Pet Error is still not fixed? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Pet Error is still not fixed?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 caffeine

caffeine

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Seriously are GMs on vacation or something? They need to at least disable pets immediately.

Edited by caffeine, 10 April 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#2 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

Seriously are GMs on vacation or something? They need to at least disable pets immediately.

Please do something about this, people are purposely running around and using pets to disconnect other players (Particularly Vendors!). It's becoming a real pain coming back several hours later to find then error message "blah blah Nil value...etc"

#3 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Tape down your enter key.

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

What are you seeing?

When we were testing, I dc but the other GMs received no errors of any kind. If it is more serious than that, then a stronger reaction would be done. The fix is still being worked on.

#5 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Ohh... that's why I couldn't open the pet window on my Zealotus... but yeah, when I did that, people around me didn't see anything so i guess is not DC'ing other than the owner (master in this case xD).

#6 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

What are you seeing?

When we were testing, I dc but the other GMs received no errors of any kind. If it is more serious than that, then a stronger reaction would be done. The fix is still being worked on.

Did your pet have a armour equipped when testing? Someone (Susan_H) said they tested it and if a pet had something equipped it would disconnect other players. If unequipped it would not. But still the error when viewing the pet window.
Someone also suggested it might be named vs unamed.
Its definitely disconnecting other players. Happened to me without a pet and many others in Prontera. Hence why some venders are naming their shops things like "Down with Pets!" "Kill All Pets" "AGH PET ERROR" due to getting their shops disconnected when afk.

Edited by soudou, 11 April 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

What are you seeing?

1) If you have a pet out and try to open the pet window, you will get constant pop ups until you alt f4 your client
2) If you try to equip a pet accessory on a pet without one, you will get a single error window you can click away and continue playing (and the pet accessory will not be equipped)
3) If someone with a pet who has an accessory brings up their pet, or walk in your screenrange, you will get a weird message that will minimize your RO window and you must click away fast, or else you will disconnect.

I'm not sure if you can try the third point, since you can't equip accessories in pets right now, but I'm sure that if you ask someone will volunteer their pet.

#8 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

1) If you have a pet out and try to open the pet window, you will get constant pop ups until you alt f4 your client

I did this: when I open the Pet Window, it pop ups an error, then I go to the RO window again with the pop up open (black screen), I do Alt+J, then I close the pop up, and all done.

I'm not sure know how can someone go around with its equiped pet, just equiping it may result into a suicide bomber :P.

#9 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

I still get the weird message when one walks on my screen, but I don't d/c anymore.

#10 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

Seriously this needs to be fixed. Love how people are doing so much to grieve people with pets. Saw a Sura snapping around Payon (on Ymir) for well over a minute. I'd add a screenshot to my report but it was darn near impossible to capture the events. But whatever. This better be fixed next maint. It's freakin' annoying.

#11 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Seriously this needs to be fixed. Love how people are doing so much to grieve people with pets. Saw a Sura snapping around Payon (on Ymir) for well over a minute. I'd add a screenshot to my report but it was darn near impossible to capture the events. But whatever. This better be fixed next maint. It's freakin' annoying.

What was the pet? cause earlier there was a 150 sura snapping around pront on Ymir with an orc warrior pet. I got the sura's name at least but no screenshot. On the past few days its been a certain group doing such things. Then again its hard to take screenshots of the doings in action but easly guessed who they are :P

#12 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

^It was Orc Warrior. I'm sure it was the same guy. Surely no proof means nothing's gonna be done about the person doing it. Oh well. I'm sure his life is now complete.

#13 caffeine

caffeine

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

What are you seeing?

Please, fix the bug ASAP. People are purposely bringing their pets to prontera merchant area to disconnect vendors!

#14 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:09 AM

i heard someone say he is going to dc people during woe

#15 Rei00

Rei00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

wow if this bug is still active when woe comes around.... I'd be guessing its gonna be taken advantage of, like bringing in 2-4 ppl with bugged pets to storm a castle. Hmmm wonder how that would turn out. But yea we do get disconnected once those pets come in and there was also a thief class character (either cloaked or stalking) walking around pront with a pecopeco pet.

#16 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

What are you seeing?

Every single person on the screen usually gets 1 small pop-up window minimum. If you do not close the window the game client times out after 5-7 minutes and your player dcs. Not conducive to vending, very conducive to pissing off bots.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

Every single person on the screen usually gets 1 small pop-up window minimum. If you do not close the window the game client times out after 5-7 minutes and your player dcs. Not conducive to vending, very conducive to pissing off bots.

Doesn't effect bots running without the bot client. Only effects botters running through the legit client (probably including the bots advertising that gold site on Ymir)

#18 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Yeah the only good thing about this pet error was watching that spamming "gold" seller on Ymir get owned.

#19 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Yeah the only good thing about this pet error was watching that spamming "gold" seller on Ymir get owned.

If the person doing that was doing it for that reason... Well, that's just like using a flamethrower to kill a really annoying fly.

#20 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

Yea, but there's a lot of people who do it purposely to crash vendors.

But one day, we will hear a great cry from the nether, as 1 million griefers cry out in anguish, and suddenly can't grief!

#21 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

Same person crashing vendors again just a few minutes ago on Ymir. Getting stupid.. I think GMs need to do something.

#22 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

If the person doing that was doing it for that reason... Well, that's just like using a flamethrower to kill a really annoying fly.

Well someone had lured it to a quiet sidestreet with promise of trading zeny first. So thankfully mainly the people who had followed out of curiosity were affected. It was a green Orc Warrior though. But it may of just been coincidince they were there.

And I agree the pet error needs to go. It was funny when its a bot, but its not funny when real players are affected. I've been vending a bit today and got this error twice. And with dual vending... yeah. Lots of OK buttons to click.

Edited by soudou, 12 April 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#23 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

What are you seeing?

Thanks, and I' ll screenshot what I see in a few hours since i will be vending an assume someone will try to use the glitch.

#24 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

Tape down your enter key.

Done....now what? :P

#25 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

I don't seem to get disconnected. As in, the game telling me that I am. But my game pretty much freezes and I have to alt + f4, or ctrl alt del close it.

Though I think my client freezing might just come from the fact that the error stays up for so long, while I'm vending, that it just locks up. And my vending does not continue. :/ At least according to Ragial, even tho the game never says I dc'd.

But when I got it on my priest or another char that isn't afk for long periods of time. I just get the error that I have to spam enter through for like 10 or so times and everything is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users