Changing Emporia Times - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Changing Emporia Times

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#26 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:12 AM

A.

I chose A because I'm a PST gamer and it's convenient to have the tournament start relatively early in the afternoon/evening and end as such. This has got absolutely nothing to do with being in Soul or not, it's a matter of personal unbiased preference. Nice try though Yurai.

#27 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

EW on Saturday, Rims PvP league on Saturday.

#28 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

I chose A because I'm a PST gamer and it's convenient to have the tournament start relatively early in the afternoon/evening and end as such. This has got absolutely nothing to do with being in Soul or not, it's a matter of personal unbiased preference. Nice try though Yurai.

Nice try at what? I'm just curious the reasoning. You cannot deny that members the same guild will often back each other up, and neither can I.

#29 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

EW on Saturday, Rims PvP league on Saturday.

It was on Sunday last time Posted Image

I don't think I can accurately put into words, how i feel about this post. So I'll just let these here gifs do the talking.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Sorry, the blob of fat bulging from the abdomen of your avatar distracts me from your gifs Posted Image

Edited by ImDiene, 14 April 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#30 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

It was on Sunday last time :|

That was because of personal problems, so the date for that was moved to Sunday.

#31 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

You're trying to make everything change for you just because you have work during EW time :|

#32 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

So the tourney seems pretty flexible. He could move it to 3 if emporia was at 6 or to Sunday. I doubt he'd leave it at the same time Posted Image

You're trying to make everything change for you just because you have work during EW time :|

No, that would mean she would be unable to participate in the PvP League. While work is her personal reason for wanting a different time for EW, there are also other reasons for wanting EW to be moved to a later time of day. I feel that having a later EW is generally better for the 18+ population while having an earlier EW is better for the under 18 population.

Edited by Yurai, 14 April 2011 - 01:47 AM.

#33 reallycalmer

reallycalmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

A.

I'd rather do something else at night. Whether you're 18+ or 18-, would you really want to spend saturday night stuck at home for ew or out with friends/on a date. Bear in mind we'd be committed to staying in on saturday night for EVERY week you want to compete for ew.

Edited by reallycalmer, 14 April 2011 - 01:58 AM.

#34 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

Resorting to fat jokes :/

Posted Image

No jokes here. Just the truth. Still distracted by that stomach bulgePosted Image
People even said they adblocked it lol *cough*Hifumi*cough*

What. I'm not, nor is my guild, the only one to vote for B.Posted Image

Since there have been significant changes to the usefulness of Ranking PvP and BSQ, I was wondering if the community would prefer to the change Emporia times ... There could be many other reasons for or against this as well, so the purpose of this thread is to collect everyone's feedback.

Posted Image

Edited by ImDiene, 14 April 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#35 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

No, that would mean she would be unable to participate in the PvP League. While work is her personal reason for wanting a different time for EW, there are also other reasons for wanting EW to be moved to a later time of day. I feel that having a later EW is generally better for the 18+ population while having an earlier EW is better for the under 18 population.

The quote you quoted implies that she assumed Rim would move the PvP league if the EW time changed to B. That means everything went her way.

Anyways, we gave reasons, then you try to denounce our reasons :|

ie. Sheol said the PvP League is scheduled on Saturday. Diene implies that it'll change (for whatever reason) if EW is moved to B. I said dinner is usually around that time. Diene expects me to eat microwaved food during the time between EWs rather than preparing/buying something healthier. Thanks Diene for caring. :blink:

From what I gather, most of your reasons are: Work, rather have daytime free than nighttime. Well I'm not going to try to change your standpoint but just realize that some people have opposite time schedules as yours. What if the change lets some more people participate in EW and those that previously could, cannot?

#36 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Yah, I guess it's more convenient for people who need to stop playing early. It's 2am when you wrote this though! Why are you up at such an inconvenient time? D:

A.

I'd rather do something else at night. Whether you're 18+ or 18-, would you really want to spend saturday night stuck at home for ew or out with friends/on a date. Bear in mind we'd be committed to staying in on saturday night for EVERY week you want to compete for ew.

Oh sorry, didn't realize that EW was more important than friends that you would have to prioritize that over friends every week. I didn't know it be so hard for some people to just skip EW sometimes.Posted Image

Edited by ImDiene, 14 April 2011 - 02:28 AM.

#37 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

A.

At most, you'd only EW on Saturdays every other week or once every 3 weeks depending on which castle you hold. To answer your question, it depends on personal preference -- not everyone enjoys late night entertainment outside.

The quote you quoted implies that she assumed Rim would move the PvP league if the EW time changed to B. That means everything went her way.

Anyways, we gave reasons, then you try to denounce our reasons :|

ie. Sheol said the PvP League is scheduled on Saturday. Diene implies that it'll change (for whatever reason) if EW is moved to B. I said dinner is usually around that time. Diene expects me to eat microwaved food during the time between EWs rather than preparing/buying something healthier. Thanks Diene for caring. :blink:

From what I gather, most of your reasons are: Work, rather have daytime free than nighttime. Well I'm not going to try to change your standpoint but just realize that some people have opposite time schedules as yours. What if the change lets some more people participate in EW and those that previously could, cannot?

Who said I was denouncing your reasons? I'm stating that not everything is going her way. Diene does not expect you to eat microwaved food during that time. Besides, EW matches only last around 10 minutes, meaning that there are 50 minutes between each match, which is plenty of time for you to prepare and eat a healthy meal. I seriously doubt that's a huge inconvenience. As for the bolded, how about asking yourself the same question? This thread was created due to a situation such as the one you have proposed -- because she is unable to participate in any of the Emporia matches and because other people may have similar situations.

I don't think you're in a position to be bashing others for being inconsiderate as you're more worried about yourself eating dinner 10 minutes later as opposed to thinking about others who cannot make it at all. Sure, it's not your obligation to care about her as she's only one person, but because of that, it does not put you in a disposition to make snide sarcastic comments such as, "Thanks Diene for caring :)"

Edited by Yurai, 14 April 2011 - 02:55 AM.

#38 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

Okay change the "you" to Diene then. Microwaved food was a MSN joke, but I guess you weren't in the chat at the time. EW matches are 30 minutes max. I'm going to make time for 30 minutes, not 10 minutes. Anyways, I eat dinner at 9 PM usually. I only said 6-8:30 was when most people in PST ate dinner. I personally just prefer earlier times since my internet seems to die at around 7-9 on weekends. Couldn't do anything in that PvP tourney match against your team, so I'm not sure how that'd work out in a bigger stage of EW.

As for the question... your "I don't think most of the responses here are valid, especially the ones with no real reason behind them since we're all a bit biased. Of course, all the Soul members chose A, and all of us Ascension members have chose B. It'd be better if those who simply stated their choice would give a brief explanation as to their reasoning behind the time they chose." started all of this. You can't honestly think that if people would pick an inconvenient time for themselves just because their in Soul/Ascension, that they wouldn't be able to make up an explanation for it? How easy is it to say, "Oh, I have work during 7 PM - whatever time PST." Polls like these are bound to fail. You'll never know how many people are truly inconvenienced by A. time compared to B. time. So just let people pick a stance and post their reasons if they care to do so. :|

you got that smiley wrong.

Edited by Kazra, 14 April 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#39 Buckcherry

Buckcherry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

Everyone discussed the times, but nobody discuss the day.. whyyy saturdayyy ( i cant :blink: :) :D , why not all EW on sunday.. NOONE works on sundays.

#40 reallycalmer

reallycalmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:17 AM

Oh sorry, didn't realize that EW was more important than friends that you would have to prioritize that over friends every week. I didn't know it be so hard for some people to just skip EW sometimes.Posted Image

Whether i'd prioritize ew over irl friends or not really isn't the issue. If I voted for A, I wouldn't have to make that choice. I could get both which seems better to me. Besides guild guilt can be very strong o.O. I wouldn't want to be forced to compete in ew then rush out to be late to hang with friends, a likely scenario for me with option B.

Yurai, of course ppl may have different, equally valid preferences for weekend evening time activities. I'm just advocating for myself and anyone else who feels similarly to choose A.

#41 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

I believe this volley of bickering or assuming each side is trying to attack each other should stop. I believe Diene is starting this topic to get a consensus of how many people of the population that plays (or looks at the forums) want an earlier time, current time or later time for EW.

I think if we follow what she asked for from our posts was just what time we want and why. She stated her reason and so have Yurai. Guildmates of Soul also have. I think if Nova really keeps his word, they'll tally up the votes and see which side wins. Hopefully there aren't abuse on this by random people skewing the votes.

Anyways, I'm okay with any of the times because either way it'll cut into my dinner time. I'm EST so 3PDT = 6pm EST and my dinner starts anywhere from 6pm to 8pm (yes a large gap lol... depends when my bf gets home and/or when his parents get home and/or if my parents want to eat together). And, 6-8:30pdt means 9-11:30pm for me which, like Fair stated, conflict with my saturday night plans.

But if I were to choose, I would pick A over B still because I'm more of a night owl, going out with friends (especially Summer is arriving).

#42 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

Guys, stop pretending we all have lives.

We all know ds>life

^^

#43 dar2

dar2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

I vote A just because the time is more convenient to me. I totally understand how you feel tho Diene.
Slightly off topic but I wanted the BSQ time to start just a little bit later like around 5.30 or 6.00 PST so I can make it after work. 9-5 M-F job sucks =(

But I guess in the end their concern was they don't want to have an event where it's late at night in the east coast area.

PS: I'm neither in Soul or Ascension

Edited by dar2, 14 April 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#44 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

I'll vote A. East Coast person, and that time is best for me.

And could we stop with the personal attacks, please.

#45 XlucasX

XlucasX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

A.

#46 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

And could we stop with the conspiracy theories, please.

#47 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

And could we stop with the personal attacks, please.

I'm sorry, Yart T__T

#48 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Yah, I guess it's more convenient for people who need to stop playing early. It's 2am when you wrote this though! Why are you up at such an inconvenient time? D:

This suddenly means I have to start competing in EW at a different time because I couldn't possibly have anything better to do on the weekends, right? Lol.

#49 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

I chose A b/c that's the best time for me and b/c it won't interfere with current PvP League times, although I really don't see why there's any explanation necessary -- when you take a poll for the raw results like this (tallying up votes), you don't scrutinize every person's vote. You just add up the numbers and boom, you have your winner. The polls for the presidential race don't force you to explain "why" you voted for your candidate, you just pick your favorite (no matter how biased your vote may be), and it counts.

EDIT: Well, I suppose you did ask for reasons, but it's not like the reasons will really make much of a difference -- there are so many people who could vote on this that you'll have any number of reasons, each of which is valid to that particular individual (and perhaps others).

Edited by Rimmy, 14 April 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#50 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

The time may be inconvenient for you, but because the vast majority hasn't complained, that means most people are content with the way things are. We shouldn't even need to vote for [A], because as the side that wants change, you have to convince us why the time change would be better. There's a lack of arguments that can generalize the community as a whole. So far I've only seen personal reasons as to why [B] would be preferable.

You guys don't really want to force everyone to eat microwaved frozen dinners, do you?

This is what I see so far.
Arguments for A:

Already established time period.
Earlier time for EST players. Late night for younger players.
Doesn't interfere with community established PvP league.

Arguments for B:

One or more person(s) will no longer have to rush home to participate in EW. Allows people who work during the day to participate in EW.
Allows for more time during the day to do more productive or fun activities.
Ranking is pointless.
Frees up BSQ

Edited by to0n, 14 April 2011 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users