kRO third Class Balance Changes - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

kRO third Class Balance Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
437 replies to this topic

#126 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

I didn't say they aren't useful in WoE, just that they don't have the same demand as the classes that can steamroll people. They ARE useful, they just needed a *slight* buff, and I think the comet change and speed up on the combo system should be exactly what they need to bring them in line with the usefulness of other classes. They just needed a slight kick upwards, and with this patch, they got it. Remember Wizard, most of us are NOT using Hibram, so what you're seeing for damage output isn't what 99% of lock players are seeing.

In PvM, however, the problem isn't so much the lock itself, but the monsters. Simply put, they're pushovers, so melee can kill everything before a cast bar fills, and therefore, no one wants to wait for one to fill, ever. Bosses have insane MDEF, so locks aren't useful there either. It's great that locks can set up a freeze/release combo that fires (and combos) multiple skills together in a big chain, and it's even better with this patch, but there aren't any monsters that actually justify doing that, ever. When everything dies to melee in a second, no one is going to wait for the lock to set up a combo, because whatever he was aiming at is already long dead. Elite monsters and a better exp share system should address that, but I don't know if we're ever actually getting either. Both were promised in November, and the exp part at least, is trivial to code.

Well... PvM and MvP are not the strong point for Warlocks due to their high Mdef as you said... but still we can kill pretty fast balancing our matk and DEX so our cast time is quite fast... but that's depending on the Warlock... in general we sadly are not made for MvP... mostly because our high damage spells have a high cast delay... but if we can bypass that it would be a lil better...

Well... I don't own neither use Hibrams on siege either... I believe my damage output is quite good w/o it as several ppl can confirm... don't get me wrong... I would love to have them but I don't =(

I was making reference to it since I did make test runs with and w/o Hibrams to test damage and that's how I ended up with those numbers... I usually do quite a lot of testing before I start using new gears... I would say the trick is mostly know how to combine your matk with your %matk and believe me... with just Bryn you can get as much as 12XX matk w/o +20's food... 11XX with regular Panic Valk =)... the ways to make it are there... it is quite a bit tedious to make it work but it is there =)

As I said before... I'm looking forward to see the damage output for CL now... it seems that every time it bounces the damage increase... that would make it worth to spam with Strings =)

#127 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Well, till i saw warlock in pvm environment is pretty useless, for example, in dragons was hard to get cast off before melees kill the mob, was frustrating sometimes because even if skill misses due to the targed dead, you still has the after skill delay and skill cooldown, and sometimes, if the target dies just before get the cast off, targets changes to a random enemy that can be attacking someone else and you ks without want to (happened a few times). Also in et... dunno you, but in non mvp floors its just a walk, not time to get a cast off till floor 85+ and even there a lock is pretty useless. And in terms of leveling, higher monsters a lock can take down are necros, wich are realy slow, with low spawn, and even being a boss monsters, giving low exp makint it even slower than venatus (wtf??) thats why i didnt get a single level out of turnins since base 134... its realy not worth the time.

In woe terms, is other story, warlock, for me, is a realy usefull and needed class, can kill a single infinite ale char wich seems immortal with wi+grav field (dont love to use that, but sometimes is needed), I kill some ppl with comet, would love less cooldown, and for my surprise, even with lvl 3 soul expansion, spamming it with strings+sacrament+buffs+zerk pots, I also kill and/or hitlock lot of ppl and in my server (valk server) seems like ppl default gr and dont even bother switching it (if not they wont die to soul expansion). And im planning to get TV+comet lvl 4 when i hit job 50 (dunno if its a good idea, need to be tested), so with the warlock updates, the class seems usefull in pvm and pvp, a change on matk formula would be nice, but with comet books+comet dealing full dmg in all area when a party warlock is near you, it makes comet main skill of a warlock and TV should make ppl think twice about defaulting an elemental armor (fire armor), and should be a way to mvp, but mvp mdef is insane.

PS: Ended up writing a lot without a good english knwoledge, sorry u.u

Edited by darktie22, 28 April 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#128 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

Well, till i saw warlock in pvm environment is pretty useless, for example, in dragons was hard to get cast off before melees kill the mob, was frustrating sometimes because even if skill misses due to the targed dead, you still has the after skill delay and skill cooldown, and sometimes, if the target dies just before get the cast off, targets changes to a random enemy that can be attacking someone else and you ks without want to (happened a few times). Also in et... dunno you, but in non mvp floors its just a walk, not time to get a cast off till floor 85+ and even there a lock is pretty useless. And in terms of leveling, higher monsters a lock can take down are necros, wich are realy slow, with low spawn, and even being a boss monsters, giving low exp makint it even slower than venatus (wtf??) thats why i didnt get a single level out of turnins since base 134... its realy not worth the time.

In woe terms, is other story, warlock, for me, is a realy usefull and needed class, can kill a single infinite ale char wich seems immortal with wi+grav field (dont love to use that, but sometimes is needed), I kill some ppl with comet, would love less cooldown, and for my surprise, even with lvl 3 soul expansion, spamming it with strings+sacrament+buffs+zerk pots, I also kill and/or hitlock lot of ppl and in my server (valk server) seems like ppl default gr and dont even bother switching it (if not they wont die to soul expansion). And im planning to get TV+comet lvl 4 when i hit job 50 (dunno if its a good idea, need to be tested), so with the warlock updates, the class seems usefull in pvm and pvp, a change on matk formula would be nice, but with comet books+comet dealing full dmg in all area when a party warlock is near you, it makes comet main skill of a warlock and TV should make ppl think twice about defaulting an elemental armor (fire armor), and should be a way to mvp, but mvp mdef is insane.

PS: Ended up writing a lot without a good english knwoledge, sorry u.u

Indeed =)

Yah... Warlocks are quite a KS'ers by default =S

TV + Comet is pretty good ideal... but if you get Comet, get it level 5 better... the matk formula is pretty good I must say... you can get almost the same matk as you got pre-renewal (12XXmatk) and you can balance your DEX for fast cast time (Comet 2.6 seconds, TV 1.6 seconds with Secrament). I believe the matk formula is like that mostly because the formula for each spell is quite different from what it was before in pre-renewal... with the current spell formula and your average 12XX matk, you can deal around 15~25k damage with CL per hit and 60~85k damage with TV in WoE environment... of course we can't spam as fast as other classes do but dealing that much damage with spells is pretty OP to what it was on pre-renewal (that's w/o Hibrams shoes)... so imo the matk is good as it is right now... it mostly depends on what are you willing to sacrifice to balance your output damage...

TV can kill ppl with or w/o elemental armors... the question is if you can choose the right element for the damage output... if people uses Fire Armor, they would usually have counters against water element so having an element which can't be reduced easily would be the best idea... I kinda explained that before on Warlock Thread I believe... but if you want me to explain it how it works, feel free to pm me anytime as several other ppl do =)

I believe the cast time for Comet is being reduced as well... then again, I would love to have it the same as TV (Comet -> 17 seconds / TV -> 10 seconds) as well as it cool down time... with that plus the buff from being close to another Warlock would increase the chances to recast Comet w/o the help of books...

#129 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Maestro "Severe Rainstorm MAX Lv : 5 Skill Requirement : Slinging Arrow or Melody Strike 5 Skill Form : Active / Damage Description : Shoot a volley of arrows into the air and rain down arrows on enemies in an 11x11 area. Damage is increased depending on the Caster's base level Agi and Dex stats Consumes 20 arrows and will fail otherwise. [Lv 1] : Duration 0.9 seconds [Lv 2] : Duration 1.5 seconds [Lv 3] : Duration 2.1 seconds [Lv 4] : Duration 2.7 seconds [Lv 5] : Duration 3 seconds" "l reuse time changed. " "Current: Can only be used if equipped with bow What we want to change: Can be used even if equipped with instrument/whip -The reuse was fine as is! It better not be much longer.. "

I agree with this post. I leveled for a short time on a Wanderer and It seems that the skill is definitely not overpowered and is good for leveling but not much else. It would be great if you make it work with instruments and also decrease the SP cost to about one third (Even with Eggyra Shoes and 60INT it seems to require usage of too many SP items even for moderate usage (ie. not fly wining to level in magma dungeon 2) about 2/3 of the current SP cost would be more balanced in my opinion, need more opinions for more concrete change though. Just about 5 to 10 people who have played the class should provide enough evidence.

#130 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Royal Guard "Reflect Damage MAX Lv : 5 Skill Requirement : Shield Reflect 5 Skill Form : Active / Buff (To yourself) Description : When receiving physical or magical damage part of the damage is returned in an area around the caster. While active this skill drains SP every second. Cannot be used with Shield Reflect. [Lv 1] : Reflect 20% of Damage / Duration 300 sec. [Lv 2] : Reflect 25% of Damage / Duration 300 sec. [Lv 3] : Reflect 30% of Damage / Duration 300 sec. [Lv 4] : Reflect 35% of Damage / Duration 300 sec. [Lv 5] : Reflect 40% of Damage / Duration 300 sec. " "mage reflect chance changed. - Maximum number of reflects added. (30 at max level) - SP cost changed. (80/100/120/140/160) - Maintenance SP cost changed. - Can only reflect short ranged attacks. (Does not reflect trap damage) "

The 30 Reflect limit is enough, No need to stop it from reflecting magic and ranged and everything. If you do that, it might just be like normal Shield Reflect except that it goes into 7x7 area. It seems like a bit of an over nerf to take away almost every single new property of the reflection ability.

Inspiration changes weren't quantified so I'm not sure if it is being reduced or increased but, if you are decreasing it, a few people might be calling for the free reseter again, and you may want to reconsider any nerfs to RG skill damage since Inspiration helps them to become "Overpowered" (as described by some).

[EDIT]: I had new idea about Reflect Damage. Why not just make Kaahi disable Reflect Damage and make Reflect Damage disable Kaahi? The same way Shield Reflect and Reflect Damage cant be used together. The reason for this is that with a limit on the number of hits (and if you decide to go along with only short ranged meele) the skill becomes worse than Shield Reflect against classes with aspd like GX and Mechs. It seems more like an Endure Improvement than a Shield Reflect Improvement.

By simply disabling the use of Kaahi and Reflect Damage at the same time you get the desired Result and an RG (like myself) can still use reflect damage (a very basic skill) to level by replacing Kaahi with potions. If limit the hits it really renders Reflect damage somewhat useless and might make some think it would be better to max Shield Reflect than Reflect Damage.

Please read the edit. Decreasing the hits is really enough to some degree, it helps to keep Shield reflect worth something as you can switch to use Shield Reflect against aspd characters, however if i were to select an optimum solution I would chose to disable Kaahi and Reflect Damage usage at the same time in the same way that Reflect Damage and Shield Reflect cannot be used at the same time. I agree it may not be the norm for two classes skills to conflict but i think the community of Royal Guards would agree that this can bring balance and maintain the usefulness of the skill.

PS: It really becomes less used for leveling even in the current system if your RG has offensive skills like Earth Drive or Over Banding as these skills kill monsters quicker than Reflect Damage.

#131 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

Usually the good ideas get overlooked.

It kind of reminds me of these kids that put a lot of time in a coloring contest and some were really amazing.
Too bad the teacher decided to let a class of retarded kids judge the contest and they chose one that was complete <_< and outside the lines.
Pretty much the same concept here, the retards won't agree with logic and will end up agreeing on something like "All monsters now drop scratch and sniff stickers and Snapple lids."

Maybe you confuse "sharing opinions" with "making decisions". Clearly these are not final decisions, it is a discussion thread as kRO patch is also unstable still, so iRO is simply trying to interact with their community and show kRO's actions, iRO Community's Opinions and I am sure they will have their own opinions which they will discuss in office bearing in mind what is in this post and then they might have something to present to kRO instead of the other way around. Maybe iRO can be the one to have the most stable system huh? But, noooo, noooo, you wouldn't agree with that, you are a bit of a pessimist, but that's ok.

#132 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Actually even with only a +4 rideword your sp should always be full using rainstorm.

#133 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

Actually even with only a +4 rideword your sp should always be full using rainstorm.

Never used Rideword with it, but that hat is a bit pricey, I used Sprint Shoes with Eggyra Card and it took like 20~30 Blue Pots for about 30 minutes, not bad but, manageable.

But yea, I am not sure about the SP part as I am only 1 man, SP consumption is quite manageable if i think about rideword hat. It means you just have to chose between consumables or some SP gears, which is a natural choice in the game.

Thanks for the opinion.

#134 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

I used 0 blues and even had enough sp to regularly fill up my marriage partner's sp to full. It procs a lot as long as you make basic mobs. The hat is much cheaper than before so I'd buy one now.

Edited by Sapphic, 28 April 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#135 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Indeed =)

Yah... Warlocks are quite a KS'ers by default =S

TV + Comet is pretty good ideal... but if you get Comet, get it level 5 better... the matk formula is pretty good I must say... you can get almost the same matk as you got pre-renewal (12XXmatk) and you can balance your DEX for fast cast time (Comet 2.6 seconds, TV 1.6 seconds with Secrament). I believe the matk formula is like that mostly because the formula for each spell is quite different from what it was before in pre-renewal... with the current spell formula and your average 12XX matk, you can deal around 15~25k damage with CL per hit and 60~85k damage with TV in WoE environment... of course we can't spam as fast as other classes do but dealing that much damage with spells is pretty OP to what it was on pre-renewal (that's w/o Hibrams shoes)... so imo the matk is good as it is right now... it mostly depends on what are you willing to sacrifice to balance your output damage...

TV can kill ppl with or w/o elemental armors... the question is if you can choose the right element for the damage output... if people uses Fire Armor, they would usually have counters against water element so having an element which can't be reduced easily would be the best idea... I kinda explained that before on Warlock Thread I believe... but if you want me to explain it how it works, feel free to pm me anytime as several other ppl do =)

I believe the cast time for Comet is being reduced as well... then again, I would love to have it the same as TV (Comet -> 17 seconds / TV -> 10 seconds) as well as it cool down time... with that plus the buff from being close to another Warlock would increase the chances to recast Comet w/o the help of books...

Yeah, i know how it works and wich element is the best to default, but well, thats on ymir server, on valk server ppl doesnt bother to counter water element, when I used to hear on vent "i got other one" with water TV, since like I said ppl doesnt bother countering it but usualy warlock uses other element.

In other hand, getting lvl 4 comet is to can get white imprision... Thats the thing thats breaking my head... get white imprision or comet 5... But well anyways, till hit job 50 I still have time to think about it.

About CL, I use to get aroun 4k dmg per hit, no1 will die to it if you know what your doing.

About casting time, I'm good with mine, even im high dex build, having to drop some luk but I don't lose a lot of matk, I still can get off a comet in a middle of enemies rush without being interrupted sometimes. Also, I would love recognized spell change, it improves dmg a lot since the diff between max and min matk is a lot wearing a +%matk 2 hand staff but for now, you can only have it up all the time having it at lvl 5, so decreasing cooldown or increasing the duration would be realy good to include it in TV builds (righ now if i'm not wrong, getting TV you can only get it lvl 1), it should be like any other buff (enchant blade, cart boost, sacrament, etc) wich can be recast while its still up, it already has huge skill requirements.

In other hand, talking about maestro/wanderer, a fix on their 3rd job skills is great to, per example, matk wanderer song only affects after appliying the formula, and difference in dmg is like 6k without, 6050 with it, making it more than useless, only 3rd job skills I see on those classes are harmonize as a debuff (and its suposed to be a buff) gloomy as a buf (supposed to be a debuff) some random sirens and deep sleep, a change on their skills is great, but knowing exactly what is more important.

#136 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Kaahi should be modified to only heal a hit once per second, so that mob tanking with it is impossible, and living infinitely on a sorcerer is impossible, but its original intent, helping soul linker solo, is still perfectly intact. <_<

#137 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, i know how it works and wich element is the best to default, but well, thats on ymir server, on valk server ppl doesnt bother to counter water element, when I used to hear on vent "i got other one" with water TV, since like I said ppl doesnt bother countering it but usualy warlock uses other element.

In other hand, getting lvl 4 comet is to can get white imprision... Thats the thing thats breaking my head... get white imprision or comet 5... But well anyways, till hit job 50 I still have time to think about it.

About CL, I use to get aroun 4k dmg per hit, no1 will die to it if you know what your doing.

About casting time, I'm good with mine, even im high dex build, having to drop some luk but I don't lose a lot of matk, I still can get off a comet in a middle of enemies rush without being interrupted sometimes. Also, I would love recognized spell change, it improves dmg a lot since the diff between max and min matk is a lot wearing a +%matk 2 hand staff but for now, you can only have it up all the time having it at lvl 5, so decreasing cooldown or increasing the duration would be realy good to include it in TV builds (righ now if i'm not wrong, getting TV you can only get it lvl 1), it should be like any other buff (enchant blade, cart boost, sacrament, etc) wich can be recast while its still up, it already has huge skill requirements.

In other hand, talking about maestro/wanderer, a fix on their 3rd job skills is great to, per example, matk wanderer song only affects after appliying the formula, and difference in dmg is like 6k without, 6050 with it, making it more than useless, only 3rd job skills I see on those classes are harmonize as a debuff (and its suposed to be a buff) gloomy as a buf (supposed to be a debuff) some random sirens and deep sleep, a change on their skills is great, but knowing exactly what is more important.

Well... I usually change elements for heck of it xD... in a TV built, you should be able to kill "anyone" with TV no matter the element unless they have Tao Gunka Armor since a regular TV does around 65k damage in a 50% demi human reduction / 30% element reduction (WoE environment with 50% WoE reduction)... and that's with regular gears... (w/o god items)

I believe you can still get WI and Comet 5... well, I never cared that much for WI but as you said Recog Spell is something I kinda like... even thou there's not much difference for me since the difference between min and max MATK varies depending on if your "Weapon Matk" is higher than your "Base Matk" (that applies mostly to SoD)... I did got couple times Recog Spell and TV at same time... you can get as much as Recog Spell level 3 I believe... but for what? 30 seconds is not something worth to spend points... that would change with this new patch since the spell duration for Recog Spell has been increased =)

I see... that's why... CL usually deals around 10k~20k per hit in WoE environment... the difference that DEX built and LUK built with 120 INT is not as high as you might think... with 120 INT and around 90 LUK my base MATK was around +9 MATK higher than what it is right now with 15X DEX (w/o +20 food)... so that +8 MATK is easily covered with the right %MATK gear =)... and having Comet cast time going down from 3.1 seconds to 2.6 seconds is quite a good thing =)... I would say that in my case... every +10DEX is like -0.1 seconds total cast time...

Edited by Wizard, 29 April 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#138 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

Maybe iRO can be the one to have the most stable system huh? But, noooo, noooo, you wouldn't agree with that, you are a bit of a pessimist, but that's ok.

iRO has hands down the worst community for exploiting every possible facet of the game, going to great lengths to keep these bugs hidden and generally just using sakray to locate/keep quiet bugs that will soon be on main servers. kRO/jRO staff/players look at this community with amazement, the fact players will go to greater lengths to exploit stuff even when playing normally is more efficient. Has nothing to do with pessimism, its based on experience.

#139 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

Kaahi should be modified to only heal a hit once per second, so that mob tanking with it is impossible, and living infinitely on a sorcerer is impossible, but its original intent, helping soul linker solo, is still perfectly intact. <_<

right only suras should be allowed to mob/tank/aoe OHKO everything in game with no support. its funny that dispite all the complaints about RG's or sorcs etc using kaahi, theres other classes that are much stronger/more efficient at doing the same thing.

This is exactly why the community should have very limited if any say in what should be development decisions, everyones just trumpeting their own class or trying to nerf the competition.

Edited by Hrothmund, 29 April 2011 - 08:59 AM.

#140 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

oh please. If someone goes through the effort to make a soul linker and marry them, they should be entitled to having kahii just the way it is.

#141 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

right only suras should be allowed to mob/tank/aoe OHKO everything in game with no support. its funny that dispite all the complaints about RG's or sorcs etc using kaahi, theres other classes that are much stronger/more efficient at doing the same thing.

Umm.. not sure why you want Sura to do all of that but they should also be nerfed a bit. They, like RG and RK, are all-around "too good" and make the other jobs less desirable. Not sure why its all or nothing for you, but I think kaahi should be nerfed which will topple a lot of abusive behavior like dominos, then other classes that didn't need can be altered as well.

This is exactly why the community should have very limited if any say in what should be development decisions, everyones just trumpeting their own class or trying to nerf the competition.

If by the second paragraph you mean yourself, maybe, but I haven't seen a whole lot of your posts on game mechanics.

oh please. If someone goes through the effort to make a soul linker and marry them, they should be entitled to having kahii just the way it is.

if loading a 2nd client and paying 2.5m is "effort" to you... deserving of breaking the game wide open with near immortal tanking... I am at a loss for words as to how profoundly inadequate you are at designing game balance.

Edited by Jaye, 29 April 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#142 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

What I dont quite understand is why nobody though kaahi was a problem (for the last 4-5 years or however long we've had linkers) until we had RG's/Sorcs. Its not like they actually kill faster or have better tanking ability over a LK or ranger with quad malicious MG either.

I see a lot of people trying to nerf skills/abilities in order to force them to play in a particular way (partying for example) which is pretty bad attempt at balancing imo and is not what RO is about. Cookie cutter classes belong to other games. Dont get me wrong, I think partying should be viable but you shouldnt be *Forced* into partying like FF online or something.

#143 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

iRO has hands down the worst community for exploiting every possible facet of the game, going to great lengths to keep these bugs hidden and generally just using sakray to locate/keep quiet bugs that will soon be on main servers. kRO/jRO staff/players look at this community with amazement, the fact players will go to greater lengths to exploit stuff even when playing normally is more efficient. Has nothing to do with pessimism, its based on experience.

Doesn't matter what your bases is its still pessimistic thinking. "iRO community is :wub:, and it will forever be that way, nothing has changed and nothing will ever change". That is your thinking, very very sad.

#144 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:41 AM

Kaahi should be modified to only heal a hit once per second, so that mob tanking with it is impossible, and living infinitely on a sorcerer is impossible, but its original intent, helping soul linker solo, is still perfectly intact. :wub:

Kaahi itself should not be nerfed because at the end of the day Kaahi has been around for a long time with no complaint. Game balancing has big picture in mind, so i'm not talking about game balancing specifically, my idea is simply, "This is what kRO has done to balance their server, this is what i think the objective of that was, and this is what i think can achieve the same purpose without having quite as much adverse effects as their method." It really doesn't matter what is done in the end as we will play on whatever system they give anyway, its been months now we complain about renewal and still we play it. Regardless of this fact, it is a comforting thought that they take players thoughts into consideration when designing their balances, they can go totally opposite direction from what we say in the end but at least you know your idea wasn't simply over looked or not thought of, it was just that the people in charge found that your solution wasn't as good as whatever they implement in the end, and hopefully some few people's ideas here can help them to create a better balance by adding some dynamic that they hadn't considered before.

#145 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

Trust me this is not the worst... ive seen far more worse community than this...

#146 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

People are only abusive exploiting and behaving "wrong" when the environment (here ro) is made so that it:
-allows them to be
-rewards/promotes that kind of behaviour

no matter how much the individuals themselves try to be good, no matter how many rules are made (just like laws, they only expose a flaw in the system, without fixing it), it will always shift back towards what's inherent in the particular system.
No one is plain evil and bad for no reason. Everything has a cause.

Applies to much more than ro.

#147 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

Maestro: Infinite Humming
MAX Lv : 5
Skill Requirement : Song of Destruction 1
Warcry from Beyond 1
Skill Form : Active / Buff / Chorus
Description : When sung by the caster and at
least one other Maestro/Wanderer all targets
around the caster will be able to cast skills
without being interrupted but will increase
skill SP cost by 15%. Each Maestro/Wanderer in
the party reduces this extra cost by 3%
Requires an instrument/whip to cast.
------------------------
[Lv 1] : Skill Duration 20 sec.
[Lv 2] : Skill Duration 30 sec.
[Lv 3] : Skill Duration 40 sec.
[Lv 4] : Skill Duration 50 sec.
[Lv 5] : Skill Duration 60 sec. "

"Skill reuse time is changed. (110 / 120 / 130 / 140 / 150 seconds)
- Area of effect is changed. (11x11 / 11x11 / 13x13 / 15x15)
-----------------------------------

Having this skill disabled in WoE makes the skill useless since everyone can just use Phen in PvM

Edited by iCandy, 30 April 2011 - 09:25 AM.

#148 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

MAESTRO: Deep Sleep Lullaby
MAX Lv : 5 Skill Requirement : Voice Lessons 1 Skill Form : Active / Debuff Description : Force all targets in a certain range into a 'Deep Sleep' state. Once the targets are in a 'Deep Sleep' they are unable to move attack use items skills or chat. The effect is cancelled if the targets receive damage. Targets in 'Deep Sleep' will also take 1.5x greater damage from the next attack. Affected targets will also recover 3% of HP/SP every 2 seconds Requires an instrument/whip to cast.
[Lv 1] : Range 11 x 11
[Lv 2] : Range 13 x 13
[Lv 3] : Range 15 x 15
[Lv 4] : Range 19 x 19
[Lv 5] : Range 21 x 21
--------------------------------
Please adjust set the success rate to allies (guild and party) lower

#149 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

I skipped through most of the discussion since most of the people posting here can only go on what was posted in the kRO change list. The skills have changed quite a bit more than what has been stated. You can read about some of the skill testing and original discussion on these balances here:

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=76535

Before asking for feedback, can you ask them to give us more detail? For example, as you can see from the linked thread, kRO changed the in game description of many skills. But they don't give much detailed insight and even the wrong skill mods like that of Over Brand or Chain Lightning.

From page 12 of the discussion:

Never, never trust ingame descriptions, especially not in Ragnarok Online, they are by 99% chance false and/or incomplete and quite often very outdated. The current (iRO) ingame description of Chain Lighting for example says 900% base damage per hit when in reality its 1700% base damage.

In the last weeks topic there was even a link (i think Frost posted it? i forgot) where the koreans tested Overbrand and despite having a lower damage modifier noted in the new description it still dealt the exact same damage or even slightly more damage than before the last weeks fixes.

It should be noted that these skill changes also come with Clashing Spiral skill change and a slew of new equipments.

http://forums.irowik...16&postcount=62

Also I think it would be a good idea to post the changes they have done to the Ranger in the first post as well.

RK:
Urj set:
Spoiler

Pertz set:
Spoiler

GX:
Sabath set:
Spoiler

Nab set:
Spoiler

Ranger:
White Wing set:
Spoiler

Black Wing set:
Spoiler

AB:
Spoiler

WL:
Spoiler

From the list of equipments, we can clearly see that the dev's prabably won't fix the weak skills but make use get end game equipment (they can only be gotten by clearing a lvl 140 instance dungeon) to make them "good". The sets aren't WoE viable and by the time we get these equips, we are already high enough level that we won't even need to use these skills at all.

Let's look at Hundred Spear (HS from now on) for example. They increased its damage but it is still no where near the damage of the current damage of Clashing Spiral. Yes, Clashing will be nerfed, but why should Hundred Spear remain useless? Spiral has a 5 cell range, while HS only has 1? It also has the same bugs as other 1 cell range skills like Mammonite (Try casting Mammonite/HS on a moving target...). This is because they have no range buffer like the 2+ cell ranged skills do. Guillotine Fist (GF from now on) is a melee skill with casting time and 2 cell range. Once the Monk starts casting this skill, no matter where the target goes, as long as they are still in the line of sight of the Monk, GF will still hit where as HS will end without anything happening. As a 3rd class skill that costs 27 skill points to master and the skill that is at the end of the Rune Knight's Spear Skill tree, shouldn't it be the strongest as well? Yet is is one of the weakest 3rd class skills and cannot even compare to the RG's Vanishing Point a basic spear skill that only requires 11 skill points yet does more burst and DPS than Hundred Spear. A Solo RG can get 60k damage with one of their most basic RANGED instant cast spear skills why can't an RK deal even a third of that damage with their most advanced MELEE one with casting time?

You can see the damage tests with HS done on page 3 of the first link.

I have a lot to say about the balance changes but without actual data and in depth testing, I really see no point in speculating on such vague announcements, especially without concrete formulas.

@Blood Lust:
It has been confirmed via posts from the Korean players that it is the Lord Knight's Frenzy.

Edited by Clogon, 30 April 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#150 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:19 AM

It seems some of the skill updates (thinking of CS specifically) seem designed to go hand-in-hand with the new equipments. Might be worth considering that before implementing some of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users