Character creation restriction still NOT working. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Character creation restriction still NOT working.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Just a tip dear GM team: you didnt fix the server chara creation restriction. You might want to fix it sometime.

In simple words, this means ymir is as protected from bots as a paperhouse with steel door. Obviously bots won't be able to enter the door, but they will enter. It woud be sad that the restriction paywall only works to stop legitimate players from joining ymir, and nothing more.

Hopefully you consider this important enough.

#2 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

If it doesn't work and they can't perfect it, they might as well take it out..Especially on valk/ygg (like a few less slots is really gonna hinder bots anyway).

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Displaying how to PERFORM exploits is probably the 2nd fastest way of being removed from the game. Just a tip for you Kad.

Yes I saw the report and it is being handled with the appropriate response. In the mean time we are looking at all characters created in invalid slots and banning the accounts.

I expect thanks to the post that was too informative for general consumption that list will likely be very much larger tomorrow morning.

#4 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Displaying how to PERFORM exploits is probably the 2nd fastest way of being removed from the game. Just a tip for you Kad.

Yes I saw the report and it is being handled with the appropriate response. In the mean time we are looking at all characters created in invalid slots and banning the accounts.

I expect thanks to the post that was too informative for general consumption that list will likely be very much larger tomorrow morning.

Just curious. What is the fastest way to get removed?

#5 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

well, i guess the pay wall in Ymir will work.

1. It takes an army to farm lots of zeny/items fast.
Lets say: 30 bots x $7 = $210

2. There is uncertainty of ROI due to the fact of the risk of getting banned.
do you think they will continue to do this if they pay $210 today and get banned tomorrow?

well thats how i would understand it on why it will work...

#6 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

we can not let people like kad run free after his unspeakable act

Edited by Andini, 07 April 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#7 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

Just curious. What is the fastest way to get removed?

The first one is walking nude around Prontera. That's why everybody start the game with a cotton shirt. -_-

#8 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

well thats how i would understand it on why it will work...

Money is one. But some bot farms may make enough profit. I think the payment authorisation is the main thing to keep things down. As generally they won't want to use real ID and fake ID should be able to be blocked with decent payment software. Also if they use a legit ID and card once that is blocked they shouldn't be able to use it again. For stolen payment info, Gravity had a problem with stolen credit cards etc. some time back but I think they had resolved that (hopefully). In either case the payment would be blocked and the legit user would have to appeal I guess to get it unblocked.
Also sadly the free servers also keep some bots off the Premium servers as if there is an easy route without having to get around ID checks etc. they will beeline for that.

lol@Fibrizzo.

Edited by soudou, 08 April 2011 - 02:07 AM.

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:35 AM

I don't know what to say, and you probably will ban me for telling this but XD

No offense, but if you think there might be more issues for you thanks to me trying to call attention on the problem, you might as well wonder that there would be absolutely none issues if you did things right since the beggining. And without haven't noticing, you might not have to delete just one or two days of illegal characters, but weeks and weeks of illegal characters, whatever it took you to find the bug. Or did you already knew about this problem during your internal testing and still decided to bring it to live servers?

I did try to send a ticket. Several times, but your ticket system was giving me weird errors... so I thought "ok, can't report through ticket". I have never bothered to get your msn, so msn is not an option neither. I'll just post a proof of that making a VIP chara on a non VIP account is possible. Obviously, hiding the part of how to create the chara/why did it worked in a pm to mr Oda, and instead placing "and then a miracle happens" in the post. Was that too informative? Posting no information different to what anyone sees at the moment of registering ^^;?

I guess lesson learned, your programmers are perfect, not trying to point hugenormus obvious mistakes again.
If you want to ban me for this, I have nothing to say, it's your game, and you decide who do you ban or not -_-

Edited by Kadnya, 08 April 2011 - 05:00 AM.

#10 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:55 AM

Heim's msn is accessible for everybody ò.O?

Kad: you are guilty until proven innocent.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 08 April 2011 - 03:55 AM.

#11 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Would using a CAPTCHA at the login screen work?

It wouldn't affect players that much, they can take the extra second to fill it in when they log on. And I don't think a bot could sign itself in, at least not the basic botting methods that most people use.

What do you think GMs? I got this idea from an image i ran into, not sure if Korean Ragnarok is using this.

#12 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:35 AM

Relax and just report bots you do see until it's fixed. I've not seen any zeny farmers yet myself, though

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 08 April 2011 - 05:40 AM.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

Would using a CAPTCHA at the login screen work?

It wouldn't affect players that much, they can take the extra second to fill it in when they log on. And I don't think a bot could sign itself in, at least not the basic botting methods that most people use.

What do you think GMs? I got this idea from an image i ran into, not sure if Korean Ragnarok is using this.

I can attest that CAPTCHA's do not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users