Sunglasses [1] in Lucky Boxes - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Sunglasses [1] in Lucky Boxes

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#51 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

That's actually fairly interesting, depending on how those "trial" items would be implemented.

#52 LyNx12

LyNx12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Actually, the value of zeny on Valkyrie crashed because Gravity banned nearly all of the zeny farmers' bots several weeks ago and prevented them from returning until last week.

players zeny crashed not bots. and long before the mass banning,

#53 LyNx12

LyNx12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

I was thinking of a buff item that gives the "power of [item]" for 5 minutes. Like coating a shield in the essence of GTB, or your waist in Magingiorde essence.

Would give players a chance to "sample" such gears before deciding if they really want to invest in trying to acquire them and would lower the absurd price those items now have. At some point the number of 0s don't mean anything, there is nothing the game offers that would soak that much zeny from such a character, it ends up being a bigger burden keeping track that being useful. God items should be sought after due to how it helps you, not in how much you can get for it.

Odd mental exercise, how different would woe be if god item pieces were NOT tradable, IE the guild leader picking up is the only way to make that item happen, they would have to migrate castles to get what they want, but would that be a good thing?

Would rather a castle in woe1 to be trans only, would distribute god items more evenly along server. aswell as opening alot of content for players that would have no hope to woe half decently for 16-30 lvls.

Also bring back rewards for defending castles through sucessful WoE's its especially hard to defend now, and would give more meaning to woe where investing into econ and defense would make sense. might make some guilds pool resources more on a single castle defence and give more room for other guilds to hold a castle.

Edited by LyNx12, 15 April 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#54 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

I was thinking of a buff item that gives the "power of [item]" for 5 minutes. Like coating a shield in the essence of GTB, or your waist in Magingiorde essence.

I believe pRO has such items. something like "power of Ghostring card" and other mvp cards

I'm not sure if you would want to go the path pRO took... they seem like the most broken server ever

#55 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

Yeah pRO sounds horribly broken. I heard they have acid bombs in cash shop? :X yeeesh. Broken server is broken?

#56 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

http://ragnarok.leve....ph/main/?cat=4

Take a scroll through the item mall to see how terribly broken pRO is. I'm afraid iRO may be heading down the same path...

Yes, they have acid bombs and bottle grenades in the kafra shop. They even have some form of "permanent lucky boxes" that can give you mvp cards...

Devil Scroll
Devil Scroll A darkness gift from an evil. Handle with care in opening it. Don�??t provoke the evil. Weight: 1 **Random items** Evil Wing Book Of Devil Ears of Devil�??s Wing Petite DiablOfs Wing Pet Egg Scroll1 Deviling Card Pet Egg Scroll Box1 Succubus Horn

Phoenix Scroll
A scroll that imbued with spirit of legendary Phoenix from Rune-Midgard Kingdom.
Weight : 1
Random item inside:
Ulle Cap (player broadcast)
Mask Of Ifrit Box (player broadcast)
Ifrit Card (player broadcast)

Baphomet Horns Box
A box containing 1 �??Baphomet Horns�?? in it. A headgear made from the horns of Baphomet. Inflicts 12% more damage to Demi Human. Increase certain amount of ATK based on wearer�??s Job Level Class

Acid Bomb Box
A box with 10 Fire Bottles and 10 Acid Bottles inside. Weight: 1

Edited by igzz, 15 April 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#57 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Odd mental exercise, how different would woe be if god item pieces were NOT tradable, IE the guild leader picking up is the only way to make that item happen, they would have to migrate castles to get what they want, but would that be a good thing?

Interesting idea. I think for game balance sake, to make god pieces untradable, reduce their drop rate, and make creation much easier. The first two are to make the process equally long, the last is to make it all worth doing. I also think that this really works best for 1.0 pieces.

(Also this should be a stickied new topic)

Edited by Scuba, 15 April 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#58 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

If you make god item pieces untradable, what will top tier players spend their zeny on? Clearly they're not all going to go off and make their own guilds as most of them are already established in their own guilds already.

#59 LazyStevz

LazyStevz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

If you make god item pieces untradable, what will top tier players spend their zeny on? Clearly they're not all going to go off and make their own guilds as most of them are already established in their own guilds already.

Well, that's the possible trade off. Many want God items, non-high tier players included, in particular the painful waiting period to get one. If making the items themselves is easier then it will encourage more people to participate in WoE rather than rely on someone else to gather the item(s) and sell. Would be interesting what alliances and antagonists will appear. :(

As for the economy. It looks like it's still dropping and that is a good thing in my book. Gives long returning and new players some glimmer of hope before some crazy guy decides it's too cheap. The bots may still be there but they're not as effective as before.

Edited by LazyStevz, 15 April 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Would give players a chance to "sample" such gears before deciding if they really want to invest in trying to acquire them and would lower the absurd price those items now have. At some point the number of 0s don't mean anything, there is nothing the game offers that would soak that much zeny from such a character, it ends up being a bigger burden keeping track that being useful. God items should be sought after due to how it helps you, not in how much you can get for it.

Lol that wouldn't be used to "sample" it'd be abused so nobody needed the ingame item anymore.

I dont like that WoE idea, being able to trade with guildleaders helps alliances function and besides which, why would anyone want their pieces bound on their gum slave account?

#61 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

I was thinking of a buff item that gives the "power of [item]" for 5 minutes. Like coating a shield in the essence of GTB, or your waist in Magingiorde essence. Would give players a chance to "sample" such gears before deciding if they really want to invest in trying to acquire them and would lower the absurd price those items now have. At some point the number of 0s don't mean anything, there is nothing the game offers that would soak that much zeny from such a character, it ends up being a bigger burden keeping track that being useful. God items should be sought after due to how it helps you, not in how much you can get for it.

I'm sorry, I've never heard of a worse idea in my life. GTB and Meg scrolls? Are we really going to start going down the path of pRO where they sell MvP cards and :( on their kafra shop? Nobody needs to "sample" what they do. Everybody knows what they do. And to be blunt, anybody who doesn't know what they do probably can not afford it either. Absurd prices? There is a reason why such items are so expensive, because they are overpowered in their own way. I highly urge you to never go down this road or think of such ideas. That is all.

Edited by Hrishi, 15 April 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#62 Thyrial

Thyrial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

I've heard of some ridiculous ideas before Heim but really no matter how you'd implement such items there's no way they'd be a good thing. Those items are hard to get/rare for a REASON. Anyone who has the zeny to buy one of those items KNOWS what they can do. All it would do is cause crazy balance issues with no real benefit.

#63 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

I don't see the problem here. I have no problem with Billy Joe Bob over there buying lucky boxes so he can have a pair of special sunnies like mine.

And yes, I am a returning old player.

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 15 April 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#64 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

It is interesting the different views on things. I personally think a limited acquirement item that gives a temp buff that is "like" ghostring, GTB or god items (or even a lower level instead of +40 str it is +20) to be of use in castle defense/siege I would think it would add an interesting dynamic.

Sort of the way turbo pots are strategic use (or at least used to be). Do you really think that a temp equalizing via a consumable would hurt the permanent always on item? Or is it a feeling of I don't want others to feel as awesome ever as I do all the time when I play? I am not trying to troll here, seriously I am actually very curious on this.

The WoE 1 item thought isn't something I am trying to push, but it is an interesting mental excercise, it would give more "umphh" to WPS tokens for buying god item pieces or pushing defense. The WPS tokens became too much a time killer for us, and it wasn't actually doing what WPS was intended to do. If there aren't fights going on, why should we reward the "win" it became just an extra currency we were giving away rather than a well earned reward like it was intended.

Us monitoring every woe, every castle every server isn't viable, we just don't have the manpower to do it, and then use our observations to reward "effort" and then think that it is "fair" as I know we would miss sometimes. I want to take you all to a neat place where WoE is fun for all classes, items and strategy and practice all come to play in your winning in defense and offense, and I want the rewards of doing it not be something that greatly influences the economy, but instead the combat is its own reward and the items you get are sought after by the guild members to use. Part of the seal quests, and treasure balancing, and class skill patching all play some part in this, but the hurdle that is highest is changing the feelings of long term players from feeling they "deserve" to get everything handed to them via WoE participation and get it to be a I earned what I got because of my efforts and my friends. The 2nd feeling is one that is sustainable indefinitely, players will flock and thrive in such an environment, but I need help from the game leaders, which often is the guild leaders.

#65 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

It is interesting the different views on things. I personally think a limited acquirement item that gives a temp buff that is "like" ghostring, GTB or god items (or even a lower level instead of +40 str it is +20) to be of use in castle defense/siege I would think it would add an interesting dynamic. Sort of the way turbo pots are strategic use (or at least used to be). Do you really think that a temp equalizing via a consumable would hurt the permanent always on item? Or is it a feeling of I don't want others to feel as awesome ever as I do all the time when I play? I am not trying to troll here, seriously I am actually very curious on this.

The point is that people with such items have worked to afford them/find them through camping an MvP for a long time/etc. Having them gifted to people who buy kafra points is something most will not stand for. Also most of these items are borderline overpowered. You want to increase their amount? Honestly do you really think balance will happen if people can enchant their gears with god items from the kafra shop? This is just pushing the pay-to-win concept. It's got nothing to do with how "awesome" or anything.

#66 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

I don't like that GTB idea at all, and I don't even own one of those damn things. DO not make us become another pRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Trixdee, 15 April 2011 - 08:13 PM.

#67 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hey guys, I'm thinking of something really cool that would give you a super buff in exchange for your wallet.

That's how i interpreted this.

#68 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

LOL yeah.

#69 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Wow. You know what'd be cool Heim ? To be able to sample GM-only items. Do it.

#70 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Yeah :( Let us make GM characters for 100 dollars each XD

#71 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:15 AM

It is interesting the different views on things. I personally think a limited acquirement item that gives a temp buff that is "like" ghostring, GTB or god items (or even a lower level instead of +40 str it is +20) to be of use in castle defense/siege I would think it would add an interesting dynamic.

I don't want to see iRo following the path of other Ro's in terms of baby spooning players with high end-game rewards. Such things are meant to be earned through hard-work. Even if they are at their half power I still wouldn't like it. I would rather have players work for their stuff. If you want, you can make the process easier but it will still require work. For god items, fix the seal quests and for mvp cards just implement an MvP summoner with longer reuse delay. If players wish to make an item they need to be sure their questing wont be wasted at the last step and here where you should fix it mostly. And if they want an MvP card that bad they can just farm materials and access the summoner and HOPE a card drops. Simply, make your players earn their things.

#72 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

Don't make fun of him, he's just sharing suggestions with us. Even if the idea has "pop your credit cards out" written all over it, it's still an idea that we can discuss without going apesh:t over.

I agree with the rest, these "Demi-God items for a buck" scrolls are stupid to put in, it's gonna end up with mvp cards in the end.

I'd like to see something that promotes working ingame for something. It's like WoE 1.0 gear now, the fight for them are really high up there and the quests are very long.
It's not really something I'd like to do. I'd rather go for items that bring tactical advantages or alternatives in war, rather than "pop this and run over a guild".

#73 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

Sort of the way turbo pots are strategic use (or at least used to be). Do you really think that a temp equalizing via a consumable would hurt the permanent always on item? Or is it a feeling of I don't want others to feel as awesome ever as I do all the time when I play? I am not trying to troll here, seriously I am actually very curious on this.

The WoE 1 item thought isn't something I am trying to push, but it is an interesting mental excercise, it would give more "umphh" to WPS tokens for buying god item pieces or pushing defense. The WPS tokens became too much a time killer for us, and it wasn't actually doing what WPS was intended to do. If there aren't fights going on, why should we reward the "win" it became just an extra currency we were giving away rather than a well earned reward like it was intended.

Us monitoring every woe, every castle every server isn't viable, we just don't have the manpower to do it, and then use our observations to reward "effort" and then think that it is "fair" as I know we would miss sometimes. I want to take you all to a neat place where WoE is fun for all classes, items and strategy and practice all come to play in your winning in defense and offense, and I want the rewards of doing it not be something that greatly influences the economy, but instead the combat is its own reward and the items you get are sought after by the guild members to use. Part of the seal quests, and treasure balancing, and class skill patching all play some part in this, but the hurdle that is highest is changing the feelings of long term players from feeling they "deserve" to get everything handed to them via WoE participation and get it to be a I earned what I got because of my efforts and my friends. The 2nd feeling is one that is sustainable indefinitely, players will flock and thrive in such an environment, but I need help from the game leaders, which often is the guild leaders.

Heim I hate to be blunt but you hardly have ANY IDEA HOW ANYTHING IN THIS GAME FUNCTIONS. Not terribly against MVP herp derp scrolls but they should maybe only work for a limited time... like either you use them in the next 2 weeks or they are useless? It shouldn't be something that can be stockpiled endlessly. Having a whole parties with unlimited pay to win gtb effect would be kinda garbage.

It really comes down to what your idea of "temporary" is. Is temporary press my hotkey I paid 5 dollars for every 5 minutes? or is temporary also LIMITED(not by your cashflow)

#74 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:41 AM

Maybe that temp GTB effect was a joke. I hope so.

And before anyone says slotted sunnies and GTB scrolls are no different, educate yourselves.

#75 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

Don't worry. Everybody knows I am the only one who trolls here :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users