DOMI pets can make you get stuck thru no fault of urs - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

DOMI pets can make you get stuck thru no fault of urs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

okay, so i'm in FoC a moment ago, our team has pressed to camp and is camping. other side has two dominators. I run (not dash or retreat) up to their position and I find myself surrounded by friendly heal totems and a prot totem, and a radi, and most of my team, so I cannot die more or less. I explosive arrow a domi pet, I don't know which one, like elves they all look alike to me. After the EA goes off, I start AAing ofc, with my QA 10 and blessing of haste (ty Adora XD) and what do I find?

I find that I'm stuck. I can't move. I can attack. I can use combat skills and buffs but not dash or retreat, nor can I move one inch. Dash and Retreat are grayed out.

It struck me that this was at least the third time I have personally encountered this exact bug. You're attacking a domi pet. That pet dies, and you end up :blink: stuck.

I submitted this in ticket form before and it was closed prematurely. I really want some GM feedback here please. And a fix please.

#2 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

well, there is a similar bug to this one that causes a dash class to remain stuck after dashing. but this one's different. after the rogue is bugged it's got the same effect but no dashing is needed to trigger it. I've seen it happen on dominator pets only, and my SR is the only toon I play at the moment. I cannot say if it happens with other classes, but since dash isn't involved I don't see why it couldn't. Good luck XD

#3 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

O.o

#4 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

#5 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

update:

okay. yesterday in FoC I had the exact same issue but in this case i had 2 or 3 teammates in the last few seconds of enemy Terms of Service. There was a healing totem there too, and I figured I'd hit an explosive arrow off the heal tote to make a splash and unstealth any opportunistic other stealthers nearby. The healing totem disappeared exactly at the end of the Expl. Arrow cast time. I was at the very end of the meter. Once the heal totem vanished, since was little else going on then and there, I paid attention closely. As soon as the totem disappeared, my dashes were perma-grayed out and I could not move at all. I could stealth. I could attack. Just like above with the domi pet example.

Now, today, I have a different, yet related situation in which my team is camped, we're gonna lose if teams stay same. From inside my safe zone I'm attacking some domi's kaz ( yea, I know... I know.... :/ ).
Alright so, basically the dominator either unsummoned pets on purpose, or ,more likely, died from a teammate perhaps, and the kaz at least got unsummoned just as I was finishing my E.A. cast... just like yesterday on the totem.

Here.

Look.

Posted Image

and the log from a couple seconds later:
Posted Image

So, this problem is becoming a daily thing for me now, not like every few months. Fix please.

Helium or Aoki? You there?

#6 MissArcane

MissArcane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

I have experienced this bug on my ranger. After being chased by a kazara all the way back to my team's safe zone I decided killing it would be faster then trying to run out and pixel hunt the dom with kaz's slow on me. As soon as kazara died I was stuck, couldn't dash, couldn't move, couldn't exact revenge on the dom for putting their summon on me, I could get on my rex but that didn't get me unstuck. I kill summons with my druid in inferno form on a fairly regular basis and I've never gotten stuck when they die...Maybe the getting stuck thing only happens to ranged classes...? :)

Have you ever gotten stuck in any map other then FoC after killing a summon? I've only ever had it happen in FoC, but I kill summons pretty often in TB/SvS on Shadow Runner, Rad, Defiler, and Ranger.

#7 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

Mistress! :)

I will try to take note in SvsS and union/strongest. Off the top of my head, I can't recall it happening but I would think it has. I don't know though. And, I do think I saw a zerker in 65 FoC a couple months ago who had the same thing. I also distinctly remember some shammy getting stuck in the same manner (in an FoC round). That one freaked me out because at the time I was assuming the bug related to use of dash, and shaman has none.

#8 MissArcane

MissArcane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Elf Hater! :)

If it happened to a Zerk that rules out it being a ranged thing, and shaman rules out it somehow involving dashes - when it happened to my ranger I only killed Kazara - the other summons were still running around and battle log said I had defeated kaz so I would guess it isn't caused by them being unsummoned or disappearing as you're about to kill them or in mid-cast - Ranger kinda rules out it having to do with casting skills since it's almost all aa and I know I didn't burn my stun shot to kill a summon in my safe zone. I ask if it's happened to you in other maps because I have randomly gotten stuck in the FoC map and seen other people randomly get stuck in that particular map when there weren't any summons or totems around - similar to how every time I go to Nach's Eye for quests I get stuck or 9 out of 10 times I'm farming spider saps at Kippo Coast I get stuck for no apparent reason. FoC map is pretty buggy since they added all the walls so I wonder if it's a terrain bug in the map that is exacerbated by summons.

#9 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

Xenoas have no souls, so it's okay. I wouldn't invite an elf over for dinner, that's for sure. Last year, this family moved in down the street, they were elves. They brought over their elf friends and were always up all hours, dancing and being ghey, trying to carve intricate musical instruments out of wood, trying to build homes in trees, etc, etc. It was not pretty.

I have only ever gotten stuck in the one common pit that exists a couple places reskinned on a couple maps, same as the one southwest of AT, and while walking to nachts eye, I fall off the path near the eye and fall to the right and I can't get unstuck. That's it for me. I have never gotten stuck while fighting mobs, personally. Kippo Coast I typically don't do because the drop rate on those is quite low compared to the nagas, which are good enough for me, but I can see how person with a radiant toon would want the lvl 70 ones. I'm sure the bug with getting stuck has to do with your target vanishing. Since it's a target I am usually attacking it, so perhaps the attacking of it is not a factor, but rather simply having it targetted. I have only ever had it happen, afaik, on kazara and one healing totem. Never on people. I assume it would happen on the other dominator summons. That it happened with a totem rules out the death of the summoner being the cause. All they should have to do to reproduce it would be to have a dominator duel a person of any class. Keep trying to unsummon the pet your opponent is attacking right around the time it's got one more attack it can take, and then they should be able to reproduce it intentionally with under 50 tries.

[EDIT: maybe they could get it in ten tries using a healing totem with a known duration time.]

Edited by Vosk, 11 May 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#10 MissArcane

MissArcane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

My druid actually has 2 souls, I took them from Doomguard and Inferno through contract tyvm - also I am currently writing up a "contract with Vosk" by which I shall claim your soul with a clever Druish ploy. I will concede that ranger is probably soulless. :)

I've never gotten stuck by AT but I don't spend much time there. That isn't where I get stuck at Nach's eye, I get stuck right by the entrance killing Megaliths just stuck not even in the pit by there just stuck on flat ground sometimes floating in the air if I happened to jump as I got stuck, sometimes just standing there - Same thing happens at Kippo though sometimes I get stuck in the rocks there other times it's just flat ground - there's also a spot on the way from the public cemetery to the incineration plant that I get stuck in occasionally. Often times when I get stuck in these random places I'm not targeted on anything just running along to where ever.

Yeah it probably could happen with a summon other then kaz, but kaz has the slow so it's the only one I usually bother to kill - for all the other summons going and killing the dom is faster. Totally possible that it has something to do with the target disappearing - I know the kaz died not just vanished when it happened to me, but with the oh so reliable battle log it's entirely possible that while I was targeted and aa'ing another teammate actually killed it causing me to be bugged as if it had vanished.

#11 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

you know, surprisingly, Gravity ignoring this bug has not actually fixed it.

[EDIT: Case in point, not one minute after I made this post here, I alt-tabbed back to FoC and the issue was reproduced, this time with a disconnecting player I was attacking, as opposed to a totem or pet that was about to vanish. Same issue. Couldn't move. Dashes were grayed out. Same issue. How about some GM love/commentary please now?
Posted Image

Edited by Vosk, 29 May 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#12 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

So, GM/CM team..... any update please? Also I'd like to know under what logic a dominator can stand in safe zone the entire match and, if his pets are sufficient level, can actually get kills while taking zero risk, and while his pets are INVULNERABLE to both damage and crowd control on account of his standing in safe zone like a Posted Image
Thank you.

Edited by Vosk, 08 June 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#13 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

happened again just now. in this case, I was attacking Rinaverse, a 65 FoC elf, when Rina dc'd. Combat log indicates my attack landed, other time it didn't. No matter. When you're attacking something and it dcs/gets unsummoned/dies/runs out at pretty much the exact time your attack comes off, you can get stuck.

Fix this.

If you can't, say something dammit. Please. The lack of official comment from a GM/CM is deafening, and telling.

Posted Image

and here's the combat log.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users