Sunglasses [1] in Lucky Boxes - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Sunglasses [1] in Lucky Boxes

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#26 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

Make Slotted Elvens tradeable now. Thanks.

#27 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

sadface

#28 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

+1 to making slotted elvens tradable, :blink: I just made true sight elvens not too long ago, but would have been more than happy to wait on that if i knew sunnies[1] were in lucky boxes a month later.

#29 Hirosama

Hirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Honestly Gravity? We already have Slotted Sunnies trickling onto the server. Adding one more pair is not going to hurt the economy much at all. Every item thats on the server should be transferrable from the other servers, considering slotted sunnies are on the valk server now they should be allowed to be transferred to Valk, from any server! You have no excuse to not allow it. ESPECIALLY since the player paid for the service.

#30 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Someone said they are account bound. Anyone have confirmation?

#31 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

tradable

#32 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Slotted Sunnies are not Sacred. They were to the Dev team, but not to the players. We have LOTS of Sunnies in the game, but mostly on unused accounts. it is a powerful item, but most of its "brokenness" has been dealt with, players can readily slot Elven Ears, that was the first stage in getting players to devalue the sSunnies in the market. They NEVER should have been worth billions, we are trying to fix that by reintroducing them.

The Kafra shop is not a new option, Luckyboxes have been around for about 2.5 years now, and they will continue as they are a built in part of our Kafra shop cycle. With the Lucky box and other updates we are trying to push we hope to have more and more new stuff cycling in and hour of the Kafra shop. You certainly don't have to purchase, if it isn't something you want or want to budget for, that is fine, but it needs to be offered else the game will not earn what is necessary to cover its cost and no one wins when that happens.

Yes Sunnies are new to the kafra shop, but they certainly aren't new to the game. I expect someday in-game methods of acquiring will turn up or methods for a different slotted midgear.

#33 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

We will review the transfer restrictions in a month to see what feedback is given. Right now the sSunnies are still restricted, as is Ghostring Card even though all servers have them.

#34 ShadowOfLoki

ShadowOfLoki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Ymir (missing Loki)

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

If you wanted to do that, Heim, then there should've been a variant of the Spiritual Auger to have a chance to slot regular Sunglasses. o_o;

Still, thanks for reintroducing them. There goes my paycheck... ^_^;

#35 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

I expect someday in-game methods of acquiring will turn up or methods for a different slotted midgear.

I think I just wet myself. o_o

#36 Teknologik

Teknologik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

We will review the transfer restrictions in a month to see what feedback is given. Right now the sSunnies are still restricted, as is Ghostring Card even though all servers have them.

This is great to hear. I'm not super familiar with Ghostring but I don't think eSunnies would effect things negatively enough to cause any problems.

#37 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Even slotted sunnies are fine, I'm just sad you chose to reintroduce the MvP boxes :blink:

#38 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

but makes me wonder what the point was for account-bound slotted elven ears though

people definitely would have waited for slotted sunnies and skipped the elvens if they knew this would happen

Grat, you answered your own question. It was meant to get sales at the time. Kind of like that Crappy Lower headgear they milked people for with like 1 luk then a month later introduce another lower headgear with 2 luk and mdef. Now I just skip every other box/item event as I assume they will do something better and better each time to make more $$$.

However, I will be throwing $20 @ my chance of getting some s.sunnies. I know I will get all buff scrolls but owell.

#39 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yes Sunnies are new to the kafra shop, but they certainly aren't new to the game. I expect someday in-game methods of acquiring will turn up or methods for a different slotted midgear.

I'd just like to jump on that last bit and suggest you put them back into Old Purple Boxes at w/e the old rate was since it was extremely rare, and also s.glasses for good measure :blink:

@everyone else

seriously whats the big deal? what gamebreaking thing are you protesting against? kRO reversed and adopted slotted midgears YEARS ago. The amount of s.sunnies that come from these boxes will probably be less than 10% of the total s.sunnies on semi-active (i.e. someone still has access to the acc) on Ymir.

The only real protests i've seen so far are the "poor me!" ones, i.e. I paid 2bil for s.sunnies XX months ago, I put my MP or AA into elvens etc etc. Slotted elvens do everything sunnies do in terms of "game-breaking" functionality, which is pretty much nil. MVP cards you say? not an issue. Theres already more than enough s.sunnies prior to this event to cover existing and future MVP cards for years to come.

#40 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

Even slotted sunnies are fine, I'm just sad you chose to reintroduce the MvP boxes :blink:

theres a patch coming out from kRO that shows where the MVP died and what time it did

#41 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

The management broke the game years ago with the first lucky boxes. No matter what they do today, they can't break the game because it's already broken. Don't think they'll fix it either. Enjoy your broken game.

#42 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

theres a patch coming out from kRO that shows where the MVP died and what time it did

I'm aware! But convexes are broken in the fact that it gives you the location as well as the time of death. If all it did was give you the time of spawn, it wouldn't be so bad.

#43 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

the problem people have with this is not that it's OP or broken (slotted elvens already changed the game).

it's because in oldschool-players(socalled "old/returning heros") minds the sunnies are the last old godlike superb-equip that isn't a mvp card or a god item.

DR/GR/MP already got devalued with MCA & OCA & Renewal. +8/9/10 gear is a joke. Even SGH was in boxes, even slotted.
Now Sunnies! Next is...

#44 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

Next are god items :blink: I don't care what the GMs say (Oh no~ we'll never ever put those in boxes!~), you just know it'll happen eventually. Well it "kind of" happened I guess, with SGH huh.

Edited by Forzando, 15 April 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#45 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

gr/dr wasnt even a problem from mcas or even the oca npc, sunnies is not that big of a deal since they put in elvens. the biggest thing prob is putting 800x kvm medals in conjunction with the safe upgrade from +4 npc. everyone and their mom already had gr/drs, but now everyone and their mom have gear that they normally would not even be near getting with normal farming

90% of the suras on either server, if they didnt have a +9 kvm fist to play with, wouldnt even know how to utilize their other skills well and be that effective, same can be said about other classes

now it's just a who cares tho, they can put more and more stuff in boxes cause it's a given they will make these decisions

Edited by Andini, 15 April 2011 - 08:59 AM.

#46 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

it was bound to happen

but makes me wonder what the point was for account-bound slotted elven ears though

people definitely would have waited for slotted sunnies and skipped the elvens if they knew this would happen

kind of a bummer and disappointing on gravity's part

They satisfy different consumers. Slotted sunnies will still be a bit more expensive, until they offer them repeatedly. Elvens are like the no-frills version and are account bound.

like? and? i thought not...

MVP cards. :blink:

#47 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

I also do believe slotted elvens should be made tradeable, as I for one thing prefer elvens to sunnies in terms of character sprite, and since they are otherwise - in terms of game mechanics - essentially the same.

#48 LyNx12

LyNx12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Way back when, GM's where so concerned about server economies they would roll back servers if anything disrupted it. GM's dont care about the economy anymore, if u can walk down prontera and see someone sellign 230 mummy cards and they arent auto banned it speaks pretty loudly. The last 2 months I've witnessed a complete market crash in Valkyrie server. much like the global recession we are all going through. Valkyrie in general is broke all the players have like no zeny and the billionairs have everything they need so wont be re distrubtin wealth through buying.

Major changes to the game used to sit on a free to play Sakray server and would get tested for 6 motnhs before release(making players pay to beta test didnt happen then) there is so much broken on the game and instead of providing a solid gamming expierence they try and WOW us with items they know we have wanted forever. Cheap quick fixes have got ragnarok to where it is now, where even the core group of players have quit or are upset.

iRO open beta had 12k people each on chaos and loki, 8 years of computer advancement and lag has gotten worse we dont even get reinforced servers in WoE time.. We want quality game play and goals to get there not more plans for items.

Spend your money on advertisement to increase player base and the money will be there, the average MMO'er has no idea what ragnarok is or that it even has a f2p option. Even packaging the new Arch Bishop doll with a software copy of ragnarok and WP points and Selling them in Best Buy and Walmart would get the name out there better, this word of mouth thing isnt working.

#49 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

Way back when, GM's where so concerned about server economies they would roll back servers if anything disrupted it. GM's dont care about the economy anymore, if u can walk down prontera and see someone sellign 230 mummy cards and they arent auto banned it speaks pretty loudly. The last 2 months I've witnessed a complete market crash in Valkyrie server. much like the global recession we are all going through. Valkyrie in general is broke all the players have like no zeny and the billionairs have everything they need so wont be re distrubtin wealth through buying.

Actually, the value of zeny on Valkyrie crashed because Gravity banned nearly all of the zeny farmers' bots several weeks ago, and prevented them from returning until last week.

Edited by richard, 12 February 2012 - 03:07 AM.

#50 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I was thinking of a buff item that gives the "power of [item]" for 5 minutes. Like coating a shield in the essence of GTB, or your waist in Magingiorde essence.

Would give players a chance to "sample" such gears before deciding if they really want to invest in trying to acquire them and would lower the absurd price those items now have. At some point the number of 0s don't mean anything, there is nothing the game offers that would soak that much zeny from such a character, it ends up being a bigger burden keeping track that being useful. God items should be sought after due to how it helps you, not in how much you can get for it.

Odd mental exercise, how different would woe be if god item pieces were NOT tradable, IE the guild leader picking up is the only way to make that item happen, they would have to migrate castles to get what they want, but would that be a good thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users