kRO third Class Balance Changes - Page 17 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

kRO third Class Balance Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
437 replies to this topic

#401 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Tetra is a ultimate OHKO skill on a class 100% oriented around mATK. Metallic is "hey let's add a skill to this class that hasn't needed mATK up to this point."

[...]two wanderers running around OHKOing people with 2300% * 1.5 * 2.25 * 3 Metallics?

Yeah that would be weird since nobody suggested wanderers OHKO anyone solo. FYI until acid bomb and until Soul Destroyer, neither Alchemist nor Assassin had a use for mATK.

Fixing wanderer as a support class seems more valuable to me than fixing them up as yet another way to take people out. Yeah, I'm not an expert on mATK - for 7 years of playing performers almost exclusively I've never had to think about it. Instead I learned about how to use my skills to buff those casters up. If I (or any of those performers) had wanted to kill rather than buff I would have expected myself or them to make killing characters rather than demand the ability. FYI, all the casters I knew were 100% willing to swap to bryn or whatever else they could use to increase their damage to the point they would kill someone. "reasonable expectations" of defensive gear were for people aiming to tank, not kill.

No. They would need MANY MORE buffs to choruses to make them an exclusively support class than the required buffs to make them an effective hybrid class. MUCH MUCH MUCH more work. FYI you can kill with double strafe (effectively) as an archer and dancer (in fact the difference between hunter and dancer was hunter had traps and slightly more aspd. A dancer had way more SP, so you could spam DS harder and longer, it was a separate but equal offensive leveling style), and until renewal Arrow Vulcan was a great ranged DPS skill for 1 shotting Kathryn Keyron... 1 shotting an endgame monster. If someone wanted to make a good killer for Bio3... they could choose to make a Gypsy. So they could Mental Sense, use longing for freedom, and kill with AV. Oh my goodness! A hybrid ranged dps/support character? What? Those are facts (I'd like to see your evidence we've always been a full support class...) and your passionate (yet empty) desire to turn them into a full support class is something they have never been.

Edited by Jaye, 13 July 2011 - 02:52 PM.

#402 Marloe

Marloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Yes. They. Have. Arrow Vulcan and DS were designed to be and FUNCTIONED as leveling tools. Nothing more, nothing less. In Renewal SR is the leveling tool. THEY AREN'T MEANINGFUL DPS. Their presence on our skill tree does not make us a DPS class. You are and have been a (loud) majority of one in the opinion that they do. I'll be honest, I've played this game for many years and met MANY performers; but you are the first person I've seen argue THIS adamantly that they weren't a full-support class. Performers walk like a full-support and quack like a full-support. I really do think they aren't a heron.

If anything other than full-support they are support-disable (similar to the shadow chaser, which has the best 1 on 1 disables. we USED to have the best aoe disables.) They do not need to be support-disable-killer. Leave that (imbalanced) role to Suras.

Yes, the maestro/wanderer class need some significant reworking to keep time with the other classes, rather similar to the way Archbishop is having difficulty maintaining an (inarguable) full-support role when the game is no longer designed to justify them.
But it must be done.

Turning EITHER the performer or the AB into yet another WoE killing class is not the answer.

Edited by Marloe, 19 July 2011 - 01:38 AM.

#403 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

Yes. They. Have. Arrow Vulcan and DS were designed to be and FUNCTIONED as leveling tools. Nothing more, nothing less. In Renewal SR is the leveling tool. You are and have been a (loud) majority of one in the opinion that they were not. I'll be honest, I've played this game for many years and met MANY performers you are the first person I've seen argue THIS adamantly that they weren't. Performers walk like a full-support and quack like a full-support. I really do think they aren't a heron.

I never said they weren't leveling tools. Please argue against my words not the ones you imagine up. Performers walk like a half support half ranged DPS class and quack like a half support half ranged DPS class. You can't just wish them full support. Its neither practical nor useful, as it would require redesigning the class from the ground up and is redundant with priest-types.

Turning EITHER the performer or the AB into yet another WoE killing class is not the answer.

Nobody said they should be good at killing in WoE. Please argue the words presented not the ones you make up. I am getting really sick of telling you this.

Edited by Jaye, 14 July 2011 - 04:26 AM.

#404 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

I think every class should be given the option to be a WoE killer with the right build, but it means they have to make sacrifices to their class's role in order to offer something unique.

What's wrong with somebody wanting to make a battle bishop that does good DPS and can heal on the side of killing? (albeit, crap heals) It's not possible, but sometimes I wish it was.

#405 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

I think every class should be given the option to be a WoE killer with the right build, but it means they have to make sacrifices to their class's role in order to offer something unique.

What's wrong with somebody wanting to make a battle bishop that does good DPS and can heal on the side of killing? (albeit, crap heals) It's not possible, but sometimes I wish it was.

Then every class should have the option to tank, be it means they have to make sacrifices to their class's role in order to offer something unique. And every class should have the option to heal, buff, etc.
There's already way too much imbalance in RO because classes are too intertwined. The more one class can impede upon the role of another class, regardless of build and sacrifices, the game grows unbalanced. RO already passed that point with Renewal, let's not make it worse B)

#406 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

Every class should have the option to kill, but the degrees at which they do should be limited by the amount of alternative potential they have. With double, triple, or quadruple teaming up on someone, you should have the opportunity to kill. I don't care if its 4 priests versus 1 knight, 4 vs 1 shouldn't result in the 1 massacring the 4 at breakneck speed. Pretty much every class can support to some degree now, so they should also all be able to kill to some degree.

I think the best pre-renewal example is the Scholar. It was a powerful WoE support character, but if they so chose (at a detriment to their support ability) they could go a fragile 'bolter' build and could kill people in PVP/WOE (albeit 1 at a time, and not even that well, just with diligence and enough work you would win). A bolter scholar could double fiberlock someone, wear all +MATK% gear, imp cards, stone curse tjhe person, and bolt them; This could often result in a kill 1:1. But overall, Scholar isn't a top-tier character for fighting. they were fragile without high VIT or defensive gears, and their DPS wasn't great next to belted LKs, Champs, Assassin Crosses, etc.

#407 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

Isn't this balance patch suppose to be implemented late july? or am I missing something?

#408 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

kRO is busy with RWC. So it seems that balance patch will be released a bit late.

#409 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Theres also a lot of rebalancing going on with the balancing, so we dont want to implement something thats unduly nerfy.

also increase that AB holy aoe to 5x5 at least. seriously who the heck is able to use any sort of 3x3 untargeted aoe with a ping over 50? or change ME to be a global delay or w/e so it can be spammed during ME's cooldown.

#410 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

Balancing patch fixing soul exhale??

#411 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

i've lost track of the patches tbh, mainly because i no longer use RD to level my RG so dont really care now lol. I'm a bit concerned about w/e they were doing to shield spell since thats the difference between me 2 shotting and 3 shotting but meh 5x5 rolling cutter will more than balance it out :waddle:

#412 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

Balancing patch fixing soul exhale??

As far as I'm aware, Soul Exhale is not changing with their balancing patches. To be honest, I doubt it will. The only 2nd class skill I know they've changed so far is Clashing Spiral.

#413 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

As far as I'm aware, Soul Exhale is not changing with their balancing patches. To be honest, I doubt it will. The only 2nd class skill I know they've changed so far is Clashing Spiral.

They also changed GFist, AB (both recently) and Hunter traps (previously).

#414 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Wow for a min there I thought we were in the performer Thread~

#415 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Still waiting for these changes, some of them are very needed and have been on kRO for quite a while.

#416 mockingmackong

mockingmackong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

How about increasing the damage of comet? Warlocks supposedly have great damage coz they sacrificed their HP..in short warlocks now have Low Hp and low damage

#417 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

How about increasing the damage of comet? Warlocks supposedly have great damage coz they sacrificed their HP..in short warlocks now have Low Hp and low damage

They have some of the strongest disables in the game too, most just choose to ignore those.

#418 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

They have some of the strongest disables in the game too, most just choose to ignore those.

Besides, once they get the lastest kRO changes, Comet will do full damage in it's whole AoE, not just that 5x5 center, if you have another warlock near you. Two Warlocks dropping instant cast spellbook Comets at once is basically a room clearer.

#419 Akavaro

Akavaro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

When the patch will be implemented?

#420 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Besides, once they get the lastest kRO changes, Comet will do full damage in it's whole AoE, not just that 5x5 center, if you have another warlock near you. Two Warlocks dropping instant cast spellbook Comets at once is basically a room clearer.

We can do that right now lol... but I'm looking forward for these changes as well... maybe I'll get recog spell to get more bonus from my staff =)

#421 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

If all the class is now is a "disabler" class, than survivability must be increased. The general rule of thumb for MMOs is less survivability = more damage. There are plenty of classes in RO that can deal damage, disable, and support...and have high survivability. There is absolutely no reason to play a weak class in RO if they didn't gain anything for their sacrifice of survivability.

#422 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

If all the class is now is a "disabler" class, than survivability must be increased. The general rule of thumb for MMOs is less survivability = more damage. There are plenty of classes in RO that can deal damage, disable, and support...and have high survivability. There is absolutely no reason to play a weak class in RO if they didn't gain anything for their sacrifice of survivability.

I guess just for the fun... dunno...

But I wonder when we gonna get this balance patch thing... we are almost August already...

#423 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

i am getting tired of saying this much, myself...

#424 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

When we say 30 max hits for Reflect, is that like... 30 attacks to reflect, or 30 reflects? Because it's going to be useless if you can only reflect three attacks to 10 people / monsters.

#425 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

1 attack from a monster = 1 less reflect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users