
Lisent Ti drops from 18 different monsters.

4) Low Enthiric drops from 93 different monsters.
Enthiric drops from 36 different monsters.
Hermes drops from 50 different monsters.

5) Depending on your level, Blue item drops are generally only available for 5-8 levels BEFORE their intended level requirement and then 6-9 levels AFTER their level requirement. The level is based off the monsters level.

6) Please provide more information or a specific monster/scenario and I will be happy to look it up for you.

7-9) All reasonable issues, most of which are currently under review. Thank you for the feedback.

#35 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

3) Lisent Fe drops from 29 different monsters.
Lisent Cu drops from 59 different monsters.
Lisent Pb drops from 40 different monsters.
Lisent Al drops from 58 different monsters.
Lisent Na drops from 11 different monsters.
Lisent Cr drops from 21 different monsters.
Lisent Au drops from 12 different monsters.
Lisent Ti drops from 18 different monsters.

Without being too specific, any hints? At least what planet for each?

#36 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Without being too specific, any hints? At least what planet for each?

(Not saying I agree with this, just reporting it.)
For Lisent Fe it is mainly Junon BOSS monsters. Even the Jelly King can drop it.
Liscent Cu seems to pick up where Lisent Fe left off with Junon BOSS monsters, then carries on to Luna BOSS monsters.

This pattern continues for the rest of the Lisents, all the way through Orlo Boss monsters, where admittedly, the drop rate is quite low.

I have passed along this information to the Development Team for review.

Thank you.

#37 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

It's kind of silly to say something like drops from 30 different monsters when the majority of those are probably bosses which usually only have very few spawns some even only having 1 spawn. It's just making it sound like it's oh so much more but it's really not.

Just pointing that out for people that will read it and not really think about it. I'm sure you're (zep) aware of the drop issues but would be nice if the devs did more than just place drops "under review" after they're the ones who screwed them up.

Edited by Kaizy, 07 April 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#38 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Stop looking at your newly designed tiering drop system and go play the game. Then realize that you are wasting your time playing the game.

:(

#39 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

Thats rly nice info and all but with all due respect, we don't care bout no - bosses.
People farm regular mobs. Bosses spawn alone, ever 5 min. Wich means u can hold a teaparty between each spawn.

If you rly want to play it this way then increase boss spawns and adjust respawn rate.

Edited by gEddeh, 07 April 2011 - 12:00 PM.
Avoiding word filter

#40 Dravien

Dravien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

Ding Ding Ding, 100% right, you get a prize!

BTW: just so people know, still no official comment that the developers a> see the problem with Orlo and how negatively it's affecting us b> are diligently working on the problem so the game stops bleeding players off/might lure some of the lost players back.

Then how is it i get lisents from electric ghosts and normal astarots?

#41 muppet

muppet

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

a few days ago, i decided to go to orlo, being fed up with the cheating scum that play UWs, just lvl 211, with my trusty cleric by my side, and not doing the quests to get there, just rtt there, i soon learnt abt the place, but after killing i dunno, 10, maybe 15 of them scavenger pack leaders and getting little or no drops, mainly no drops :(, i got a drop of an endless blade, i smiled :), come on dev`s get this sorted please, i dont want endless drops of epics, but i would like to be rewarded with something after killing a boss, jeez its hard to solo them pack leaders, but to get nothing from them sure does piss me off :),

end rant:)

#42 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

a few days ago, i decided to go to orlo, being fed up with the cheating scum that play UWs, just lvl 211, with my trusty cleric by my side, and not doing the quests to get there, just rtt there, i soon learnt abt the place, but after killing i dunno, 10, maybe 15 of them scavenger pack leaders and getting little or no drops, mainly no drops :(, i got a drop of an endless blade, i smiled :), come on dev`s get this sorted please, i dont want endless drops of epics, but i would like to be rewarded with something after killing a boss, jeez its hard to solo them pack leaders, but to get nothing from them sure does piss me off :),

end rant:)

The abundance of Epic weapon drops has been reported to the Dev Team. I will follow up with them today to see if I can find out if/when there will be a resolution.

#43 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

The last time I fought Scavenger Pack Leaders I killed hundreds of them for 9 houres. I didn't get any drop worth telling. You should consider yourself lucky :(

#44 muppet

muppet

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

The last time I fought Scavenger Pack Leaders I killed hundreds of them for 9 houres. I didn't get any drop worth telling. You should consider yourself lucky :(

hundreds in 9 hours, then u must be godlike, i bow to the god geddeh :)

#45 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

It is right in the sense that, when i review the drop table for that range, it makes sense that you would be receiving that many of them. However, I will submit this information to the Development Team for review and hopefully they will be able to adjust this items drop rate.

Thank you.

i was able to farm over 200 seperation drills in roughly 3 hours.

#46 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

having boos monsters atleast drop something (worth it ofcourse) makes sence to me, especialy when they are much stronger than you (colorwise).

Ive killed some bosses on chars which im lvling and most of the times i didnt got any drop or i got a very crappy one which doesnt make it worth it to kill them also for the exp u get from it, since its time consuming and killing several 'normal' monsters makes u end up with more exp then putting effort in the bossmonster.

#47 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

hundreds in 9 hours, then u must be godlike, i bow to the god geddeh :)

Lol? xD It's just that Scavenger Pack Leaders spawn like 8 at a time. After killing them, 8 more immediatly spawn. And so on and so on :(

#48 ddt0

ddt0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

The abundance of Epic weapon drops has been reported to the Dev Team. I will follow up with them today to see if I can find out if/when there will be a resolution.

i know of 2 stores that have 35 (full vend) of the new epic weps. the value has doped significantly when i got my epic wep. first staff in game i payed 1.3b. now 25m - 155m for a epic.

There seems to be a major disconnect between the dev team and "us players". why don't you "devs" guys play the game it would be much clear to see the issues other than relying only on zepp to pass on info. have you ever hired an economist or logged in every so often to see shops and pricing to see if something is wrong.

Do you guys have aggregate function that can count items that are been vended to get an idea of abundance of lack there of items for sale. like "how many lissents ti are in lenois for sale" = 0. hmmm
how many epic x bows =75 hmmm

do you track that can you track it?
is this confusing?

I know it seems like ladypsyber has never ending unmerciless bitching. But she cares like a lot like most of us. and players like her have seen the game when it was wildly popular and seen what works and does not. I honestly think this game is on the brink. I don't want to see my lovly cleric die. but just look at the numbers of how many people are on the forums bitching/(caring) about there game. its has doped a LOT. currenlty are are 19 people on the forums in the rose online game. highest so far 43

I love rose too much for it to die. That is why i spend so much on this game.

Edited by ddt0, 07 April 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#49 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

The reason why these new weapons dropped this significantly in price so fast is because some people were to eager to get them instead of waiting for a while.
I meann, it was easy to guess that some players would go farm for days at a time to aquire the newest weapons.

I even send a ticket asking for the drop rate of these epics being nerfed even further.

It does not suprise me at all.

Edited by gEddeh, 07 April 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#50 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

The reason why these new weapons dropped this significantly in price so fast is because some people were to eager to get them instead of waiting for a while.
I meann, it was easy to guess that some players would go farm for days at a time to aquire the newest weapons.

I even send a ticket asking for the drop rate of these epics being nerfed even further.

It does not suprise me at all.

You maybe right. I, however, think the issue isn't that simple. It is all about the supply and demand. When sellers cannot sell their stock, but the newer stock keeps on stacking, it is a matter of time before the prices are reduced. The new epic is indeed better than the previous weapons, but if we look at them carefully. At refine 15, the new epic weapons are only about 70-100 more attack power than the previous weapons (some epic has less attack power than the previous weapon). Of course, there are some other stats add in as the bonus for the epic weapon. However, even with that little extra stat, does it worth to spend billion of Zulies or repeat the troublesome refine process for the epic? It is certainly cheaper to keep or buy the previous weapon at refine 15. After all, the refine 15 of the previous weapons is as strong as the refine 14 epic weapon and cost much less than the epic weapons. Second possible cause is the lack of players. With less players, the number of buyers also got reduce thus the number of sell will be less than normal, which bring back the problem of more stacking stock and reducing price. Third is the possible lower zulie in the market. With less Zulie in players bank, the value of Zulie shots up, and players are less likely to spend for a new items. Ultimately, the price of epic will go down one way or another.

Edited by ChampPower, 07 April 2011 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users