#1 ShadowOfLoki

ShadowOfLoki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (missing Loki)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

Is the Vanil still the preferred Homunculus, or did the changes to MATK make any of the others better than it?

#2 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

I predominately see Vani and Amistr now, so I'd say Vani is still a good choice. But I've heard Amistr got a massive HP increase and Castling is especially good for mobbing.

I can only say with certainty that you don't want a Lif. I'm just stubborn and don't want to change... Besides, she's cute.

#3 ShadowOfLoki

ShadowOfLoki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Ymir (missing Loki)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

*nods* Okay. My Vanil is pretty low-level still, so I could change if I wanted, but I guess it's a good choice to keep (though Amistr looks infinitely better than the Vanil). XD

No Lif 'cause of the Heal nerf, huh? Too bad, she's my favorite.

#4 LazyStevz

LazyStevz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

Vanils are still good. Just that Amistrs hold a better advantage now. I have to say I'm pretty peev'd off about this in all since I had an evolved Amistr and cop'd out for a vanil. I knew how castling is a excellent skill to have in your arsenal but as a Alch or Bio it never really benefited them with the lack of AoE skills topped with the Homun being gimped.

... Now I wish I kept it. I miss you Tenderfoot. :P

#5 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

*nods* Okay. My Vanil is pretty low-level still, so I could change if I wanted, but I guess it's a good choice to keep (though Amistr looks infinitely better than the Vanil). XD

No Lif 'cause of the Heal nerf, huh? Too bad, she's my favorite.

No Lif because of the walking speed. Before people would only get Lif for the massive walking seed bonus, but now that speed is default for geneticist from cart boost, making the Lif skill obsolete.

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

No lif because the heal nerf, the walking speed from genetic, and the nerf to matk which made mental change do as low damage as when the lif is not using mental change.

#7 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

Yes, I still use a Lif, regardless everything else around me. THIS is a stubborn dude XD.

And yes, as Kitty said, Lifs are beautiful (the green ones, not reds) and I adore them. However, you still have to look at the painful truth:

• Just look at Healing Hands: it used to heal slightly less than renewal (my Lif at level 73 healed somewhat better than the same Lif from pre-RE), but its cast time was just 3 seconds instead these 20 seconds they have now!!
  • Just look at Urgent Escape: yes, you still can get a walk speed boost before becoming a genetic, which goes fully outdated once you become genetic.
  • Now look at Mental Charge: correction, look at the new Matk change, look what it did with MC!! Now MC has a tiny power rise compared with before. And on top of that, it doesn't refill HP/SP anymore!! It only gives better defense instead.

Yes, I still have a Lif, she's level 99 by the way, and I'm terribly anxious for the eventual coming of the Homunculi S to iRO and apply the new Aftercast/Re-use Delay when they were implemented.

I'm guessing you know which homunculus S I will choose.

#8 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

i saw a non-99 filir do 2k+ damage with moonlight and a 99 vanilmirth do cold bolt damage of about 1k+ on magmarings.

#9 LazyStevz

LazyStevz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

i saw a non-99 filir do 2k+ damage with moonlight and a 99 vanilmirth do cold bolt damage of about 1k+ on magmarings.

It depends on how you use them. Amistrs were lacking in the defence department but have a very useful skill. The buff they got was coming and I'm glad they can be of good use. Now for Lifs to get some light shone onto.

#10 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

What about Filir's?
I just can't imagine having another Homun at the side of my Alchemist to be fair x3
Are they still good? or more average?

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

I fear I may need to remake my homuns to prepare for Homun S.... Vanil was the best, and currently is the best, but I don't think that will stay the same with Homun S.

#12 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

I was reading that Vani's skill set was a good compliment to Dieter, though.

Why do you think otherwise, Azzy?

#13 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

I don't know, but I do remind from the very Dan Doddler that Lif's skill set was a very good compliment to Eira, sadly I couldn't find the source.

I'm gonna be Frank (not Nilox anymore XD), regarding THIS patch (the Homun S portion), I have no idea about when were they implemented on main servers, and I hope those new Aftercast/Re-use Delay setups aren't temporary.

#14 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

To be honest, non-90+ filirs attacking anything close to the 99 range will result in horrible hit rate. Mine misses Dark Priests about 80% of the time. =\

#15 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

I was using Amistr before it was cool :blink: But it is cool that Amistr are cool now :)

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 13 April 2011 - 03:54 PM.

#16 Lapres

Lapres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

Edit: Found a post that made me so sad. Deleted my Lif thinking it was a POS, to come find out that stats are incorrect? Ill be facepalming the rest of the day.

Edited by Lapres, 19 April 2011 - 05:11 AM.

#17 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

While we're at it, they need to fix the bugged homunculus skills already.

ESPECIALLY vanilmirth's instruction change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users