We want Convex Mirrors on Ymir. - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

We want Convex Mirrors on Ymir.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#76 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

dont want it

#77 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

Convex Mirrors shouldn't even see the light of day on Ymir. Ymir is full of old school players who WORKED to battle MVPs, even if they had jobs or didn't. These people posted on their guild forums to say when it was killed, and let others in their guild know when it was out, so that they could have a chance to jump in and kill it. MVPs are supposed to be one of the pinnacles of this game, taking in your hours of grinding to power your character up so you can take on one of the toughest monsters in the game. And when you kill an MVP and outdid a bunch of other people for it, it's called basking in the fruits of your labor.

Now all these flat out NOOBS who don't want to put in the effort for some of the BEST stuff in the game want the easy way out. They don't want to work hard and keep track of spawn times like all of us did pre-kafra shop. They just want to pop a mirror and run directly to an MVP, while others who teleport around, who scour the map for the boss, who want to EARN the glory of defeating that boss get screwed out of it. I'm sorry, but people who use those mirrors don't deserve any reward that comes from it. They don't deserve to get those super MVP cards like GTB, White Lady, Maya, Dark Lord, Valk, etc. They don't deserve to have gear empowered with super abilities because they just paid for the easy way while the rest of us who spent countless hours, weeks, or months trying to get the same thing. I bet these people that want Mirrors have no clue what it's like to watch a clock just to make sure they get on their character in Culverts 4 just so they could be the first to try and take down GTB against someone. They have no clue what it's like to give up prime leveling with their guildmates, so that all of them can take off to Odin's and take on Valk Randgris for the Valk set. Honestly, if they want easy mode, they can have all the mirrors they want on Valk Server where it's been that way.

While they do that, the rest of us can enjoy our MVP wars, and take pride in the fruits of our labor.

#78 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

I still say get right of the Rentals

#79 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

I gave up wasting KP on buying Convexes after using them for a while, after realizing that you have to be the fastest as well as the biggest DPS dealer to MVP's in order to use the Convexes effectively. Even if you get there first after using a Convex, you're not going to be able to kill an MVP when there's competition from someone else with a Convex as well. RK vs Sura in terms of MVPing? Sura wins. If you're not a Genetic or a Sura using Convexes, then gtfo. That's how the system with Convexes work atm.

So tldr, I don't want them at all. Even though I'm on Valk, I don't want to see this kind of demoralizing thing in the gameplay to happen on Ymir.

I'd guess the best compromise would be: Make it so the Convexes only display the spawn timer(Whether the MVP is out yet or how long it'll be until the MVP spawns), but don't include the MVP locator. Now that I would be satisfied with.

Edited by GuardianTK, 08 April 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#80 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Convex Mirrors shouldn't even see the light of day on Ymir. Ymir is full of old school players who WORKED to battle MVPs, even if they had jobs or didn't. These people posted on their guild forums to say when it was killed, and let others in their guild know when it was out, so that they could have a chance to jump in and kill it. MVPs are supposed to be one of the pinnacles of this game, taking in your hours of grinding to power your character up so you can take on one of the toughest monsters in the game. And when you kill an MVP and outdid a bunch of other people for it, it's called basking in the fruits of your labor.

Now all these flat out NOOBS who don't want to put in the effort for some of the BEST stuff in the game want the easy way out. They don't want to work hard and keep track of spawn times like all of us did pre-kafra shop. They just want to pop a mirror and run directly to an MVP, while others who teleport around, who scour the map for the boss, who want to EARN the glory of defeating that boss get screwed out of it. I'm sorry, but people who use those mirrors don't deserve any reward that comes from it. They don't deserve to get those super MVP cards like GTB, White Lady, Maya, Dark Lord, Valk, etc. They don't deserve to have gear empowered with super abilities because they just paid for the easy way while the rest of us who spent countless hours, weeks, or months trying to get the same thing. I bet these people that want Mirrors have no clue what it's like to watch a clock just to make sure they get on their character in Culverts 4 just so they could be the first to try and take down GTB against someone. They have no clue what it's like to give up prime leveling with their guildmates, so that all of them can take off to Odin's and take on Valk Randgris for the Valk set. Honestly, if they want easy mode, they can have all the mirrors they want on Valk Server where it's been that way.

While they do that, the rest of us can enjoy our MVP wars, and take pride in the fruits of our labor.

so while i'm teleing around looking for an mvp, and you're there and are teleing around looking for the mvp and you find it first and kill it. meanwhile i'm still tele'ing around. are you proud of yourself for finding it first? what competition did you have? none. 'bask in your fruits of labour' you beat me because you got a lucky tele.

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Serious question Ryukke, been on a losing spree lately?

With all the gear your guild has access to, I don't think you should be having a problem with mvps, even without convexs.

#82 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

so while i'm teleing around looking for an mvp, and you're there and are teleing around looking for the mvp and you find it first and kill it. meanwhile i'm still tele'ing around. are you proud of yourself for finding it first? what competition did you have? none. 'bask in your fruits of labour' you beat me because you got a lucky tele.

Stop being lazy and acutal find it,like what people did before there was even such an item.

#83 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

no xellie i havent been on a losing spree =( just in this thread xD

#84 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Stop being lazy and acutal find it,like what people did before there was even such an item.

EXACTLY!!! When we did it before, there was also the Luck factor. Yeah if I'm teleporting and you're teleporting around, and I find it first, then yeah I'll be happy because I beat you!, But the same is the other way around. If you get to the MVP first before I do and you kill it when I finally show up, kudos to you. This is what we did before Convex Mirrors were even conceived, and guess what, we did it for a good 6, 7, 8 years and still kept going. it was a battle to be the fastest one to get to the MVP, to hope any competition didnt' know when the spawn was, and to hope you could kill it before anyone else knew. All because you took those steps to go out and search for the MVP, to log what time it was killed, to KNOW when the spawn times were, and to make sure you had people ready to go in order to kill it. That's how people got GTB cards because they kept an eye on the moment GTB died and stayed on that time religiously. The moment spawn came up, they were down there hunting that bug and would do anything to get it first. That's how people got to monopolize Valk Gear. They kept up with Valk's spawn time, they had their people ready to go at her spawn, and when they killed her they cashed in on the drops.

All in all dude...THEY WORKED FOR IT AND EARNED THEIR SPOILS! They didn't take some easy pansy way of popping a mirror and saying "oh there it is. I'll just go kill it and it'll tell me everything I need to know."

Like I said, Ymir is full of EXPERIENCED Chaos, Loki, Iris players from the Old School who know what they're doing, who know how things work, and who know what it was like to grind it out so they could be the best, and we'd like to keep things that way, thank you. So like Puppet said, quit being lazy and work for your MVP wins. Everyone else on Ymir did and we had no problems doing it again if it came down to it.

#85 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

In Ymir most people who hunt them dont care much about MVP's Loots .They just want to have fun and enjoy the excitement of hunting MVP it bring out a lot of satisfaction.

Here in Valkyrie, people use Convex so they can kill it for lots loots only. There really no such thing as excitement of hunting an MVP. What we have here is only a race against who among the convex user that reach it first or deal the most damage..

Convex mirror ~_~

Edited by Dukeares, 08 April 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#86 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

no xellie i havent been on a losing spree =( just in this thread xD

I think you're fine without them! I'm sure Majeh has a stash anyway - but go dominate a real mvp, you shouldn't be bothered about anything that will die in one shot. Mirrors are only marginally helpful at best on those.

#87 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

It seems most people have a problem with being able to see where the Mvp is. A fair compromise would be to change mirrors to only show the time which is essentially what the gravestone update -_- is about. I don't see how mirrors are game breaking. Yea people who worked hard for their B) but whats the point in having them at all then?

The point is: to make money. Gravity is a business and they are trying to make money and putting convex mirrors will generate revenue.
It would cost them what?
10 dollars for the 30 minutes of labor to put it in the store and people would buy them for
1 dollar for 10 mirrors and
say they want to use them every 2 hours (10 mirrors a day).
a 10 dollar investment for 1 dollar a day.
just from ONE person they will get their return on investment in just 10 days.

#88 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

u make a fair point neo. and a fair compromise would be to take out where the mvp spawns and just give the times. any idiot and keep track of the times if they wanted to.

#89 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Would you be proud of yourself killing an MVP in one or two hits with gods items, while knowing where it is immediately? Your own words "what competition did you have? none."
That's not any kind of labor either. Your points seem really invalid and you want the mirrors for selfish reasons.

Edited by Myzery, 08 April 2011 - 12:19 PM.

#90 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

um if mirrors go in the kafra shop, everyone will have access to them. other people with god items will come comp. its not like i'm saying ' o hi gm put 30k mirrors on my account kthx. ' THAT would be selfish.

Edited by Ryukke, 08 April 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#91 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

um if mirrors go in the kafra shop, everyone will have access to them. other people with god items will come comp.

You assume that everyone has god items. Ymir is saturated with so many god items, no one else could compete.
In my experience, people with god items and really good gear usually get lazy and tend to want things like this to help crutch their laziness.
I think it's fine the way it is.

#92 idreami

idreami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAround West Prontera Kafra
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

play in valk server and know how much mirrors sux.. it should be out of the kafra shops.. at 1st i used them coz i just want to mvp for fun.. but the fun from it really sux..

its like "enter map - use mirror - found mvp - dead ( coz someone is there with mirror ) <-- its not about who get it 1st.. its like actually ur paying just to spend the mirrors with nothing.. i spend like 5 to 6 mirrors w/o mvping.. just seeing them dead already.. or even when i w8 for the mins remaining just 1 wing from your competitor and he can kill it fast..

and its just being lazy.. but if they implement the mvp time of death it would be nice.. and more people will mvp with parties.. most in valk just solo mvps.. they dont party with it anymore.. no fun at all

#93 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Pretty sure Heim mentioned that we were getting the tombstone that other servers have which records the mvp death time.

Edited by Myzery, 08 April 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#94 Rune1

Rune1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

remove them from valk ..... no way u can win VS the same sura camping all the mvp 24/7 ....i gift from valk to ymir -_-

#95 ash03

ash03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

So question, does anyone here upgrade WITHOUT Enriched? Does anyone here play without Life Pots, or Def/M. Def Pots? Or never used +10 stat foods pre-renewal? ...Or take out those HD Ores, 'cuz if nothing else those items are somewhat going to break the game. I've been around long enough that I can recall hunting for enough roughs (Elu/Orid) just to make a pure so I can upgrade my crap to SAFETY. Now no one worries on overupgrading 'cuz of Enriched. Since we want to keep it the "old way" of hunting. Mirrors won't break the game 'cuz no matter what, someone is going to use the damned thing combined with their knowledge and character camping to get to that bloody monster first.

Gravity should make this a vote for all servers. Not just single out one, since some people are coming from other servers and saying they don't want them.

Honestly, I want more lottery chances or just some easier way of getting Battleground badges since trying to organize THAT is difficult. NOT KvM, Tierra and Flav. I would love for something to be done with Kafra Shop for this, lottery chances are few an' far between, and earning badges is really a pain.

Edited by ash03, 08 April 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#96 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, how about all the cards flooding the server from the "noobs" bloody branching huh? Like that was never "un-balanced", killing 30-40 MVPs in less than an hour.

In other words, get over yourself. You are just shaking in your pants because you might get competition that can out MVP you.

#97 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, how about all the cards flooding the server from the "noobs" bloody branching huh? Like that was never "un-balanced", killing 30-40 MVPs in less than an hour.

In other words, get over yourself. You are just shaking in your pants because you might get competition that can out MVP you.

The whole game is full of unbalances already no need to add to the unbalanced mess.

#98 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

well looks like 80-99% of the population think convex mirrors are a bad idea according to the poll.

#99 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

OK Im sick of the damn Arguments form both side lets agree to Disagree and let the Gms Make the Decision if we will get the Mirrors or that they will stay out of Ymir but I still would like to see the Rental items to leave the Kafra shop

#100 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

I'm enjoying it. idk what you're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users