I was going to play again but thanks warpportal, I am not going to - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I was going to play again but thanks warpportal, I am not going to

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rollsroyce1990

rollsroyce1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

I can say Im a veteran player, I was going to go back from a year to two years of break but I got disappointed. Why, you ask? because when I logged in my warpportal account I have 2 accounts registered..... I already only registered one account previously, so the other account I dont even know whos account is. I was like ok, thats fine, thats no problem, probably just a bug or something. I proceeded to log in to my account, worked fine, I got to choose a server, went to ymir excited to see my chars I have been working all those years and what do I find? Three measly novice characters that is not even mine..... my original characters are gone. I am severely disappointed, I dont know what happened, maybe I got hacked or something went wrong with the transfer of chars. Last time I logged in was about a year ago and I did all the warpportal bs and making a new pass... I still had my chars back then but now I dont even have it... I want to play again but this really makes me not want to play ro anymore. They may be able to fix this but its just saying how incompetent the staff is and even if they try to fix this whole thing it may even take months and months like they usually do. I was expecting great things when I logged on and I am severely disappointed, I guess next time I wont set my expectations too high when it comes to RO =)

#2 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

There was a big server merge some months back. Chaos/Loki/Iris/Sakray all merged into 1 so if you ever made a new character on any of the other servers and then forgot about it that might be what the novices are. And all your main characters that might of been too many to fit in with the others would of been split to a separate account. You could try adding the separate account on WarpPortal e.g. myaccountname_l myaccountname_c myaccountname_i myaccountname_s depending on the server you mainly played (l Loki c Chaos i Iris s Sakray etc.). Or send in a ticket at support.warpportal.com requesting the details of the other account. Also check this thread:
http://forums.warppo...urning-players/

Edited by soudou, 19 April 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#3 rollsroyce1990

rollsroyce1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

As i said before, after the servers merge from chaos/loki/iris to ymir, I registered my account and everything was fine, I had all my chars from chaos to ymir but now I dont even have one! My account name also ends with _l which implies that those chars are from loki(I didnt have any chars from loki). I tried putting in _c since all my previous chars were in chaos and it says unregistered id. ALSO, i tried not putting any _l or _c or _i and just my original username and still it says unregistered username! ALSO, as i said before I wont even try putting in a support ticket since it just reiterate how stupid and incompetent the warpportal staff is!

#4 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Oh sorry its just I didn't see any mention about the merge in your post. If the last time you were on was a year+ I think that was pre-merge unless I'm mistaken.

The ticket service has improved somewhat from 1~2 years back (and even better than 4+ years back when it was kRO running the show and they didn't know as much English :blink: ). Won't say its perfect but when I got back all my mains were on a different account with some noobs I'd forgotten about on my main and I couldn't even attach that other account because the ID was too long with the added suffix. Plus I wanted to be picky and keep my main chars on my non-suffix account (deleted the noobs first to make it easier) so via the ticket service I:

- Got them to attach my account for me and tell me the login to the other account
- Add some free time to both accounts to allow me to switch some inventory (back when the 2 weeks free codes were sent out)
- Transfer all my characters from one account to the other
- Remove any suffixes on character names

Did take awhile (3 weeks I think) but probably would of taken less if all I wanted was access to the account with all my mains on plus it was over Christmas so there were holidays and events and such. You may find its quicker. But now I'm all sorted and it was handy they made that separate account since now I got a free alt account :angry:

Edited by soudou, 19 April 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#5 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

Wait, what? You're admitting you possibly got hacked and blaming warp portal for it? Am I translating this correctly? :/

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 19 April 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#6 Corvus

Corvus

Guard Captain

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • LocationGravity CS Room
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

I found all of your characters. The fix is actually really quick. PM me and we can get you back in game pretty quickly.

#7 rollsroyce1990

rollsroyce1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

I am very very very mistaken. I thought I came back to the same old RO.... It seems like this new RO has changed in my experience especially in the customer service department. Soudou was right, seems like the gms really do care! They got my issue fixed without even sending a ticket, props to them!! I love Corvus <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users