add another 2 week AL3 turn in - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

add another 2 week AL3 turn in

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 rickyricky

rickyricky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkrye

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

for celebrate VIP system launch put back AL3 turn in event please,so people can enjoy as VIP quest in this game!

#2 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

nah,Will be nice xD

I hope so <3

#3 Falcon616

Falcon616

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Yeah

#4 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:01 AM

rickyricky, how come you're not leveling as an RK on this 2x exp event being a billionaire?

I say no to this Turn in event. That takes no skill and people should learn how to play their class. What GM's needs to do is fix the party system so that support classes can level 2x exp is already epic as it is. (IMO better than dragons turn in event)

#5 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

Yeah dragon event creates too many 150 that doesn't know what they are doing.

#6 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

That quest should be there forever. It's the only less-bored way to leveling (at least partying... cause it's Friday â?«)

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

I do enjoy a good al3 event, but it burns people out when trying to sqeeze in a lot of lvling before the event ends. Only do 1 week at a time then a break for a while. maybe swap from week to week with other events. Like you could do a week of AL3 then a week of ID3 then a week of Sanc. Some where along those lines.

#8 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

I do enjoy a good al3 event, but it burns people out when trying to sqeeze in a lot of lvling before the event ends. Only do 1 week at a time then a break for a while. maybe swap from week to week with other events. Like you could do a week of AL3 then a week of ID3 then a week of Sanc. Some where along those lines.

I'd have to agree with this. Constant leveling events burn people out, making it more of a chore than fun.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

Wait a few weeks for all the glitches to get ironed out before asking for a turnin event, imo.

Right now a fair number of players are having patch problems, there are routing problems resulting in unacceptable latency (for reasons unrelated to the VIP update), and there is the client issue with pets causing errors. This is a bad time for a "must participate in" event!

#10 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

I would have to agree with azzy about waiting. I hope they get this sorted out and we can get to do some better stuff.

#11 ZhaoYun

ZhaoYun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

I'd say no.We need to learn how to play our classes,Turn in events doesn't help much there.If anything just extend the exp event as a "celebration of ViP."

#12 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

I say no, DON'T SPOIL SO MCH PPL TO GET 150 IN A WEEK not fair for ppl like us who struggled so hard and thats what make this game rolling, you grind to get yourself PRO way to 150, and EVENT should be OCCASIONAL... We are getting quick levels then what? At the end you are a 150er and you don't know how to utilize your skills coz you've been only sticking a map killing the same monsters, so yea most ppl you see recently are glowing with those fat auras and @ what job? 30ish, 40ish? EXPERIENCE from REAL GRINDING makes us REAL PRO. /no1

#13 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

I say no, DON'T SPOIL SO MCH PPL TO GET 150 IN A WEEK not fair for ppl like us who struggled so hard and thats what make this game rolling, you grind to get yourself PRO way to 150, and EVENT should be OCCASIONAL... We are getting quick levels then what? At the end you are a 150er and you don't know how to utilize your skills coz you've been only sticking a map killing the same monsters, so yea most ppl you see recently are glowing with those fat auras and @ what job? 30ish, 40ish? EXPERIENCE from REAL GRINDING makes us REAL PRO. /no1

+1. Don't be lazy.

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:15 AM

I don't see how staying six or seven times more days in the same map winging-> presing my AoE skill->winging makes me more pro than winging-> using my AoE skill->winging->turn in time.

Like if RO renewal leveling takes skill and makes you pro.

I mean... where are you leveling right now, 'pro leveling people'? Probably in abbys dragons anyways, or in one of the three or so maps with level 130ish monsters leveling 14x+ charas because there aren't better maps anyways.

Sitting there on a royal guard, going back to kaahi and go back sit there watting for the mob to die. That surely takes skill.
Spamming traps with low to no risk of dying because each trap on a mob autoheals you fully.
Using kaahi with several other classes, but generaly just soloing, using your one or two skills needed, or leeching your real chara with a chara who can actually level.

You learn more about playing your chara in an endless tower run or a single woe than in a whole life of grinding, really ^^;.

Anyways, this turn in doesn't have to be dragons. Maybe, we could have the sometimes asked turn in in bio 3, which could be awesome exp and surely would help people learn how to play there charas better than any map they are currently grinding -_-

Edited by Kadnya, 10 April 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#15 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rddDTenovhE&feature=related

I prefer turn in events for everybody instead those jobs that can soloing "easily".

Edited by Fibrizzo, 10 April 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#16 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

I don't see how staying six or seven times more days in the same map winging-> presing my AoE skill->winging makes me more pro than winging-> using my AoE skill->winging->turn in time.

I mean... where are you leveling right now, 'pro leveling people'? Probably in abbys dragons anyways, or in one of the three or so maps with level 130ish monsters leveling 14x+ charas because there aren't better maps anyways.

Sitting there on a royal guard, going back to kaahi and go back sit there watting for the mob to die. That surely takes skill.
Spamming traps with low to no risk of dying because each trap on a mob autoheals you fully.
Using kaahi with several other classes, but generaly just soloing, using your one or two skills needed, or leeching your real chara with a chara who can actually level.

You learn more about playing your chara in an endless tower run or a single woe than in a whole life of grinding, really ^^;.

Anyways, this turn in doesn't have to be dragons. Maybe, we could have the sometimes asked turn in in bio 3, which could be awesome exp and surely would help people learn how to play there charas better than any map they are currently grinding -_-

Err, too bad I can't multi-client with slave linkers or buffers coz I don't have a super PC to handle it, I am RG too with a lame Reflect Damage skill level 3 (took only for Inspiration Pre-Reqs) but until I went my max base/jobs I didn't depend on it (Knowing also that in some ROs they nerf Reflect and prevent it to stack while in Kaahi), Overbrand and Genesis Ray tagged with AB and a Maestro helped me all the way.

Every class has their own ways of leveling and need to interact socially coz thats why its MMO (Meet lots of ppl on your way and make party with em) even from most of what I've heard, usually a GX or another class who thinks itself lame in leveling/grinding... I know lots of ppl of all classes found their way out to 150 not doing dragons and turn-ins...

So here's a quick question and I don't mean to insult/beef with anyone:

How about if GMs would stop making these kind of turn-in events "forever"? You gonna sit and wait all day hoping for it to come back? Sometimes, even in REAL WORLD, you should go out explore other places and learn for yourself how you will pass out such triumphs. CHALLENGE is what makes everything INTERESTING.

#17 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

It's not being lazy - I don't know what it is to grind to 150 purely in one dungeon. Maybe it's dedication, maybe it's insanity. Turn in events are more interesting!

#18 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

How about if GMs would stop making these kind of turn-in events "forever"? You gonna sit and wait all day hoping for it to come back? Sometimes, even in REAL WORLD, you should go out explore other places and learn for yourself how you will pass out such triumphs. CHALLENGE is what makes everything INTERESTING.

The easy answer would be:

If the game turns boring then there are plenty of other gamesthings to do. It's not like we are sitting waitting for the events to come, some of us are playing other games or doing other things in the times RO is only grinding...

Every class has their own ways of leveling and need to interact socially coz thats why its MMO (Meet lots of ppl on your way and make party with em) even from most of what I've heard, usually a GX or another class who thinks itself lame in leveling/grinding... I know lots of ppl of all classes found their way out to 150 not doing dragons and turn-ins...

I take that the other way around. Most people do not interect or party outside of turn ins because generally partying and interacting is penalized. If partying and working togheter was fun and rewarding, you would see people partying and interacting. But it is not.

#19 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

it'll be really nice. VIP turn ins = +150% / while nonVIP ins= normal.

---------------------------
then unnerf rangers for a week 8D
OHKO for AB! 1.5k damage for AS :P /gg

#20 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

Anyways, this turn in doesn't have to be dragons. Maybe, we could have the sometimes asked turn in in bio 3, which could be awesome exp and surely would help people learn how to play there charas better than any map they are currently grinding :P

I totally do not agree with you. Just because an AB can't level doesn't mean you have to be 1 sided. The party system needs to be fixed and lazy people should not be Lv.150 with powerful amplified attacks. I think that people should deserve their 150 and if in the future there will be any event (Probably there will) It MUST be capped at lv.140 or less.

150 are for the people who deserves it!

#21 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

Umm....

If reaching 150 was something hard to do (like, do this quest, only at this time, you must have good timing, bring teh correct things, have the correct setup, group, coordination, strategies, etc) then yes, reaching 150 would be something you 'earn' or 'deserve'.

For example, fighting over a castle against a skilled guild and winning, means you deserved the castle.

But we are talking about leveling, RO post renewal leveling...150 is not hard or something you earn. 150 is something you reach, like how you reach the number 999999999999999999 after sometime if you start counting one by one. Not fun, not hard, but time consuming xP.

#22 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

YES. We need events.
What makes RO so unique?
Its unbalanced 3rd class makes it so unusual.
Just do a simple count: What's the most 150 class in the server? -- RG.
As everybody can tell: RG, RK, SURA, GENETICS take the majority of 150s.
What else? Sorcerers.
And then?
Nothing.
Those other job types who can be 150 such as Warlock, GX are benefited from the last turn-in event --- AL3.
How many people was attracted by GX, and then how many people quited their GX due to its sucky AOE dmg.
The problem of not getting 150 is NOT being lazy. It is the unbalanced 3rd class.
I need to hear a 150 class, like GX who never gets any benefit from any events, soloed to 150 telling us that "EVENT should be OCCASIONAL". Then we'll think about that.
Just tell me about someone started with no zeny, no gears, no guild, no nothing. And he's dreaming about leveling up to 150. How can that happen? And plus, some job class such as warlock, if you don't have a decent gear set, you can NEVER job change to a warlock. You can't even pass the job change quest.
No money-->No gears-->No high level-->No guild wants you. Plus no event? You know what I'm talking about.

#23 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Now that you mention it, what happened to all of the few GX in WoE? Numbers seem to be dwindling lately... Fastest fix to this ever is making Rolling Cutter useable with daggers and swords. I kid you not.

#24 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

Now that you mention it, what happened to all of the few GX in WoE? Numbers seem to be dwindling lately... Fastest fix to this ever is making Rolling Cutter useable with daggers and swords. I kid you not.

It's because the general population is bad and doesn't understand how to play one.
GX is one of the best classes if used properly.

#25 Milfy

Milfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

I think turn in events only make people lazy when they're leeching something and/or not actually helping the party they are in. As an AB, I am actively doing my job throughout a turn in event the same as I would in a regular party anywhere else with someone. It's more challenging to work as a team with others than only worry about yourself soloing. The additional experience from turning in is a really nice bonus and I am all for another turn in event. ^^

Besides, until we get a fix on the party share system it's really hard to make a full party with decent exp. That's definitely something I miss about pre-renewal. Having a full 12-person party with good exp and fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users