dear GMs, What are the chances of... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

dear GMs, What are the chances of...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hitotsu

Hitotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

I was wondering if I could get a realistic answer regarding the chances of us one day getting another chance to safely upgrade items to +7 and up with HD ores, like the first time this was introduced? its really difficult to gather KVM points, and extremely easy to fail an upgrade. those of us who missed out on that event are now severely handicapped compared to our peers of comparable level and equipment, just because they have a +9 KVM weapon and we dont. I was wondering if I should save the 2000 medals I have, or risk blowing it all on a failed upgrade. as I'm sure many are in this boat as well. thanks.

#2 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

I suggest you not breaking your kvm stuff. It's not worthy. = =

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:42 AM

You are certainly not impedded from getting your weapon easily. Like, you can buy enough boxes deppending how much money are you willing to spend, and get enough weapons on a day. You only need 3 weapons for a secure +9.

I think the people who actually played KVM then had to upgrade without any HD ore at all are the handicapped ones, seeing how all they invested in, for an awesome unique weapon is now supercommon and some people think it should be the norm.

Or actually, everyone trying to wear deffensive gear are the handicapped ones: since weapon attack power currently is much stronger than gear deffensive power, and even then, in upgrades weapons get increasingly stronger attack and gears get decreasingly less and less benefits from upgradees....

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

I was wondering if I could get a realistic answer regarding the chances of us one day getting another chance to safely upgrade items to +7 and up with HD ores, like the first time this was introduced? its really difficult to gather KVM points, and extremely easy to fail an upgrade. those of us who missed out on that event are now severely handicapped compared to our peers of comparable level and equipment, just because they have a +9 KVM weapon and we dont. I was wondering if I should save the 2000 medals I have, or risk blowing it all on a failed upgrade. as I'm sure many are in this boat as well. thanks.

It wasn't an event. It was a test and the community outcry made them change it.
It's still extremely good the way it is. Sometimes you have to take risks and this is one of those times.

#5 Hitotsu

Hitotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:40 AM

@kad

considering the ridiculous amount of money I used today to get enough for ONE weapon, I dont think its an option for me to try and get three. :x But say I'm getting it for an assassin, the general opinion is

+9 kvm katar = good assassin
anything less = crappy assassin and laughable

doesnt seem fair that of all the people playing this class, only the ones lucky enough, or can spend roughly 600 dollars for a weapon, can even do anything.

I know its impossible to ask those who already have one to pretend they didnt and imagine how we feel, so I'm not even going to respond to those people because it really is two different worlds, I really wonder why all the people started whining about this back when it happened, because putting a cap on it meant the people who had the weapons retain their edge, and only the lucky get to join them, if they kept a way to get to +7 without break, even if they made it somewhat hard to do (SOMETHING easier than farming 2000 medals on a dead BG system) then at the very least eventually everyone would be able to obtain what has become the 'standard' weapon :(

Maybe make some time consuming way to get KVM badges without having to rely on so many other people, so maybe if I grinded long enough I can get my 3 weapons with good old fashioned effort. Back in the day I never had that much zenny, so i HUNTED for all of my gear and cards :( You cant hunt this stuff.... you either have to organize a phalanx of people or spend ridiculous amounts of money.

Edited by Hitotsu, 16 April 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#6 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

I'm so sick of trying to get this KVM weapon it's ridiculous. There is a surplus of badges on players that want to sell them and I want to buy, but that's not OK for whatever reason.

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

@kad

considering the ridiculous amount of money I used today to get enough for ONE weapon, I dont think its an option for me to try and get three. :x But say I'm getting it for an assassin, the general opinion is

+9 kvm katar = good assassin
anything less = crappy assassin and laughable

doesnt seem fair that of all the people playing this class, only the ones lucky enough, or can spend roughly 600 dollars for a weapon, can even do anything.

I have seen good Gx without kvm katars and bad Gx with kvm katars. The gear is a huge advantage when you have it, but it doesn't make you good. I mean, if gear made the chara then other things like build or level or how you play wouldn't matter. Just plan to play without kvm gear if you don't have that gear yet, and slowly work towards it.

There are ways of obtaining max aspd with decent damage if that is what you want. It may require you to use other things like, aid bersek, enriched celermine, and other buffs or even foods. I feel that is balanced, I mean, I struggle in 2 rows of buff icons to reach max aspd in woe too, without EDP or nice damage weapons xP.

KVM weapons are really only good to 2 or 3 classes, and there is already easy ways to obtain them, and already ways for easy no-break risk methods. If anything is unfair, is that there are classes like sura or Gx benefiting of a dumb easy system while other classes get silly bonuses like

I mean, compare effects like

"Do +20% damage with double strafe in a 100 atk weapon" - Glorious Bow. Really, an orc archer bow does higher damage.
"Adds a 25% chance to cause bleed when using sightless mind" - Glorious Dagger. Oh noes, bleed (really bad in renewal). Oh, and everyone uses sightless mind xP!
"Int +5" - Yessh, I needed that int!. Bonus for +9 Glorious rapier.
"+5% damage, -5% cast time and delay" - Glorious arc wand
"Adds a chance to use heal when you use heal" - Glorious cure wand

Versus...

"Puts you at max aspd regardless of stat, plus increased crit plus increased damage from crit plus your regular +atk vs demihuman" -kvm katar
"Free zen after fury, bye bye renewal balancing fixed cast time of fist" - kvm fist

If anyone should complain, is the classes who are indeed handicapped because they don't have gear like yours to upgrade even if they wanted ^^;.

Edited by Kadnya, 16 April 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#8 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

I'm so sick of trying to get this KVM weapon it's ridiculous. There is a surplus of badges on players that want to sell them and I want to buy, but that's not OK for whatever reason.

Yeah I've had some people offer me KvM points but non-tradable :\ Wish they were like jRO.

#9 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Wait a second, who's planning on making a +7 KVM without dishing out a paycheck $$$?

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

I have seen good Gx without kvm katars and bad Gx with kvm katars. The gear is a huge advantage when you have it, but it doesn't make you good. I mean, if gear made the chara then other things like build or level or how you play wouldn't matter. Just plan to play without kvm gear if you don't have that gear yet, and slowly work towards it.

This is a true statement, but it is all the more reason to try to get the same equips as them to even the playing ground. In many cases, even if you were a better player than a person using a +9 KVM Katar/Fist it wouldn't matter due to the huge advantage said weapon grants them.

#11 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

If you have 3 KVM weapons, and intend to make one of them +7, you have a collective 69.1% chance of succeeding, using enriched metals. In my opinion, that's not very secure.

That is to say, while I'd be upset if I lost one KVM due to breaking, investing three and thinking "Oh one of them will probably make it", and having them all fail would make me completely irate. And there's a 30% chance of that happening-- enough that you can't safely say it won't happen.

If you're not using enriched oridecon, you have a 26% chance of succeeding, or a 74% chance of having all three fail.

That's presuming you can feasible accumulate 6000 KVM Badges

#12 Hitotsu

Hitotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

exactly, its a lot harder than the people who already have their KVM try to say it is, and its so easy for them to say it because they had the safety net :/

#13 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

exactly, its a lot harder than the people who already have their KVM try to say it is, and its so easy for them to say it because they had the safety net :/

I don't have a kvm weapon, plus I don't aim to get one because even at +9 it will be a bad weapon I won't be using. I doubt several other classes use KVM weapons too, so nupe.

Edit, I lied. I did use the safety net to get a +7 encyclopedia. Now I feel bad for lying :s.

Edited by Kadnya, 16 April 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#14 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

sometimes you just hafta make ur own combination of equips rather than relying on refining of what seems to look good and great. you may never kno that a quad malicious dagger can save ur life than +9kvm in a situation where when you are mobbed. :(

#15 Hitotsu

Hitotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

well I mainly mean the suras RG's GX's warlocks scorcs and ...maybe bishops? I actually envy the classes who have crappy KVM weapons cause they dont need it, they just have to go hunt, or buy their best equip. Especially the sura/GX/RG and I think warlock, If you dont have a KVM, you're pretty much just a weaker version of the players who do, and theres nothing you can do to compare. from what I understand, even to the best "second choice" weapons, the bonus slaughter gives is already huge, and then we're not even counting GX and sura's special add-ons like aspd and free balls.

#16 Ignapp

Ignapp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

KVM weapons are unobtainable on Ygg unless you pay like 200$ for it (if you are lucky). Now, make it +7 is just too risky and +4 is useless, but some people made it on the previous ""event"" with only one KVM weapon and without any risk, and that's totally unfair. Al least make HDs work at +6.

#17 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

The initial HD implementation was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea, and should never happen again. +7 is hardly risky, its like 1/3 chance and theres plenty of KVM badges coming from box event since its a B class item.

Just because some people missed out on exploiting something, doesnt mean the exploit should then become standard gaming...balance and patches are for the good of the game, not the good of the individual.

Edited by Hrothmund, 17 April 2011 - 04:03 AM.

#18 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

I actually envy the classes who have crappy KVM weapons cause they dont need it, they just have to go hunt, or buy their best equip.

You could always immagine you are one of those classes and make do with whatever you have. That there are no better options doesn't mean we don't need better options, that is like saying "I envy dissabled people without arms or legs because then I wouldn't have to worry about choosing cool clothes because whatever you chose is going to look bad". Be happy there is an option to work towards it and work towards it.

Or do try playing other classes and see if you keep envying them.

Edited by Kadnya, 17 April 2011 - 04:20 AM.

#19 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

KVM badges Shouldn't be coming from box event!!
KVM badges Shouldn't be Hard.. too Hard .. Insane hard to farm.

I HATE KVM!! And i never ever going to Enter another KVM Matches again after i get MY LK his second Glorius ring....

#20 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

Hey I missed troy for fast leveling. Can we get it again?

It's the same concept. The original implementation was a terrible idea and I hope the GMs never do it again thanks.

#21 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

+7 is hardly risky, its like 1/3 chance and theres plenty of KVM badges coming from box event since its a B class item.

No offense, but you're seriously out of check with reality if you find a 1/3 chance on a 200$ weapon "fine".
Besides the fact you'll blow 600$ with likely no weapon to boot (as chance is involved) in the end, just to be able to compete with people that got it before?

Something has to be done, making people pay this much to have a shot at getting an on-par virtual item to be able to fight with others at an equal level is far past madness.
I understand gravity isn't a charity, but balance of the game is so far up it's own behind due to it, that currently, I'm questioning why I'm still playing as the level of difference has become so obvious.
I want to be able to get a decent amount of KVM from the real battles, but hey don't see that happening soon, I'm sure they're racking in big money with this box event.
Didn't you guys say you wouldn't take the "evil" road?

My guildies want me to spend this kind of money on a shot for a +9 KVM, but I can't afford it and even if I could I likely wouldn't, as in the end it has a lot of chance involved and 600$ could buy me a whole lot of other games.

#22 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

It is so unfair that with the lots of bloody branches there used to be in yucky boxes, some people have mvp cards. It is so unfair I think new players are at dissadvantage and we should make a killcount of porings to get mvp cards. I dream of an atroce mace and that sinx mvp card to use cloaking at will. Bishops with cloaking are better than bishops without cloaking.

If you feel that must play with +9 kvm items, then work towards your kvm items. If you don't want to work towards +9 kvm items, then play a class you think will be okish without +9 kvm items.

I do think there is something wrong with spending 600 dollars just for a weapon, but so far I don't see a case where you must spend that much because you must have that weapon. It is not required. It is a very nice advantage, yes, but it is not required. Yes, it will make your life a lots easier, but not having that item will not make your chara asplode.

The ideal fix would be to revert all those items, not to make more :(

Edited by Kadnya, 17 April 2011 - 05:20 AM.

#23 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:18 AM

So you enjoy how the game is becoming more and more about how much $ you drop than how good you are?
Also on the note of MVP cards you mentioned, Heimdallr said he is thinking about adding Kafra shop consumables that add GR and GTB effects for a short amount of time in WoE.

Anything obtainable in normal gameplay I don't mind, but cold hard cash and lots of it isn't really the currency I like to exchange just to beat a bad player that is more fortunate in real life.
Make KVM more attractive again and then I won't have a problem with these boxes, but currently doing KVM ingame is a joke with the horrible delay between fights.

#24 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

How can GM's make KVM more attractive if they keep sucking up the $ with KVM badges in boxes? Oh yeah, i never thought about this, making KVM badges more attractive, I get it now... I think. :(

#25 Hitotsu

Hitotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

yeah, 400 dollars and 3 KVM bloody roars, all broke at +5. I guess this is fair right? now I'm thoroughly discouraged from trying this again, and I have to live with my sin being "pottable" while some one can be a complete noob with a +9 and be able to kill people.

Suras can do their jobs without the fist.
RG's and anyone else who relies on damage can do theirs without their weapon as well.

For assassin however, the 193 aspd proc is the thing that makes the difference between a killer in woe, to a pottable annoyance who isnt really all that important to even pay attention to.

without a +9, GX's are jokes, and Its really sad that I have to be a joke cause I didnt have enough irl money to spam boxes during the "exploit" to gain kvm badges in time to do it.

Edited by Hitotsu, 24 April 2011 - 12:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users