HE manuals stack additively with VIP bonus - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

HE manuals stack additively with VIP bonus

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

A few friends and I sacrificed some HE manuals (for science!) and found that they stack additively with the VIP bonus. They increased exp by only 67%, rather than the expected 100%.

Before F2P, a premium player received 1.5*2 = 3x exp from monsters while using a HE manual.
Now, a VIP player receives 1+.5+1 = 2.5x exp from monsters while using a HE manual.

Bottom line: After F2P, subscribers using HE manuals are getting 17% less exp.
We didn't test the other manuals, but if they work the same way, then subscribers using regular/EE manuals are getting 11%/22% less exp, respectively.

This feels like a nerf.

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

What do you expect from the iRO GMs? It honestly feels like none of them even went to school.

#3 r0n1n

r0n1n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

So looks like this will effect the exp gained from exp events as well?

#4 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Exp event works as expected.
So basically, with HE manuals, premium last week=6x; premium this week=5x.

#5 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

renou theres a reason i grinded to 150 last week ;smug;

#6 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:37 AM

And I thought it was the event not being implemented. Well this is much worse, I bet HE Gum working the same way too....the hell :(

#7 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, it's just stupid. They should fix it today, but if not, I'm sure you'll get a generic response.

#8 Chronopath

Chronopath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

Thanks Ren for verifying this. I was wondering how come I get less XP after VIP was implemented last night.

GM's should compensate everyone who has been using BM's,BG's,HE BM, BMx3.

This better be fixed during today's maintenance.

#9 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Unfortunately it seems they've made it so that VIP is like using a battlemanual constantly rather than having a changed base server rate. That's what happens when you take the short cut rather than actually implementing varying server rates for people.

#10 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

Expected this, since battle manual and gum are based off server rate. The VIP system is a portal/flag that runs like a battle manual and gum so this what happens. Also event is hard coded into the server which does not have this problem.

#11 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Thanks Ren for verifying this. I was wondering how come I get less XP after VIP was implemented last night.

GM's should compensate everyone who has been using BM's,BG's,HE BM, BMx3.

This better be fixed during today's maintenance.

I think they can re-code the bm to sum up everything first and then multi it by the bm. Gum might be trickier with the drop pen.

#12 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

It seems like this is intended, but am not liking it. Better exp/drop with boosting items prior f2p now its LESS with the VIP status and with the same items. Doesn't make sense to me.

#13 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

Base + basex1.5 (BM) + basex1.5 (VIP)

Exp events and the old Premium physically changed the amount of EXP that is written in the DB for what that monster will give.

Now all monsters are 100% (well 200% due to this weeks event)

The modifiers like Battle Manual and VIP just do their multiplier off of the base but can't see the exp that the other part gives and of course doesn't multiply by it.

We will discuss this with Development, but this is the way it is supposed to work.

#14 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

Exp events and the old Premium physically changed the amount of EXP that is written in the DB for what that monster will give.

The modifiers like Battle Manual and VIP just do their multiplier off of the base but can't see the exp that the other part gives and of course doesn't multiply by it.

We will discuss this with Development, but this is the way it is supposed to work.

Can i get my money back then?
I did not pay for that nerf.

#15 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

Nice way to lose $$$ So you're saying it was bugged before? Sounds like you're pulling stuff out of your ass to me.
I like to get what I pay for and this isn't it. Some people might be ok with getting gimped, but I'm not.

Edited by Myzery, 07 April 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#16 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

submitted a ticket cause renollie is right. if this is how it will "really work now" for NO :( REASON then im done, your company is rediculous. how the hell can you change game mechanics on a server weve paid money for for years. this is bull-_-.

#17 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Can i get my money back then?
I did not pay for that nerf.

actually, id like to be reimbursed for the box money, and subscription payments over the last six years since they just lost customers. ftp is the death of iro now awesome!

#18 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

Funny whenever something changed and they always claim that this is the way it suppose to work. This kinda remind me of Steve from Apple say there nothing wrong with the iPhone 4, it just the way the you hold the phone is wrong.

#19 Xhanoth

Xhanoth

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

Bubble gum shouldn't be affected since gum doesn't change the % chance that items drop but tests multiple times to see if you get the item.

Concerning the xp, it was overpowered multiplying before. The community would have been stronger if they never multiplied, that way people wouldn't have only leveled during xp events. People will continue to qq, trying to get the most out of their money. Gravity's management has made many large changes, with out warning, that affect many people negatively in the past, there's no reason to think it will not happen again.

RO is so odd as an investment of time. It seems many people do not enjoy leveling unless it feels ludicrously fast.

#20 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Bubble gum shouldn't be affected since gum doesn't change the % chance that items drop but tests multiple times to see if you get the item.

Concerning the xp, it was overpowered multiplying before. The community would have been stronger if they never multiplied, that way people wouldn't have only leveled during xp events. People will continue to qq, trying to get the most out of their money. Gravity's management has made many large changes, with out warning, that affect many people negatively in the past, there's no reason to think it will not happen again.

RO is so odd as an investment of time. It seems many people do not enjoy leveling unless it feels ludicrously fast.

this is why we quit.

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

If you pay the money, you should get what you pay for. The GMs out in 3x battle manuals with the last box. It's like they knew this was coming and wanted to try and squeeze more money out of people.

I seriously call bull-_- here, Heim.

For everyone else, speak out and don't let Gravity steal from you. It's the principal of the matter, no matter how small.

#22 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Wait, if VIP bonus works like manual, that means it increases quests exp right? cool!

#23 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Wait, if VIP bonus works like manual, that means it increases quests exp right? cool!

I wouldn't bet on it.

#24 Kinnay

Kinnay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Figures, I have one level left... And this happens.

Hopefully it gets fixed - not one of those infamous "working as intended" problems.

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

Figures, I have one level left... And this happens.

Hopefully it gets fixed - not one of those infamous "working as intended" problems.

Heim already tried to say that. You're an obb thief btw :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users