can someone please explain to me why people think suras are op? - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

can someone please explain to me why people think suras are op?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#26 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Their HP pool is still better than bishops or warlocks. Do you fear more a warlock or a bishop?

Also, white impri is status recovery-able, so the only time you will see a warlock killing with gravitation field is on lonely targets... with chances to fail in imprision... also, you can summon mercs during imprision to break the warlock casting or maybe even free from imprision. None of this happens with CC. You just... stay there.

Also, coming from aco class, suras have pneuma too, simple, but one of the strongest deffensive skills in renewal. What are suras missing? Like, what could you possibly addd to make them a stronger class? A strong AoE attack which is nice in woe too because the one they have only works for leveling?

#27 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

I think disable pneuma and and limiting snap should solve this.

#28 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Seems there's a bad case of SOPDD
(Sura Over Powerdness Denial Disorder)

#29 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

i've never had problems with suras before. Idk why people make such a big deal about em -_-

#30 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

i think disable [insert skill] and limiting defending aura should solve this. o wait wrong thread.

#31 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:59 AM

I know you are not being serious, but... do you know what could really fix sura, royal guard, and such?
Balancing the other classes. Bascally, you just have to follow the general idea of games:

Is it too strong?
- Add a delay, a long casting time, or a difficult to meet condition (like how guillotine fist was first dessigned with its individually cast 5 spheres one by one, fury, individually cast spheres one by one, medium interruptable cast)

Does it have lots of offense?
-Make it weak on deffense (this is the reason classically magic classes who are massive damage dealers have the weakest deffenses)

Does it have good defense?
Make it have not so good attack

Is it a support character?
Give it low attack and low deffense but moves to counter and defend if used right.

Melee characters have stronger atack and defense than ranged characters, because ranged characters should move and dodge attacks instead.

Anything else, balace with hit points, skill delays, or speed at which characters can respond.

What I see in RO instead:

Does it have long cast times?
-Haha! give them the worst deffense and the lowest HP too, long delays and that will be fun!

Does it have the highest defense?
-Cool, give it massive offense too, deffending moves, fast speed and fire lazers to shoot through their eyes when they are bored

Is it a strong skill?
-Cool, make it instant! I wanna see it!

Oh noes, that windwalking/magnus exorcismus/arrow vulcan skills are too OverPowered.
-I'll add a long fixed cast time

This woething is going too fast. I'll add a ton of irresistable dissables that make you a sitting duck because doing nothing is fun.
- Manhole, white imprision, arrullo, deep sleep lullaby, masquerade ignorance, sienna, etc

Edited by Kadnya, 09 April 2011 - 03:59 AM.

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:05 AM

They can 1 shot a GM.

#33 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:28 AM

WOW kadyna that was pretty funny.

I dont know if the class is OP myself but thats what i have heard. Plus i heard many old sinx have switch over to suras.

#34 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

They can 1 shot a GM.

True...
Posted Image

#35 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

WOW kadyna that was pretty funny.

I dont know if the class is OP myself but thats what i have heard. Plus i heard many old sinx have switch over to suras.

Prob cause all the old sinx like on shotting/taking down mobs with 3 buttons. Sura is the new overgeared Sinx for woe.

#36 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Sura is an OP class cause of the skills it has, before they only had only one "1hit KO" skill (Guillotine Fist) and it was close ranged, and it took a little longer to re-buff yourself to cast many skills. Now they have GoH which is barely casted instantly. And not only that, it is also ranged.
If the Sura is having trouble he can always curse circle the gang that is attacking him/her and then Gfist or GoH them one by one...

Now... I know this job is OP, but then again there are ways to counter it... Like any other class.
But I seriously don't see why the OP is crying saying Sura's aren't OP.
This discussion has been brought up countless times.
It's getting old.

#37 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

sura cannot kill a very well geared genetic (tao) w/o +9 kvm fist http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

Edited by Unifan, 09 April 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#38 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Sura isn't really that bad. The kvm fist is what makes people say it's op, because they don't like dying in one hit to something that's almost unavoidable.
The majority of Suras, well people in general, aren't that skilled.

#39 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

The KvM fist only served to make what was already obvious a frying pan to the head. The monk branch was always a jack of all trades, but with renewal its become absurd. What was once limited by stats that decided what their strength was (damage or speed or durability) is now common to all builds.

Edited by Nombus, 09 April 2011 - 10:57 AM.

#40 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Well, if Suras are not OP can someone explain to me any weakness they have in WoE that's actually significant?

Edited by Trixdee, 09 April 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#41 Recette

Recette

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

What I wanna know is if GM's care enough to make a difference instead of posting stupid joke comments.

#42 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Well, if Suras are not OP can someone explain to me any weakness they have in WoE that's actually significant?

They are weak for having "a mediocre HP pool", apparently...

... which doesn't isn't that mediocre when you apply on it a +12% HP then another +15% HP from your own skills.

#43 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Apparently being able to snap away from almost anything that can immobilize them is a weakness too. Posted Image

#44 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

What difference do you expect the GMS to do? They can't make any changes even if they wanted to. Quit crying Q_Q

#45 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Nothing, they're Gravity GMs. But people need to stop denying all the power Suras do have. And their near absence of weakness compared to other classes that have huge glaring weak points such as low HP pool, and/or long cast times/reuse delays, low in hard defense and so on and all those weak points just cover one character.

Edited by Trixdee, 09 April 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#46 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

What difference do you expect the GMS to do? They can't make any changes even if they wanted to. Quit crying Q_Q

You can not do anything either, quit saying quit crying xP
There is a reason I'm playing an fs sura right now. Even my low str fallen empire level 1 does more damage over time than my battle bishop with 190ish aspd ^^;
What skill do suras have that is worthless but they must lean, like expiatio, or dupple light for FS bishops, or ancilla or such...?

Edited by Kadnya, 09 April 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#47 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

Everyclass has its wekaness and strenghts, and yes some more then others. First it was biochems pre renewal and now its Tao RK's and Suras. It's nothing new...its RO.

And kad now that were agree that nothing can be done, what's left to do -_-?

Edited by Braska, 09 April 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#48 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

And kad now that were agree that nothing can be done, what's left to do -_-?

Step 1: switch to playing a sura... I'm on it XD
Step 2: get a +9 kvm fist... done
Step 3: complain until bishops are the strong class/gg

#49 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

Braska, please tell me then..ONE weakness a Sura has. Just ONE that's of ANY significance. Compared to another classes weak points. I am not just trying to argue or be confrontational it's an honest question. If you play a Sura try to see the point of view for someone who doesn't really know much about them other than how more fast and powerful they seem compared with some others. I have asked people a few times about what weaknesses Suras have. I get the same answer every time and you can guess what answer I was getting since I know none of their weaknesses for myself, which I would not even be having this discussion, or attempting to.

Edited by Trixdee, 09 April 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#50 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

The weakness they have is the weakness the enemy gives them. Only because you play a top Tier class doesn't guarantee victory. If everyone thought suras were some ultra class everyone would be playing them and woe would be a sura fest, but it's not.

If you're a:
Genetic: Howl
Chaser: Ignorance
Warlock: Imprison
GX: Oblivion Curse

My guess is you're looking for some kind of flaw in the class itself to have an excuse to buff up your own or others. Each class has a different role, so you really shouldn't expect all of them to be the same.

Edited by Braska, 09 April 2011 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users