A subject of great taboo - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

A subject of great taboo

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#26 dar2

dar2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Your post actually have a lots of interesting idea that can be explore further. For example, the "Combo Timer". How about if we make it so if A deals continuous damage to B for 5 seconds (arbitrary number) and B deals 0 damage* to A during that duration (read: being locked), then B get immunity for 0.5 seconds (just another arbitrary number). Think of it like when you PVE and got smashed by environmental damage from rock or sword for example. This will give B a chance to escape or counter A, but it will keep the "FLOW" going. It will also address your concern about healing.

EDIT: *revenge damage or damage from meteor earring should be excluded

And make this feature optional just like "Use Item" or "Block Dash Jump".

#27 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

You misunderstand if you think I (or whoever else you include in the PvP Elite) want things to stay the same. At least for me, far from it. The core issues with the class balance in itself is what needs to be addressed, and a combo timer as you suggest appears to be a very cumbersome fix that would take a great amount of time to program, test, reprogram, apply, and then have potential backlash to a company that already is viewed as incompetent.

It may be pessimistic of me, but I'm doubtful of Barunson's interest in balancing their game. They turn a blind eye to many issues constantly brought up again and again in different versions of Dragonica.

Edit: All the glitches Sheol refers to, in addition to many many more.

Edited by Midoof, 14 April 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#28 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Actually, disregard that. Lets all just make pallies and get it over with.

#29 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

I can express my thoughts all I want, but it'll never affect what Barunson decides to do.
Warpportal will try to do certain things and Barunson will deny it.

First off, equipment enchantment scales exponentially. If you've ever experienced high level PvP, it's the most boring POS ever. No one dies because there's bound to be at least one mage with a heal. The high survivability puts this game at a slower pace. The reason we do Naked PvP is because it prevents you from being risky, you have to work harder as a team. Old PvP used to actually be like this, without the need to remove gears. The gap between cash/farmed players is so vastly far from casual players there is no chance for them to compete.

In terms of PvP mechanics, there are SO MANY BUGS. Trap walking, squiggle dashing, AAS escaping (Not using the actual term to prevent new people from learning it), lag walking etc. Now sometimes, glitches can improve the gameplay, but in this case, it does not.
The combination of Dash and Squiggle jumps makes it almost impossible to chase a person down.
There is a way to escape AAS and it can also occur accidentally by having an extremely bad computer.
Lag walking is obvious.
Animation canceling through the usage of skills. Example, RA vs Wolf Rush casted at the same time. RA hits, but the animation of casting Wolf Rush negates the launch. Wolf Rush will then launch the RA user. This can happen with other scenarios as well and may have different outcomes such as a stalemate. Nonetheless, annoying.
Skills cast on the walls appear in a different location.

Now for skills, the numbers really need to be adjusted. Some skills do way too much damage, heal way too much, have too long of a cooldown, etc. I'd rather not name them all because almost all skills are balanced horribly. Then we have skills that have been nerfed to the ground and become useless (Aerial Kick), while the useful skills keep getting stronger (Crosscut). Again, I can't rant all day but it won't change anything.

I can only really touch base with you on what I'm familiar with, I am strictly a priest player. Healing/DPS is all I do on this game. Would a decrease in HP restoration coupled with making healing skills cast by % of MP make priests a bit more fair?

#30 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

I can only really touch base with you on what I'm familiar with, I am strictly a priest player. Healing/DPS is all I do on this game. Would a decrease in HP restoration coupled with making healing skills cast by % of MP make priests a bit more fair?

I think maybe a higher CD would also work.

#31 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

I think maybe a higher CD would also work.

The problem would be, is there a way to implement 2 different cool-downs for both PvE and PvP. My personal biggest beef is AAS. I think there should be a heat gauge for that, you know what I mean? Once it peaks no more shots for a while?

#32 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

Problems with Shamans:
Heals become too effective with higher gear.
Lack of good offensive skills. Spamming X to do damage? Retarded.
Lacks synergy with Air combo classes.
Their disables are almost useless.
Before frog was extremely important. It could be used to disable one or more opponents while the team focused on the unhexed person.

Right now, heals aside, all I see Shamans viable for is curing their teammates.

Edited by to0n, 14 April 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#33 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

Problems with Shamans:
Before frog was extremely important. It could be used to disable one or more opponents while the team focused on the unhexed person.

I would pretty much agree with all of this. Does anyone have anything else to add?

#34 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

The problem would be, is there a way to implement 2 different cool-downs for both PvE and PvP. My personal biggest beef is AAS. I think there should be a heat gauge for that, you know what I mean? Once it peaks no more shots for a while?

Interesting idea.

#35 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Problems with Shamans:

Yep, stated much more elegantly than I did.

#36 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Problems with Shamans:

IMO, this is by far the biggest downer in playing a shaman/priest/invoker/whateveryouwannacall'em.

It's incredibly vexing to watch classes like thieves using a 95% stun chance Rocket Punch, warriors using an instant-catch Sword Dance, and archers using huge-AoE launches (+ AAS) to essentially catch opponents with every well-aimed attempt, while invokers are forced to spam Barbarian and Witch's Curse 5+ times before they finally achieve a (short-lived) successful freeze or frog.

Even more vexing is the fact that once we *finally* achieve success with one of those skills, our options for keeping opponents locked down long enough to deal decent damage to them are pathetic. Spark Rock used to be great in this regard, WITHOUT being a cheap infinite lock, but they nerfed that. Even Magnet has been nerfed to the point that most classes can escape it or stand right next to it and not get drawn in (b/c of some stupid AoE nerf). Oh, and did I mention that pallies can Barricade and stroll right out of it?

Heck, even WMs have it better off than us in at least some respects: When they catch someone with Blizzard or Penguin, 9 times out of 10 the target stays locked for at least 10-15 seconds unless it's an evade-stacker.

Bottom line: Barbarian and Witch's Curse need to be changed to work off of full Aim Rate instead of a flat rate, b/c they are -- as Toon said -- basically useless as they are now. Every time you use them, you're more likely to get caught yourself than you are to catch your opponent, even if you catch them off-guard or hit them point-blank. It's just stupid.

/endrant

But that's getting off topic. I have to agree with Midoof and Toon -- skills need to be fixed first before you consider any other changes to PvP whatsoever.

Edited by Rimmy, 14 April 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#37 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

They need to fix all the stupid glitches and "lag tricks" you can do before they even bother trying to balance anything.

Oh, and they need to stop giving dragoons/sentinels more OP skills every major patch they introduce.

#38 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

They need to fix all the stupid glitches and "lag tricks" you can do before they even bother trying to balance anything.

Oh, and they need to stop giving dragoons/sentinels more OP skills every major patch they introduce.

Lol, yeah, I read something about a lightning trap that stuns. That'd be pretty crazy.

#39 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Lol, yeah, I read something about a lightning trap that stuns. That'd be pretty crazy.

Lightning Rod = Really -_-ing dumb.

#40 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

I'd like to talk about those glitches, but I really don't want to expose them to more people.

Also I'm really sorry guys. It's my fault Priests got nerfed.
Every new class I main gets nerfed to high hell.

Edited by Miname, 14 April 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#41 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

sigh

#42 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

Lightning Rod = Really -_-ing dumb.

This. x235908340698340968.

#43 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

sigh

LOL! How long does that thing last!?

#44 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Oh, and I also agree that Paladins should stop being so GD OP.

#45 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

sigh

Oh god.

#46 Idiocy

Idiocy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

I tried PvP a few times.

Got locked permanently in a combo.

Decided to never bother with that crap again.

Worst PvP mechanics I have ever seen in any game ever.

#47 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

I tried PvP a few times.

Got locked permanently in a combo.

Decided to never bother with that crap again.

Worst PvP mechanics I have ever seen in any game ever.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our common player on Dragon Saga. This is what we need to aim to fix.

#48 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our common player on Dragon Saga. This is what we need to aim to fix.

People make up their own set of relatively fair PVP rules that apply to 1v1/group pvp. I can't remember them, being an Invoker I just memorized the bit about not using IH. =.=

Midoof/Sheol/Etc know them well. Maybe somewhere we could post the rules to try to temporarily fix combat between players until WP/Gravity/WHOEVER gets it together.

Edit: If it hasn't been done already.

Edited by Chrysanthemum, 14 April 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#49 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

that is what it was like while i was playing my invoker. then i made a pally and now laugh at people.

#50 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

wow that lightning trap lame. they're making the class i enjoy playing poopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users