• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ItsChris

ItsChris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

Some people think that we should have res as a skill, while others don't. I remember partying up at graveyard in Moonlight shore village, and we were at the final boss; one of our party members died and asked if I had res, and to my predicament, I replied no, because I felt this was a waste of SP that I'll probably use once in a blue moon. When we finished, they started to bombard me with questions, asking why I didn't have res, and that you should have res because you're a monk/priest/invoker and that it's important to have res, and that one of your primary roles as a monk/priest/invoker is to revive fallen teammates.

So I'm just wondering what the communities opinion on having resurrection is, and how many of you have it.

#2 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

i always have 1 point in it. You should try to keep your partys alive as best as possible, including helping them not waste feathers

#3 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

Eggs man. Easter eggs.

I use to have res for Drakos Paris. If the people you party with can't keep themselves alive (especially if you heal properly), you need to find new people. 40 skill points makes a world of difference in the end-game when deciding what to cut and what to keep when invokers are so strapped for points, especially if you do not do hunter g quests on a regular basis.

Edited by Midoof, 17 April 2011 - 03:50 AM.

#4 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

i dont see how you are strapped for points for end game. ive only done a handful of hunter g quests so i dont have an excess amount of extras and i have every skill i want and need, and even some i dont. Its useful if you play with people that are not super stacked, or trying to job advance and never done something like bone before and a death slips now and then.

#5 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

If you're mostly interested in PvE, then by all means drop some points into it for level 1 for emergency purposes. But if you're focused on PvP, you're going to have a hard time getting all the useful skills you need later on while still having points left over for Res (unless you farm a lot of Skill Forges), as Midoof said.

@Mico: That really depends on the role you like to play in PvP. If you're only going to focus on healing/curing and the occasional RoF or Spark Rock, sure, you don't really need extra SP. But if you want to have extra options (like max Wide Heal, max Chain Lightning, max HP Restore, max Magnet, max Wraith, etc.) then you'll find yourself coming up short without some SF farming. The 4th job skills are veeery expensive, especially if you want to get them both to level 5.

#6 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Ffff i need more SP :(

#7 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

To add on to Rim's list, even little things like max level Detection, max Staff Mastery, and the buff skills we get are all gray area skills that are useless in some/most situations but you'll love them when it comes to naked pvp (particularly Striking and Focus). In addition, a goal that competitive invokers should aim for is to have lvl 9-10 Slow Heal, Barbarian, and Focus. These skills do not come cheap. Oh, don't forget the 4th job skills that Rim mentioned.

Edited by Midoof, 17 April 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#8 ItsChris

ItsChris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

I mostly play pve with a little bit of pvp just for fun... but most of the time, I usually solo in pve. That's why I'm abit unsure whether to get res haha.

edit: thanks for all your replies btw.

Edited by ItsChris, 18 April 2011 - 04:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users