Old Equips & Cards Need Update - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Old Equips & Cards Need Update

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

We really should make a list of items that need to be updated to match renewal mechanics . . .

[ Name ] [ Current ATK ] -> [ Proposed ATK ]
Brave Assassin's Damascus 120 -> 145
Brave Assaulter's Katzbalger 200 -> 230
Brave Battle Crossbow 100 -> 160
Brave Battle Fist 30 -> 125
Brave Battle Lariat 50 -> 130
Brave Battle Strategy Book 90 -> 140
Brave Battlefield Guitar 50 -> 130
Brave Battlefield Morning Star 110 -> 155
Brave Carnage Katar 130 -> 175
Brave Gladiator Blade 115 -> 162
Brave Huuma Front Shuriken 55 -> 133
Brave Insane Battle Axe 210 -> 230

Glorious Apocalypse 90 -> 130
Glorious Claw 30 -> 125
Glorious Gatling Gun 90 -> 175
Glorious Gladius 120 -> 145
Glorious Guitar 50 -> 130
Glorious Hunter Bow 100 -> 160
Glorious Lariat 50 -> 130
Glorious Pistol 80 -> 135
Glorious Rifle 90 -> 150
Glorious Shotgun 110 ->
Glorious Shuriken 55 -> 133
Glorious Tablet 90 -> 140

Some of those weapons should not have higher attack than their KVM counterparts.

Edited by Myzery, 21 April 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

You may want to give specific reasons why. In general the KVM weapons don't need ATK upgrades because their secondary abilities are so good (like glorious fist) but pretty much across the board the brave/valorous stuff is weaker than npc items/useless.

#28 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

Most of the secondary abilities are really bad. The only advantage they have over the BG weapons is attack power.
Maybe they should just re-evaluate KVM weapons and bring them even slightly in the realm of being equal.

#29 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

I am not so sure you know what you are talkiing about as almost all of the KVM weps have identical ATK to the Tierra/Flavius ones and I copied them the same above...

Perhaps you can give some specific examples..?

#30 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

~Bumping the thread~

Anybody ever seen a Woood Goblin or Les ,Baba Yaga, Uzhas or Mavka Card? i never seen them in game ever..since i start playing RO

They don't have card because their drops are a bit amped. Their drops are balanced enough, you get Exp and Zeny in exchange for never getting a card, whihc is quite good considering some cards are worth 100K or less. Mavka is perfect just the way it is also. Illusion flower sells for 1M or so since 2 years back even to now and its 0.51% drop or so which makes it a ot better than many cards. There a bunch of other benefits like the books which are 0.06 rate again 3 times better than a card and worth more than many cards. So Moscovia is a pretty balanced place already in terms of Drops and Exp, no need to add cards for balancing.

#31 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

Make magni's set do awesome defense again.

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

I am not so sure you know what you are talkiing about as almost all of the KVM weps have identical ATK to the Tierra/Flavius ones and I copied them the same above...

Perhaps you can give some specific examples..?

Some of the lower attack ones are the same, but the ones I can remember without looking are the mace and katar.
I wouldn't care if they were all the same attack, but I don't think they should more attack than the KVM weapons. Just my opinion.

#33 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

all kafra shop gears need a revamp. not a single item has been adjusted for renewal, headgears that were 9 DEF are next to useless compared to what you can pick up off the ground and be able to upgrade further. the entire weapons selection needs changing, there are entirely too many weapons under 100 damage and class specific weapons are even worse. with dex getting the damage nerf it got with renewal, STR is about the only way to get any real amount of damamge with melee. the changes to damage calculations that came with renewal have made all but the highest damage weapons and several dozen cards basicly obsolete. under the renewal system it's actually possible in some situations to have these low damage weapons have their damage reduced below zero, and i certainly believe this to not be intended.

why on earth would anyone put a +20% damage card in any weapon that does less than 100 damage? 120? 150? these cards only work on weapon damage now, either the percentage needs increasing or the base weapon damage need a boost or BOTH. pick any quad slot weapon, fill with 20% cards and a quad andre weap will always do more damage and not be restricted to a specific breed/property of monster. in addition to that, the damage is still less than the highest damage weapon you can buy from npc in that weapon class without any cards in it at all. for the rarity of cards and the cost to collect them and make a custom weapon, it simply isnt worth the trouble. i had like 1 billion zeny worth of weapons for my sin pre-renewal that are worth NPC loot now because the best damage on everything is almost always the same set of daggers and neither has a single card in them. this game used to be full of variety, variety is gone, now what.

#34 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

We really should make a list of items that need to be updated to match renewal mechanics . . .

[ Name ] [ Current ATK ] -> [ Proposed ATK ]
Brave Assassin's Damascus 120 -> 145
Brave Assaulter's Katzbalger 200 -> 230
Brave Battle Crossbow 100 -> 160
Brave Battle Fist 30 -> 125
Brave Battle Lariat 50 -> 130
Brave Battle Strategy Book 90 -> 140
Brave Battlefield Guitar 50 -> 130
Brave Battlefield Morning Star 110 -> 155
Brave Carnage Katar 130 -> 175
Brave Gladiator Blade 115 -> 162
Brave Huuma Front Shuriken 55 -> 133
Brave Insane Battle Axe 210 -> 230

Same goes for the Valorous.

I tested my valorous guitar vs. oriental lute. my oriental lute does more damage than the valorous guitar.
as well as Valorous Battle crossbow vs. Orc archer bow+steel arrows, OAB does more damage compared to Valor Bow.
tested against demi-humans in PvP and PvM btw.

Edited by iCandy, 21 April 2011 - 05:18 PM.

#35 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Lord's Clothes kinda suck. Could use a buff imo. Maybe add a damage reduction effect against x race or something

Goggles look really nice, but kinda suck for taking 2 slots. Maybe add + str, or + vit or something

Saint's Robe. Possibly add more mdef, or add +2 int

Silk Robe. Same as above, maybe only +1 int

Sunglasses. These things are just plain ugly, but they were the only slotted midheadgear back in the day. Perhaps give us an option to turn them into glasses, while keeping the card intact of course

Boys Cap. Looks great, but does crap. Yes, a lot of headgears out there are for vanity purposes only, but comon, even a tiny amount of use would be great

#36 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

Same goes for the Valorous.

I tested my valorous guitar vs. oriental lute. my oriental lute does more damage than the valorous guitar.
as well as Valorous Battle crossbow vs. Orc archer bow+steel arrows, OAB does more damage compared to Valor Bow.
tested against demi-humans in PvP and PvM btw.

Yes I know. I did not list the valor ones as they have the same ATK as the brave ones.

There is a reasons they need major update;

They were designed with the +% mod affecting STR or DEX-based dmg. particularly the DEX ones, they had lower ATK cause archer-types got the majority of their ATK from their 20-30 higher DEX score than melees tended to have. Since +% no longer is affected by the base ability score, and since the larger DEX pool no longer gives exponential bonuses, the difference is very small between the base damage of melee and archer now. So while it was fair to give a gypsy a 50 atk wep before and a swordie a 130 atk wep, that is no longer the case. In renewal, a +% effect on a 50 atk wep is useless, but entirely so much on a 130. Which is why some classes, particularly those using maces and swords, are still able to use their battlegrounds/kvm weapons, while other characters such as archers, get no use whatsoever from a bg/kvm wep now.

Edited by Jaye, 22 April 2011 - 04:45 AM.

#37 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

Old Blue Boxes, Old Purple, Gift Box Basicly every single box needs updating

#38 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

Not exactly an equipment, but they should update pets so that you don't have to be fed them as often as they do right now. Would be nice if their hunger went down at a rate like that of homuns.

#39 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Oh I thought of another one, update Hill Wind Card to work with Chain Lightning. /ok

Edited by Trixdee, 22 April 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#40 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

All five of the Monk weapons that were introduced to the game right before Renewal was implemented and turned them into the weapons that they would've replaced. I speak of the Combo Battle Glove and the Electric/Magma/Icicle/Seismic Fists; seriously, I do more damage with an NPC Stunner EVEN AFTER the Endow triggers. :)

Totally agree, in pre-renewal you where more likely to use claw and fist type weapons for a little less dmg but more aspd plus slots, now those weapons are totally useless since they do crapy dmg and the aspd difference with maces is now 1.

#41 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Slotting elemental weapons should be a 3rd job or trans quest skill would revitalize crafting weapons
another Idea was to have items like zeny Daggers for every + they have it would compound the zeny amount for example
+0 to safety +5 since its a level 3 weapon would be
+5: 10 to 500z
+6: 100 to 5k
+7: 1k to 50k
+8: 10k to 500k
+9: 100k to 5m
capped at +9 or even adjust it so its very good but not OP

I would probably only recommend this if they ever get the bot problem under control,
that would mean having all craft-able items vended by NPCs and some kind of NCP,
that takes old excess equips off the market multiple of equips that no one is buying.

If the market is not balanced the GMs will have to keep doing gambling to remove excess zeny off the market to slow down Inflation.
This in turn frustrates all the people that play legit, because they work there ass off to get gears,
that botting players dump at cheap prices just to keep there gears better than legit players.

I know it seems like a rant but, if you don�t look at the full picture, then its totally out of context.

Edited by GhostShadow, 14 May 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#42 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:36 AM

Not exactly an equipment, but they should update pets so that you don't have to be fed them as often as they do right now. Would be nice if their hunger went down at a rate like that of homuns.

One I have been thinking about pets for a long long time is there ARMOR
make them upgradable to get rid of the mass escess of them all over the place
No saftey so they brake like crazy but if you get +3 + 6 & +9 maybe have the pet do some neat kind of new emots

Edited by GhostShadow, 15 May 2011 - 06:40 AM.

#43 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

Loots also need to be update from old renewal price to their current renewal scale and lv and Hardship

Example

Savage LV 23 monster now LV 59 Monster
Kobold LV 33~36 now LV 101 to 108 Monster
Desert Wolf lv 27 now LV 103 Monster

killing high level monster should be reward with higher NPC~able Price

N.B: Desert Wolf Claw still sell for 97z in Valk /Facepalm

Edited by Dukeares, 15 May 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#44 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

Loots also need to be update from old renewal price to their current renewal scale and lv and Hardship

Example

Savage LV 23 monster now LV 59 Monster
Kobold LV 33~36 now LV 101 to 108 Monster
Desert Wolf lv 27 now LV 103 Monster

killing high level monster should be reward with higher NPC~able Price

N.B: Desert Wolf Claw still sell for 97z in Valk /Facepalm

I guess the turnabout explanation would be that those monsters are really good leveling spots so the loot should suck.

#45 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

It would be really nice to see them look at some of the mvp cards as well.
There are alot that are not so useful in renewal anymore.
Like Osiris, maybe give it the option to self res like a perma res token. Its not like theres millions of these things floating around, so it really wouldn't hurt the kafra shop any.
There are tons of mvp cards that could use a boost with renewal to make them special like they are supposed to be.
If i think of more i'll add it, feel free to add any as well.

#46 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

How about buff Excalibur? The legendary weapon is not supposed to be a legendary piece of crap. Even before renewal it was not all that good but at least it was holy property. Now with the elemental atk nerf, all it is good for is a damn brewer. I almost do like how its hard as hell to get with the lvl 4 wep quest or just expensive at 1500 medals; it is Excalibur the legendary weapon buff it already.

Edit: Maybe the elemental atk nerf should only apply to endows and asperio, while the weapons with the propertys will act like they did pre-renewal.

Edited by TrueMaster, 16 May 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#47 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

Some of the Quest also need to be update~ For a example~ Nameless Island....

How the heck can my lv 90 Linker gona do the quest if quest monster is lv 130.. :D

#48 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Some of the Quest also need to be update~ For a example~ Nameless Island....

How the heck can my lv 90 Linker gona do the quest if quest monster is lv 130.. :D

It was always kinda like this tho, or even worse. That quest does need a fix though and now the exp is crap on it too.

#49 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

Excalibur should've been an amazing two handed sword on the same level as Violet Fear, or Tae Goo Leyon. They're all "rare one-of-a-kind" items, but there's a lot of them and they're amazing.

Excalibur [1]

The legendary sword only the warriors worthy enough can wield.
It shines with a warm, holy aura when swung.

Casts Level 5 Assumptio on the user at 5% chance with each physical attack.

Type: Two Handed Sword
Attack: 220
Weight: 250
Class: Swordsman Class
Level: 90

Now that is a sword that matches the title of "Excalibur" without being overpowered.

#50 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

Excalibur should've been an amazing two handed sword on the same level as Violet Fear, or Tae Goo Leyon. They're all "rare one-of-a-kind" items, but there's a lot of them and they're amazing.

Excalibur [1]

The legendary sword only the warriors worthy enough can wield.
It shines with a warm, holy aura when swung.

Casts Level 5 Assumptio on the user at 5% chance with each physical attack.

Type: Two Handed Sword
Attack: 220
Weight: 250
Class: Swordsman Class
Level: 90

Now that is a sword that matches the title of "Excalibur" without being overpowered.

That is sweat, but still lacking. yeah i thought it should of been a two handed sword as well. The assumptio addition is a sweat themed addition too. I would still not switch it for my violet fear tho. I Think it should be more comparable to the violet fear rather than being its lacky. Although if it is holy property still which wasn't stated in your description it would have its uses out performing violet fear. I dont really wanna get wild with what i want out of it and your description is well balanced and sounds better and better the more i think it over. Maybe one more auto cast skill and this thing would take the cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users