Offensive display name - Page 2 - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Offensive display name

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kings_of_Babylon

Looks like a lot of people enjoyed ruling Babylon. I personally do not see it as offensive, especially since it is a title, as opposed to a proper name. However, if you have submitted your ticket, I will see what I can do.

lol. The very tenuous concept is this. In Isaiah 14:12-17 (Old Testament), the passage makes reference to the King of Babylon Helal, son of Shahar (who was reportedly a bit of a bastardo and not particularly liked much by the Jews) as 'shining like the morning star' (day star, son of dawn).

In the 4th Century, this gets translated into Latin by Saint Jerome, who does it bit of a hatchet job in places when translating from the original Hebrew and later Greek version. In fourth century Latin the common used name for Venus, (the morning star) was Lucifer. lux/lucis = light, ferre = to bring.

This is where it sort of gets silly.

Fast forward to the New Testament to 2 Corinthians 11:14, where Paul writes that 'Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.' and where Luke 10:18-19 says 'Satan fell like light/lightning from heaven'

Thus when you play the Biblical version of the 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon'

If King Helal of Babylon shined like the morning star and Satan is an angel of light and fell from the sky, then the King of Babylon WAS Satan! OMG!

Very similar logic to...

"If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
And therefore?...
A witch!"

Posted Image

Edited by lainee, 07 April 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#27 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

Google names of satan. The correct thing to do is freak out. I'm not really offended by people who would name themselves after. And I may not be big on religion. But I'm certainly not into promoting the devil. o_o

are you a jehova witness?

#28 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:20 AM

King of Babylon is a name for satan. babylon was known for their pagan worship, sacrafices, eyc. Babylon is a nickname for an unholy and Godless city or place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users