ECO x RO - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

ECO x RO

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

so i guess the only way to play in english if someone made a pserver...which wouldnt suprise me since alot of games that arent avilable all over the world usually have pservers lying around. lol

#27 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

so i guess the only way to play in english if someone made a pserver...which wouldnt suprise me since alot of games that arent avilable all over the world usually have pservers lying around. lol

Private servers are never an option. Keep pestering GRAVITY NA to localize it, or play the Indonesian version which is partially English to my knowledge.

#28 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yes your right...using pservers are bad...since they are unstable and they shut down after a few months. ro pservers are good example. but i dont wanna get banned for antagonising them for anything X__X

#29 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

I know this thread will die soon and be deleted so i wanna ask one last thing. Lets say if they did brng the ECO english server back to life. could i play it with my warrport portal account like all the other games?

#30 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

No.

Gravity US never got a server setup for ECO. The English server that died was ran by RunUp.

#31 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

I don't even understand why they would license the game out to RunUp in the first place. RunUp just incenses as many games as they can, then let's them sit, hoping people will play and pay money for it. If not, oh well.
They have way too many games than they could ever possibly manage.

They basically just acquired ECO then let it sit. They had the game for almost a year, yet never once updated the website. There were like 2 events. A Halloween event, and a Christmas event. They threw a few costumes into the cash shop and hair dyes and decided to call it a day.
The game closed last summer. Yet the website is still online. In the same pathetic state it was at launch.

http://eco.runup.com.sg/en/top/top.php

You can really tell how well managed they are.

If GRAVITY US can make a game like ROSE work, then I'm sure ECO would find an equal to or greater than amount of success. If anything, it'd bring in a much broader audience than Eternal Destiny is going to..

Edited by Maka, 14 April 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#32 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:48 PM

omg you your saying that even though the english server is dead...the site still remains? wow its rare to even hear of a "ghost site" these days it feels...lonely and creepy. u know like that spirit program that was powered by some machines (if u seen ghost in the shell and cowboy bebop...the episode when ed talks to that satilite that makes doodles and pictures you would know what i mean)

#33 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

lol i was on my monk and sinx for awhile. he is lvl 93 now (7 more till tranz :( still have some hats and gears to collect)hey maka, i was wondering is there a link to the indoneseian site? although i think i found it already. also how am i suppose to play it if i dont understand the text? are the npcs in english so i can do quests and stuff? quests are great and go into the story....makes mmos sorta meaningless without stryquests and such...just gringing without a purpose seems....bot-ish. maybe im just thinking too hard. oh crap im getting off subject...again -.- so yea, back to my qquestion. are the ingame text english or at least a translation file? sorta gonna be awkward trying to play and not knowing how to do things. wonder how the other people that dont undertand english that weell...or at all survive in ro if they cant read/understand english text. maybe they can give me some tips? X_X if there is a way i would like to know, if there isnt guess just forget about it ._. and not try it out....

#34 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

No it's in Indonesian, but some stuff is English.

http://eco.wavegame.net/

The story is just about a war that resulted in the destruction of the world. There's flashbacks that somewhat explain it.

There is no translation patch to my knowledge. If you find one let me know. Until then keep hoping Gravity gets the game in the near future.

Edited by Maka, 16 April 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#35 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

That "priestess" doll people ordered looks suspiciously like the priestess from eco

Edited by Ultimate, 16 April 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#36 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

aww Q_Q i dont think they will ever decide to bring it back and put it on warpportal...but if the did it would be cool and alot of people might wanna play it (not sure...but i seen on other sites people from the english server missed it dearly...like your very first pet tht died) :( maybe a few around in iro and other wp games would like this game too. i would ask or something. but im only one person...i cant make a difference in the desicson. How about a petition? perhaps if more people want this game just as much as i do brught back talk about it and vote on it. maybe they will probrably try? then again there are alot of people in the world, im sure im not the only person that had this idea ._. just so powerless...sigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users