Information for Returning Players - Page 3 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Information for Returning Players

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Leafguardian

Leafguardian

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hello Leafguardian,

did you install it into the pre-destinied folder or somewhere else (for example, not on your system harddrive (usually C:\)?

Which .exe do you use to try and connect to chaos? ragnarok.exe or classicRO.exe?

Are both running as Administrator? Are both running as administrator on user level or global level?

Greetings
Ascend

i always saves my data in D:/)

i use ragnarok.exe

i have run it as administrator. my problem is invisible character. maybe, because i have delete all of my past ragnarok file. so, my last "patch.inf" is lost. the page that you mention to me says " Open that file, it will contain "patch.inf". Copy this to your RO folder, replacing the existing patch.inf." but, when i copy it, the computer just warn me "are you sure to put this file into this folder" kinda like that, im just not sure what computer tell to me

#52 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

i use ragnarok.exe

i have run it as administrator. my problem is invisible character. maybe, because i have delete all of my past ragnarok file. so, my last "patch.inf" is lost. the page that you mention to me says " Open that file, it will contain "patch.inf". Copy this to your RO folder, replacing the existing patch.inf." but, when i copy it, the computer just warn me "are you sure to put this file into this folder" kinda like that, im just not sure what computer tell to me

Hello Leafguardian,

okay, then this can't be part of the problem.

That is the correct exe, so that's isn't part of the problem either.

Character data is saved on the server side, so even if you completely uninstall Ragnarok Online on your local machine, it won't affect your characters.

I had the same problem and applied DrAzzy's fix to it, but I never got this kind of message.... strange

I'll try to make DrAzzy aware of your problem, I would imagine that he can help you more than me with this.

Greetings
Ascend

#53 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I wish this guide exist when I started playing RO.

Edited by ilovemilk, 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#54 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

i use ragnarok.exe

Yes, when the computer asks if you want to replace the existing file, you should say yes.
That's what is meant when i say to replace the existing file - windows always warns you when you're about to replace a file by copying one that has the same name into the same location.

#55 Leafguardian

Leafguardian

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hello Leafguardian,

okay, then this can't be part of the problem.

That is the correct exe, so that's isn't part of the problem either.

Character data is saved on the server side, so even if you completely uninstall Ragnarok Online on your local machine, it won't affect your characters.

I had the same problem and applied DrAzzy's fix to it, but I never got this kind of message.... strange

I'll try to make DrAzzy aware of your problem, I would imagine that he can help you more than me with this.

Greetings
Ascend

Thanksssssssssssss acsend, i was just reinstall it completely, copy "patch.inf" again and it works. Forgive me, because i have intruding your time. i'm so easy to give up. thanks for your advice

Sincerly
Leafguardian

#56 Milingoz

Milingoz

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Hello Guys, anyone know if i can resume my old euRO account? or this is just for US ones?
i sadly stopped playing when Euro ro got shutted down :((

#57 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hello Guys, anyone know if i can resume my old euRO account? or this is just for US ones?
i sadly stopped playing when Euro ro got shutted down :((

Unless your account was transferred to iRO somehow before euRO went offline, there's probably no way to recover it. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users