HE manuals stack additively with VIP bonus - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

HE manuals stack additively with VIP bonus

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

So, i've bene using HE:BM's this whole time... if this is true I wat them refunded. and a fix implemented. :(

Edited by Shanden, 07 April 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#27 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

well this is just great. bought me some HEBMs and VIP last night with the intention (havent had a chance to actually play since maint yet) of getting 6x exp durring this event, and it's what now? only 4.5x? this needs to be fixed ASAP. THIS IS BAIT AND SWITCH. this is definately not working as intended. please rescript the battle manual items to check for VIP and adjust the bonus accordingly. you have negligently misrepresented the VIP system as being just like a PREMIUM account. had you made it known ahead of time that this was not the case, i would not have purchased VIP nor the HEBM boxes i bought. you need to make good on what you said VIP would be.

Adding VIP Package!

Purchased from the WarpPortal to empower an account.
Its bonuses apply on all servers.
Any remaining subscription time will convert into VIP at a rate of 1 day -> 1 Day VIP
Hourly will also convert: 1 hour of hourly -> 1 Day of VIP
For 1 Month of VIP it will be 700 WPE (same cost as current subscription)
Vip Package gives you 150% Drops, EXP, 1% death penalty and 600 storage.
Creating more than the server default character limit is possible with VIP active.
YMIR default is 0 characters
Valkyrie/Yggdrasil is 3 characters.
YMIR is our "VIP" server
Yggdrasil and Valkyrie are "Open" servers.

you present it as 150% exp, not a 50% bonus, leaving us all feeling as though we've been cheated. 1.5*2*2=6, not 4.5, and i paid for a hell of a lot more than 4.5.

Edited by Hacks, 07 April 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#28 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

also from Heim"doller"

From the next move perspective we are:
Looking at a test of VIP map system, hopefully soon in April
Party system revamp to make it more feasible to party
Seal quest and treasure drop system re-imagining.
EXP gain rate review, to try and smooth the progression through the game to remove the brick wall effect at ~ 110-120.Cast time review between all 3rd classes

so... this unintended change going from 6x with bm to 4.5% is going to help out the grindfest that comes at that time right? or the ammount of exp we need to get to 150 off high end monsters with little to no exp gain per kill? and makes it lower now? wtf im so sick of this crap. this needs to be the primary test for maint today, im not even kidding.

Edited by BlackPotato, 07 April 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#29 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

#Gravity

Edited by Tigra, 07 April 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#30 Chronopath

Chronopath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

I guess Gravity doesn't want to get more money from us.

Not sure about the rest of the community, but I definitely won't be buying any more BM's because its not worth the money. Ironic before the VIP implementation, I was thinking about buying another huge batch of HE BM boxes because they were sure worth it with the 2X XP event.

If they want to make more money, they should change it back previously before VIP was implemented.

#31 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

It's ok, they will remedy it by selling 3x battle manuals.
I used over a box of HE manuals this morning. I don't care that much as long as they change the rates back.

#32 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

I noticed my runs in anolians were netting me significantly less oridecon per gum. Normally I got between 13 and 17 oridecons each gum, but last night I would get less than 10 each time, 5 gums in a row. Seems more akin to 350% than 450% drops to me.

Woops my math was off. Just woke up.

Edited by Shane, 07 April 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#33 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

Funny whenever something changed and they always claim that this is the way it suppose to work. This kinda remind me of Steve from Apple say there nothing wrong with the iPhone 4, it just the way the you hold the phone is wrong.

This stood out to me as well. And it is very typical of Gravity.

Instead of admitting something isn't working as it should, they just dodge the blame and say it was intended and that it was broken in the past and the nerf "fixed" it. It's a lot like that fiascial when they took out the bulk rates for purchasing Kafra Points, trying to cite that it was an old event and the rates were not intended to ever be what they were... Even though said "event" had lasted years and when I sent in an email requesting documentation of the "event" they told me they didn't have any. And yes, I still have those communications.

They think these adjustments will force us to spend more. In reality, it just makes us lose faith in the company and results in us being less willing to spend.

#34 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

This stood out to me as well. And it is very typical of Gravity.

Instead of admitting something isn't working as it should, they just dodge the blame and say it was intended and that it was broken in the past and the nerf "fixed" it. It's a lot like that fiascial when they took out the bulk rates for purchasing Kafra Points, trying to cite that it was an old event and the rates were not intended to ever be what they were... Even though said "event" had lasted years and when I sent in an email requesting documentation of the "event" they told me they didn't have any. And yes, I still have those communications.

They think these adjustments will force us to spend more. In reality, it just makes us lose faith in the company and results in us being less willing to spend.

well at least ive got a 150 for woe, cause they wont get another red cent out of me unless its fixed. its kind of sad in a way. i wonder how WoW is? maybe theyre a little better to the community than Gravity is...

#35 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Unfortunately I feel that I must agree. I was under the impression that paying now would be exactly the same as Ymir was before. I'm not looking forward to paying cash money and still getting rewarded with slower exp and lower drops. If this is working as intended, please change your intentions GMs.

#36 Dioznitsio

Dioznitsio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, Mexico
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

i was thinking on making my account VIP today but if this is bugged then i guess not, fix it plz

#37 Kinnay

Kinnay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

Why is this how it always goes down? Zero warning nerf, working as "intended".

Guess what? I'm not buying a subscription or KP until this is fixed!

#38 Snowfox

Snowfox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Well that sucks. I've a few HE BM's left and had the intention of buying more. Forget that!

#39 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

other people will still buy vip access and spend a bunch of money on ro, regardless of the minority of people that voice their opinion on this forum

Edited by Andini, 07 April 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#40 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

Why are u guys complainting? Heim was right. It is working as it "INTENDED" like always. Which is trying to screw the player.

There nothing wrong with the exp formula, it just u guys need to use the phone right, i mean use the right BM like buying more 3x HEBM

#41 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

Why am i not surprised, i was going to buy more as well, forget it now.
Why are we paying for nerfs? especially the people on ygg.

Whats the point of F2P, when you get new people and lose your old players because of nerfing stuff.

Seriously, fix it.

Edited by Kirameki, 07 April 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#42 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

So I have to ask, what about HE Gums?

#43 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

So I have to ask, what about HE Gums?

From my limited anecdotal evidence, it seems to be the same as EXP right now. Given Heim's explanation, I think it's reasonable to assume that they did the same thing for drops as they did for EXP.

#44 Lancer

Lancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

I was leveling last nite and noticed i was getting less exp, then i thought maybe it was because i gained a lvl. But damn now that i read this, i shoulda check the math before i burned a few HE BMs. I tell you what, you don't have to reimburse me for what i used, but you sure as hell better fix this during maintenance.

#45 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

According to the code and such... I believe that this is how the gum works.

Normal: drop rate of 10% let say this is base.
VIP = Base * VIP = 15%
Gum = Base * VIP + (another roll) Base = first roll will be 15% success and second roll is 10% success
HE gum = Base * VIP + (Base + Base) another two rolls on base. = 15% + 10% + 10% .. if success on any of the roll then success if not then fail.

Old:

Ymir/Ygg
Normal: 1.5x rate for drop = 15%
Gum = 15% + 15%(second roll) = like top pick whichever success
HE GUM = 15% + (15% + 15%) Two more rolls = like top pick whichever success.

Edited by brokenguy, 07 April 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#46 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

I don't feel like a VIP.

#47 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

I don't feel like a VIP.

me either

#48 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

I was also under the impression that the BMs would stack with the 3x exp for VIP players. I mean, that's how they used to work on Ymir, right? And we were told basically that VIP is supposed to be exactly the same as Ymir used to be -GTB card. I'm not very happy at all. I went to niff last night to hunt Expecting to get around 15-16k exp per kill with HE BMs, instead I'm getting 13k. Per monster, that's not that big, but I'm an ME AB. I kill MOBS. So that's like, 15-20k exp I'm not getting per mob. Super lame!

#49 Ignapp

Ignapp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Why am i not surprised, i was going to buy more as well, forget it now.
Why are we paying for nerfs? especially the people on ygg.

Whats the point of F2P, when you get new people and lose your old players because of nerfing stuff.

Seriously, fix it.

Yeah, seriously, im really pissed, VIP system is just retarded, even if we pay for a "VIP" account we get less exp, no gtb card, convex mirrors, more BOTS, cant get gr and deviling from OCAs, items sold to NPC are 75% normal value... oh god, whats coming next??

#50 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, seriously, im really pissed, VIP system is just retarded, even if we pay for a "VIP" account we get less exp, no gtb card, convex mirrors, more BOTS, cant get gr and deviling from OCAs, items sold to NPC are 75% normal value... oh god, whats coming next??

GTB was the thing I hated most back when I played premium, but I agree wholeheartedly with the rest. Why do VIPs on valk not get 100% sell value to NPC? Why can't we get GR and deviling from the albums now? And the BM exp? yeah...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users