#1 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Imagine a event in which you get to capture, if you can, every monster in the world of Ragnarok. (MVP's excluded) To start this event you'll be given a special accessory. This will give you a skill called capture that works similar to pet taming. A monster can only be captured when it's HP is low enough, and the chance to catch them is rare. <-- This might need some working out. Maybe players will be able to just use the capture skill without having to weaken the monster, so the event will be more widely available to even weak players. Each time you catch a monster it will be turned into a Monster Card but not a functional one. Possibly turning them into Monster Orbs would be better. Or even little dolls.

Your goal will be to capture every monster in the world of Ragnarok. Players who accomplish this will be given an extravagant reward. However you will also get rewards as you climb up. If you capture ten monsters you'll get a reward, at twenty you'll get another reward, at thirty, so on and so on.

I guess this event would last a month.

Do you know how many monsters exist in Ragnarok Online? Can you catch them all?

Edited by Maka, 09 April 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Sorry but someone had that idea before and called it pokemon ._.

But it still sounds fun to do ^^;

#3 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

Pokemon in Ragnarok o.o Sounds very amusing and something that might actually be fun during those times I decide to be lazy (most of the time).

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Might be an interesting idea.

We could donate the monsters to the Monster Museum in Juno so they can expand their collection.

#5 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Might be an interesting idea.

We could donate the monsters to the Monster Museum in Juno so they can expand their collection.

That's a really good storyline hook o.o I forgot about that place.

#6 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

Sounds fun, I want pocket monsters~

#7 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

How about not making this an event, but permanent? Kind of quest-like non-repeatable. Love the idea!

#8 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

Then make a Pet Battle System so players can use monsters to battle each other ;D

Anyway its a nice idea. Isn't there something in Brasilis about "capturing" Hydra?

#9 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

i wouldnt mind capturing monsters if the pet system wasnt such utter crap. OH WOW I CAUGHT A MONSTER LETS BRING IT OUT OH IT'S HUNGRY LETS FEED IT [three months later] OH GOD IT WONT SHUT UP PLEASE SOMEBODY RELEASE ME FROM THIS HELL. THE +1 LUK THIS THING GIVES IS SO TOTALLY WORTH THE 23M WORTH OF ITEMS I'VE FED IT TO GET TO THIS POINT.

seriously. we already have a capture system and it sucks. no offence but what you suggest doesnt add anything but about 1k more items that do nothing. hell, i doubt we have the storage space to collect them all across a single account. i'd much rather see the pet system reworked than see something like this come along. monsters you capture and keep as pets should be assisting in attack, supporting you and/or looting for you, not hopping around aimlessly telling you how awesome they are. after this is done, i'd welcome the whole pokemon system but not a second before.

#10 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

I stopped to play pkmn 8 years ago or even more... No, please xD

#11 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

I really like the idea of having it be a non repeatable quest where you can turn in specimens to the Monster Museum. It would encourage people to go to new maps, find monsters with rare spawns.

Why not submit this as an idea for the Anniversary Quest? I don't think it should be limited content and limited only to the Anniversary stuff, but the GMs are actively looking at those suggestions and maybe they'd consider adding this in at some point.

#12 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

I really like the idea of having it be a non repeatable quest where you can turn in specimens to the Monster Museum. It would encourage people to go to new maps, find monsters with rare spawns.

Why not submit this as an idea for the Anniversary Quest? I don't think it should be limited content and limited only to the Anniversary stuff, but the GMs are actively looking at those suggestions and maybe they'd consider adding this in at some point.

Isn't the anniversary quest already finalized? Maybe this could be the anniversary event for next year. Though I would like to experience it sooner.

#13 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

This could work but not exactly the way you're suggesting. Some points:

1) Players can capture all the monsters no problem.
2) When you use the skill to capture the monster, the monster is killed/disappears and you get 1 point for that monster. Let's say there's 1000 monsters (because I sorta forget exactly how many there are), you can get 1000 points.
3) To have a physical item would explode your kafra storage, would need a unique item and item ID for every possible 'catchable' monster, and would bring up other problems addressed and not addressed yet here.
4) The system could work along the lines of the TKM monster killing script but to a more complicated degree I think. I'm not sure how complicated exactly, but it would take time.
5) It would probably rely on the developers overseas and thus what you're asking for has to A) pass 'inspection' :P be doable by the developers and C) be developed and translated and brought back and implemented...and bug tested.

Which is all to say I would love to see this in game! Great idea!

How about when you finish capturing every single monster you can change your sprite to that OF A MONSTER! :P

Edited by Ultimate, 11 April 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#14 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

why not add a monster album that lets you see which you've captured? (lawlz pokedex)

And YAY MONSTER SPRITE<3 i want to be a skegg~!! so cute~ * u *

#15 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

The captured monsters wouldn't need to be a real item though. And if they were a solid item, I don't think anyone is suggesting you need to have the complete collection of all monsters before turning them in.

I personally still like the idea of trying to center it around the Monster Museum (since it's a neat location and majorly neglected). Just turn the ones you catch in at your own pace. Maybe each monster could have a point value (based on level or spawn rarity) and you can turn the points in for rewards but they'd only take one of each specimen.

Ideally, it would be pretty awesome if there were unique rewards offered and set up in such a way that you can never acquire them all. For instance, you can earn a total of 5,000 points but you'd need 15,000 points to purchase all the quest rewards. It would add to the rarity and make the whole thing worthwhile since you could pick and choose what you wanted and anything you weren't able to get on your own would need to be bought off the market.

I don't know why I'm bothering though. This is way too big of an idea for iRO to implement. We can hardly get the Holiday events running smoothly.

#16 LazyStevz

LazyStevz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

i wouldnt mind capturing monsters if the pet system wasnt such utter crap. OH WOW I CAUGHT A MONSTER LETS BRING IT OUT OH IT'S HUNGRY LETS FEED IT [three months later] OH GOD IT WONT SHUT UP PLEASE SOMEBODY RELEASE ME FROM THIS HELL. THE +1 LUK THIS THING GIVES IS SO TOTALLY WORTH THE 23M WORTH OF ITEMS I'VE FED IT TO GET TO THIS POINT.

seriously. we already have a capture system and it sucks. no offence but what you suggest doesnt add anything but about 1k more items that do nothing. hell, i doubt we have the storage space to collect them all across a single account. i'd much rather see the pet system reworked than see something like this come along. monsters you capture and keep as pets should be assisting in attack, supporting you and/or looting for you, not hopping around aimlessly telling you how awesome they are. after this is done, i'd welcome the whole pokemon system but not a second before.

I sadly have to agree with this post. The QQ part about feeding is a hit we must bare but in all essence the pet does become a nuisance when chatting and does NOTHING while you battle aside for what little bonus you get for having them out.

I really do like the idea but I think there are other things that need to be addressed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users