i cant log in to ragnarok, keeps saying failed to connect - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

i cant log in to ragnarok, keeps saying failed to connect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bxkid

Bxkid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Im trying to log into ragnarok and it keeps on saying that I failed to connect to server, my internet connection is fine, but it won't let me in, are the servers down or what?

#2 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Im trying to log into ragnarok and it keeps on saying that I failed to connect to server, my internet connection is fine, but it won't let me in, are the servers down or what?

Make sure you run the correct .exe (ragnarok.exe, under 'run as admin mode') so we know it is not a patching issue. For more help, try: http://forums.warppo...-april-6th-vip/
If you keep having problems connecting, please post this in the technical support section.

#3 Bxkid

Bxkid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

i know this may sound wierd, but you know how the text color where it says "patch process complete" is always black, for some reason mine is clear like, like it's slightly fading. I dont know if this really means anything, but when I fixed the connection issues using hte manual patch, it still doesnt work.

#4 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

I have no idea about the fading text... (update video driver? Disable Aero?) I doubt it's related but... Someone else will have to get back to you on that.

About connecting, is your firewall/router or something maybe blocking your connection?

#5 Bxkid

Bxkid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:22 AM

I have no idea about the fading text... (update video driver? Disable Aero?) I doubt it's related but... Someone else will have to get back to you on that.

About connecting, is your firewall/router or something maybe blocking your connection?

i turned off my firewall, my internet connection is fine, but it isn't working still
when i have my firewall on, i checked gravity as an exception so the firewall wouldn't block it

#6 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

i turned off my firewall, my internet connection is fine, but it isn't working still
when i have my firewall on, i checked gravity as an exception so the firewall wouldn't block it

I'd advise you to uninstall RO, and install it to a location outside of program files (for example, try making a C:/game folder), and make sure everything (installing, patching AND playing the game) is done under 'run as admin' mode. (so, install>patch renewal.exe>patch ragnarok.exe>press start to play)
If you have already tried that and all the patch help given here, I'm out of ideas.

Edited by Chucklet, 24 April 2011 - 07:03 AM.

#7 Bxkid

Bxkid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'd advise you to uninstall RO, and install it to a location outside of program files (for example, try making a C:/game folder), and make sure everything (installing, patching AND playing the game) is done under 'run as admin' mode. (so, install>patch renewal.exe>patch ragnarok.exe>press start to play)
If you have already tried that and all the patch help given here, I'm out of ideas.

so that means to uninstall ragnarok, delete everything related to ragnarok including the gravity folder, and download the normal patch or the manual patch? Does it matter which patch to download?

#8 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Uninstall, download and install the full client (found here: http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches), try to patch the normal way by first running renewal.exe, let that patch and then run ragnarok.exe (all done under admin mode). If at any moment the patcher states that it could not download/install a patch only then should you use the manual patch menthod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users