WoE population - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

WoE population

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:45 AM

So was it worth the time? Many of us returning players didn't come back until after Renewal was under way (Gravity sent out Renewal notices by e-mail encouraging us to try RO again). I didn't start playing until February 2011.

i enjoyed the event woes, especially the non trans ones

#52 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

WOE is boring already, been in 12-man lesser party, tried different guilds and I seen only epic battles in 1-2 forts coz the population of ppl that really play WOE badly sucks, and if you are seeing lots of ppl in Valk before you log, prolly that would be BOTS... /sigh Dead game for months already... /e5 Other old or new MMOs got 5x more players than RO now like HoN and LoL which I also personally play more than RO recently... /sob I miss my old buddies who quit too since Renewal... QQ

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 April 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#53 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

cool story

#54 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

I think everyone quitted Valk WoE because they were pretty bored fighting Valk guild :V correct me if im wrong.

#55 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

I think everyone quitted Valk WoE because they were pretty bored fighting Valk guild :V correct me if im wrong.

They weren't bored. They simply either quit because they thought Renewal was boring, found Renewal too unbalanced in general, or bandwagon jumped the Valk alliance itself making less enemies for the Valk alliance. >.>

Edited by GuardianTK, 22 April 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#56 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

They weren't bored. They simply either quit because they thought Renewal was boring, found Renewal too unbalanced in general, or bandwagon jumped the Valk alliance itself making less enemies for the Valk alliance. >.>

+1

We love to WOE, fight stronger guilds, but how can you fight with only few guildies? TK is right, no one gets bored in WOE, its just ppl realized that Renewal has taken out the previous fun we all had, making em play less or prolly quit/ragequit... DECREASED POPULATION... /sigh

#57 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Seeing that they are changing Sakray to prerenewal, I wonder how possible would it be to keep a prerenewal server only... it might have a much brighter future than yggdrasyl...

#58 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

that would be interesting

#59 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

I'd totally join a pre-renewal server, im not a big fan of renewal either.

#60 otakucho

otakucho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

seems to be a pretty fail time to start playing again after reading this thread :/

#61 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

seems to be a pretty fail time to start playing again after reading this thread :/

Join a fun guild and give it a go first :) You're on Ymir right? I don't WoE but there's quite a lot of newbie-friendly WoE guilds on there.

http://forums.warppo.../14-guild-hall/
http://forums.irowik...isplay.php?f=25

#62 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

only time I ever had fun with woe was back before trans...

#63 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

There is an adorable baby mage who penetrates WOE castles only to throw stones at people in the pre-emp room. Rather than kill it, I obliged to throw stones back. The first one to get stunned 'lost'. It was actually more fun than the actual Woe :/

I still have a lot of fun in Woe just feeling useful when my masquerades actually do proc on a high level RK to steal his mount.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 23 April 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#64 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Sorry if i intrude here but since you are speaking of server population i'd like to ask: which server have the biggest number of ACTIVE players (not bot)? I'm a new possible player of iRo so i'd like to choose wisely...

This was the point of my thread. I believe Ymir has the most active non bot players.

I was trying to entice some people to perhaps get a server transfer and join us on Ymir.

Edited by D111, 24 April 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#65 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Ymir has a larger WoE population since lets be honest, if your playing on Ymir you probably at or near RO "retirement" endgame stuff.

As for merging servers though, bad idea. It wont benefit woe at all.

The problem is this (as seen during Ymirs single realm fights) when you force the lesser guilds into proper competition (to the point meager castle loot doesnt cover pot cost) they quit woe because they cant/dont want to spend the time farming the neccessary supplies that the larger guilds can throw at woe. And can you blame casual woe guilds for doing that? they are casual afterall and dont want to dedicate their entire weeks playtime to farming for woe.

I also dont want to deal with mass bots. :) that. I feel incredibly sorry for the Ygg players since if their population shows any real growth the botters will move in full force. The server population's already tripled, probably 1/3 bots now. At least if the server does get decommissioned you could get a choice of which one to go to.

#66 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Didn't they also say Ygg would get a full WoE ystem implemented when the server population is high enough? I hope they can discern bots in the count when doing that. Otherwise it'll be like Iris again with 1 guild dominating all the castles and making endless god items unimpeded.

#67 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

Didn't they also say Ygg would get a full WoE ystem implemented when the server population is high enough? I hope they can discern bots in the count when doing that. Otherwise it'll be like Iris again with 1 guild dominating all the castles and making endless god items unimpeded.

That is what happened on valkyrie... 3 years ago. Valkyrie Guild had a headstart. They held all the castle for 1 week when everyone else was busy looking for an emp and get guild level 1... Gravity didn't think about this at all.

#68 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Furinkan!

#69 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

i enjoyed the event woes, especially the non trans ones

Bring the event WoEs back. It gave everybody a chance to WoE on a common ground (no god items, no miniboss cards, no MVP cards).

I was told that the non-event WoEs would be worked into something more in the future, so I had my entire guild make non-trans characters. We all made non-trans, trans, and 3rd class. 2 weeks later, the events are over?

It was a good idea and it was fun. Third class WoE is dead on Ymir.

Wednesday WoE is a JOKE! No WPS, so why WoE? So you can run around, kill some people, blow supplies, and end up with a castle that's gonna give your god item pieces to sets that will literally NEVER get made. You can't even sell the pieces anymore because everybody knows this.

Solution to fixing Wednesday and Saturday WoE (because we don't even get attacked anymore in our Juno 2 Bryn hold): Seperate them. Wednesday WoE - WoE 1.0. Saturday WoE - WoE 2.0. The servers have a ton of people on them (Average = 1k+?) but nobody WoEs. On Wednesday, we log in last 15 minutes and pull AT LEAST 3 castles.

Wednesday WoE would be more interesting if it was possible to econ a castle. Granted, the pieces are still worth nothing, but at least it would provide for some decent battles. And I'm not suggesting this because we're holding the WoE 2 scene down (+ our alliance). Our Wednesday WoE attendance is :). We get 8 people on. It would favor the other alliance and I think that they are in need of a moral boost.

EDIT: Or change castle loot to give out WoE supplies (Green Ales, Bombs, etc). WoE treasures should be incentive to WoE, and the zeny is depleting on Ymir. Then, if you want to give out god item pieces, make them quarterly? It'd be a WPS system, but it seems like it would work. "We don't want to monitor WoE", the GMs say. How hard is it to login and check a flag and see if it was held or broken? Hell, just check choobs.org (castle status). If you did this too, you could let the players pick which realms are best for GvG and drop all other castle realms completely. Then, we'd have 2 WoE 1s and 2 WoE 2s open. WoE 2 keeps God Item Creation, WoE 1 castles give WoE supplies and WPS points that can get spent on god item pieces. You guys will have to do something to fix WoE though. Making Kafra Boxes, turnins, and stupid :) like that is only gonna go so far. People are hitting 150 and quitting.

Edited by Lambor, 25 April 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#70 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

^+1

#71 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

woe 1 and 2 are already separated on valk and it works really well. well, it would work well if we had any reason to woe. most guilds have 3-4 god item sets and no way to roll the seals. castle treasure is worth nothing too. thats why half of the guilds only log on for end forts.
wps NEEDS to come back. that was one of the best systems we had for competition and the gms took it off cause they are lazy?
all and all +1 to treasure overhaul and +1 to lambs post.

#72 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

EDIT: Or change castle loot to give out WoE supplies (Green Ales, Bombs, etc). WoE treasures should be incentive to WoE, and the zeny is depleting on Ymir. Then, if you want to give out god item pieces, make them quarterly? It'd be a WPS system, but it seems like it would work. "We don't want to monitor WoE", the GMs say. How hard is it to login and check a flag and see if it was held or broken? Hell, just check choobs.org (castle status). If you did this too, you could let the players pick which realms are best for GvG and drop all other castle realms completely. Then, we'd have 2 WoE 1s and 2 WoE 2s open. WoE 2 keeps God Item Creation, WoE 1 castles give WoE supplies and WPS points that can get spent on god item pieces. You guys will have to do something to fix WoE though. Making Kafra Boxes, turnins, and stupid :wub: like that is only gonna go so far. People are hitting 150 and quitting.

This would be interesting.

Edited by D111, 30 April 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#73 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

Ymir has a larger WoE population since lets be honest, if your playing on Ymir you probably at or near RO "retirement" endgame stuff.

As for merging servers though, bad idea. It wont benefit woe at all.

The problem is this (as seen during Ymirs single realm fights) when you force the lesser guilds into proper competition (to the point meager castle loot doesnt cover pot cost) they quit woe because they cant/dont want to spend the time farming the neccessary supplies that the larger guilds can throw at woe. And can you blame casual woe guilds for doing that? they are casual afterall and dont want to dedicate their entire weeks playtime to farming for woe.

I also dont want to deal with mass bots. :wub: that. I feel incredibly sorry for the Ygg players since if their population shows any real growth the botters will move in full force. The server population's already tripled, probably 1/3 bots now. At least if the server does get decommissioned you could get a choice of which one to go to.

Totally good points about merge.

#74 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

GM's should stop making new stuffs/ideas for future moments and try to balance the game w/out kro reliance instead.

haven't played my ranger in incep too for months now :wub:

jst plain my plain old wiz that i turned WL just a week ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users