add another 2 week AL3 turn in - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

add another 2 week AL3 turn in

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

I think turn in events only make people lazy when they're leeching something and/or not actually helping the party they are in. As an AB, I am actively doing my job throughout a turn in event the same as I would in a regular party anywhere else with someone. It's more challenging to work as a team with others than only worry about yourself soloing. The additional experience from turning in is a really nice bonus and I am all for another turn in event. ^^

Besides, until we get a fix on the party share system it's really hard to make a full party with decent exp. That's definitely something I miss about pre-renewal. Having a full 12-person party with good exp and fun!

You might as well be afk. I'm at a loss for words if you find any part of turn-in events a challenge.

#27 Recette

Recette

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rddDTenovhE&feature=related

What the hell is going on at the end of the video? Where did all those bolts come from? Why can't us Sages do that??

#28 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

NO...

#29 Milfy

Milfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

You might as well be afk. I'm at a loss for words if you find any part of turn-in events a challenge.

Um, I genuinely do my job while leveling in ANY party regardless of how it was formed. And I mostly meant that during those types of events I often find myself partying people I don't know, which is nice because people have different playing styles that I have to adapt to.

Why does this matter so much to people? If you don't want to participate then don't. And if you somehow think you're that much better for not leveling off of a turn in event then yay for you. Is it really that bad for people to want to have something that benefits everyone involved? I think these events are fun to have and I'd like to see another one happen maybe in a few months.

#30 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:15 AM

What the hell is going on at the end of the video? Where did all those bolts come from? Why can't us Sages do that??

I think he have switched gears and equiped autocast cards...

#31 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

I think he have switched gears and equiped autocast cards...

Or the rabbit magic hat thingy.

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

Um, I genuinely do my job while leveling in ANY party regardless of how it was formed. And I mostly meant that during those types of events I often find myself partying people I don't know, which is nice because people have different playing styles that I have to adapt to.

Why does this matter so much to people? If you don't want to participate then don't. And if you somehow think you're that much better for not leveling off of a turn in event then yay for you. Is it really that bad for people to want to have something that benefits everyone involved? I think these events are fun to have and I'd like to see another one happen maybe in a few months.

This is a Korean game, there's supposed to be grinding involved. Believe it or not, some people like it for that aspect.
Unless they have played the class before, someone who just stands around doing turn-ins won't know how to play in a proper party setting if it comes down to it.
I have a friend who's a Maestro and he keeps partying support that you can tell came from turn-in events.
It also gets them to a high level without decent gear and that can be pretty discouraging.

#33 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Everyone makes some good points. I mean if we dont have turn in events the game gets kinda boring and if we do have turn ins then its just going to pump out 150s left and right. And i dont really have a problem with 150s because most are laughable in WoE cosidering my 117 chaser could take on a 150 and not die due to them 1. not being properly geared and 2. not knowing how to use their class to the fullest. I dont really like turn ins very much but i would like to see some more double and triple spawn events. The higher the risk of death the more fun it is, for me at least.

#34 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

YES. We need events.
What makes RO so unique?
Its unbalanced 3rd class makes it so unusual.
Just do a simple count: What's the most 150 class in the server? -- RG.
As everybody can tell: RG, RK, SURA, GENETICS take the majority of 150s.
What else? Sorcerers.
And then?
Nothing.
Those other job types who can be 150 such as Warlock, GX are benefited from the last turn-in event --- AL3.
How many people was attracted by GX, and then how many people quited their GX due to its sucky AOE dmg.
The problem of not getting 150 is NOT being lazy. It is the unbalanced 3rd class.
I need to hear a 150 class, like GX who never gets any benefit from any events, soloed to 150 telling us that "EVENT should be OCCASIONAL". Then we'll think about that.
Just tell me about someone started with no zeny, no gears, no guild, no nothing. And he's dreaming about leveling up to 150. How can that happen? And plus, some job class such as warlock, if you don't have a decent gear set, you can NEVER job change to a warlock. You can't even pass the job change quest.
No money-->No gears-->No high level-->No guild wants you. Plus no event? You know what I'm talking about.

i kno a gx that went from 113-150 in like 2 weeks during this 2x with not that much grinding. it's potentially faster than a rg, sura, rk can make if done right, about 60-75m/hr (vip + he bm, far more than you can get even in the best turn in party) Problem is most gx do not know what to do or most classes for that matter. the truth is that even if i told you what he did, 95% of the gx out there wouldnt be able to do it properly. hell 95% of theif classes dont even know how to backslide properly

lvling hardly helps for most classes in terms of their skill lvl. the only benefit that i can see are from theif classes properly learning how to backslide. most other classes, with the exception of ab only use the same 1-3 skills tops when lvling which wont really translate to much in woe/pvp

take a look at who people consider to be decent or good players prerenewal and if they are still playing now, it's pretty much the same people. give them an instant 150 npc where they didn't have to lvl and it wouldnt change much in who would be considered decent players. sure they may have better gears, but the fact that they know more about game mechanics and what their skills do vs others and what other skills do on them makes a big difference

Edited by Andini, 11 April 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#35 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

Or the rabbit magic hat thingy.

It isn't the rabbit magic hat because only hit with fire bolt (low chance) and cold bolt (higher chance) and don't hit with lightning bolt. I guess he is using kasa carded garment and gazeti cards...

#36 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

It's because the general population is bad and doesn't understand how to play one.
GX is one of the best classes if used properly.

Quoted for truth

#37 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

i kno a gx that went from 113-150 in like 2 weeks during this 2x with not that much grinding. it's potentially faster than a rg, sura, rk can make if done right, about 60-75m/hr (vip + he bm, far more than you can get even in the best turn in party) Problem is most gx do not know what to do or most classes for that matter. the truth is that even if i told you what he did, 95% of the gx out there wouldnt be able to do it properly. hell 95% of theif classes dont even know how to backslide properly

lvling hardly helps for most classes in terms of their skill lvl. the only benefit that i can see are from theif classes properly learning how to backslide. most other classes, with the exception of ab only use the same 1-3 skills tops when lvling which wont really translate to much in woe/pvp

take a look at who people consider to be decent or good players prerenewal and if they are still playing now, it's pretty much the same people. give them an instant 150 npc where they didn't have to lvl and it wouldnt change much in who would be considered decent players. sure they may have better gears, but the fact that they know more about game mechanics and what their skills do vs others and what other skills do on them makes a big difference

I assume you mean Kaden and I can just guess that he did bio2 with grimtooth?
I just 150'd my Chaser there and I saw people come down and lvl for 5 minutes before going back to al3. It's so much faster than dragons and it's empty 90% of the time.
Like you said though, you have to know how to backslide and change directions instantly to mob, or you'll make :P exp. Not sure why people insist on making things hard for themselves.

#38 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

VIP turn in NPC?

#39 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

Yeah dragon event creates too many 150 that doesn't know what they are doing.

Well pity them if that's the case. but pity to those who gets pawned by those noobs just because of level gap don't you think?

#40 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

It'd be better if partying was actually worth it and they made places that are considered more "challenging" give decent exp. You can't mob kill places like Bio3, so the exp should be adjusted accordingly. This has been suggested for ages though.

Make leveling fun and involve other people, not easier :S

Edited by Sapphic, 11 April 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#41 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

It'd be better if partying was actually worth it and they made places that are considered more "challenging" give decent exp. You can't mob kill places like Bio3, so the exp should be adjusted accordingly. This has been suggested for ages though.

Make leveling fun and involve other people, not easier :S

Must have been vomit inducing to have to share in AL3 so much exp wise, but enjoyable on the other hand to have some company.
They just need to make it so that everyone can get the same exp on share, but it would really encourage leeching and probably be counter productive.

#42 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Not like leeching didn't happen pre-renewal. At least people partied all the time then, even if it was easy mode Bio-leeching. It was fun at least. People partied in Thors, NL, and whatnot. There was leeching, but who cares? Isn't that what TI events are basically encouraging anyway?

EXP tapping could be used to make 2 man parties actually worth it by making it give +50% exp to make up for the partying defecit. That way there's no leeching. Have the AB tank everything and there you go. Oh, and of course give it a one tap limit.

Edited by Sapphic, 11 April 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#43 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Not like leeching didn't happen pre-renewal. At least people partied all the time then, even if it was easy mode Bio-leeching. It was fun at least. People partied in Thors, NL, and whatnot. There was leeching, but who cares? Isn't that what TI events are basically encouraging anyway?

EXP tapping could be used to make 2 man parties actually worth it by making it give +50% exp to make up for the partying defecit. That way there's no leeching. Have the AB tank everything and there you go. Oh, and of course give it a one tap limit.

That's a really good idea. exp tapping to get the bonus would solve everything.

#44 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Elemental sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users