Why the Hi-Lvl req for Survivors Manteau? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why the Hi-Lvl req for Survivors Manteau?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

I was wondering why the Survivor's Manteau level requirement is so high. I mean the Weapon for the set only needs level 24 so why should the garment need level 75? I mean this set wasn't even that good pre-renewal and now it's still not that great. I mean by wearing the garment you give up the ability to use a card there as well unlike with others. I just hope we could reduce the level requirement for this down to 24 so you could use it right away with the weapon because by the time you get to level 75 too many other staffs are better to use.

I mean sheesh the Soul Staff which gives +200 Magic attack can be used at level 73 for a comparison.

I mean keep in mind that yes the Manteau gives great neutral damage reduction of 3% * upgrade to +10 (3%-30%) but remember this can only be used by Mage classes and Soul Linkers. I mean does anyone see a potential for abuse here? oh yeah super tank mage right...:blink:

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2509/
http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1472/

Edited by EvilLoynis, 15 April 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

oh yeah super tank mage right...:blink:

Scholar/sorcerers are one of the best tanks. On top of other reductions, you get energy coat, plus kaahi + indulge for infinite HP/SP.

Just level a bit more, level 75 is not high level at all. You might not be able to make 19-9 then 1-99 trans in a week like some people, but reaching level 75 should still be doable in a few days.

I would like more changing things the other way around. Rebalancing the levels of weapons and gears for renewal.

Why are there level 1 and 2 weapons if you can wear level 3 and 4 weapons after a few hours of starting the game? And anyways, the eden gear is superior to those level 1,2 and 3 npc weapons and free?

Even during your stay in training grounds, you are given 3 different weapons and 2 different armors before you touch your first monster. Then another weapon after your first poring. Isn't that too much?

I feel that we could use some bonuses like apple ring for third clases do, in order to encourage all weapons being somewhat worth using:

Level 1 weapons are usable by everyone, and give +10 to every stat and a +20 atk bonus, stats and bonus is reduced by 1 every 3 levels.

Level 2 weapons are usable by charas level 30 and up, and again, give stats +10 and atk bonus again reduced every 3 levels

Level 3 weapons are usable starting level 60, and finally, level 4 weapons become usable at level 90.

Eden weapons would have no stats or atk bonus, but are free and can be used at earlier levels if you wish...

#3 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

I mean I mean I mean I mean I mean...

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

Level 75 is pretty low level in renewal... You can get there real fast if you drive on it. Like at 75, you're just reaching the point where you start to function like your second job is supposed to...

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 April 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#5 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Yes yes but the fact is that by that level you start to use way better gears namely because the wand becomes outdated and without that this sucks donkey balls.

For instance at level 73 I will be switching to my +7 Soul Staff unless something incredible happens. I just hate the fact that by the time you consider using the set that better wands come out to make the bonus's not that great really.

I mean really compare these

1 Handed, +5 Survivors Rod [1]
+120 Magic Attack, +3 Int, +400 HP
+ 300 HP, Neutral Damage -12% when paired with the +4 Manteau (Both upgraded to safety limit so no extra damage from staff it just eliminates the -5% penalty to damage)

Or a 2 Handed, +5 Soul Staff
+200 Magic Attack, +5 Int, +2 Agi
+2 Dex, +6% Magic Damage, -5% Variable Cast Time when paired with Spiritual Ring (Staff upgraded to +5)

Yes with the first you can still where a shield but that is not really that big a deal for most Mage/Wizzie/Sage Classes really. an easy 80 Magic Attack difference here not to mention reduced cast time which is always helpful.

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

My opinion would be: if there is something clearly better according to you, why don't you just use it ^^;?

There are lots of worthless weapons, I mean have you seen people killing with a knife when they could be using a damascus? or with a great bow when they could use a gakkung at least?

#7 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

My opinion would be: if there is something clearly better according to you, why don't you just use it ^^;?

There are lots of worthless weapons, I mean have you seen people killing with a knife when they could be using a damascus? or with a great bow when they could use a gakkung at least?

survivor sets still good in renewal though O_O

#8 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

There are better rods than the Survivor ones.

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:16 AM

According to him, survivor set is so not worth it, he might as well use something 'better', nu?

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

It's not that it's not a good set. It's just that I feel that Level 75 is a bit much to have to wait to use it. The Rod is great since it can start to be used at level 24. By the time your level 75 their are so many better staffs for Magic Attack that the slight bonus's offered by the addition of the Manteau are more than overwhelmed.

Take a look at all the weapons a Mage can use ranked by Magic Attack here. There would be even more when you go Sage or Wizard.

http://db.irowiki.or...&job=6&sort=4,2

Edited by EvilLoynis, 16 April 2011 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users