"Disconnected from server." - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

"Disconnected from server."

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

NPC dialogue while moving, whether be initiated by player or NPC has disconnected people since the dawn of time. Why hasn't this been fixed yet considering how long this has been a problem?

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 20 April 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#2 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

NPC dialogue while moving, whether be initiated by player or NPC has disconnected people since the dawn of time. Why hasn't this been fixed yet considering how long this has been a problem?

Because the disconnecting was a fix, that's why it hasn't been fixed. =P It was something to stop bots for some reason or another. Can't remember what exactly.

#3 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Okay, so a bandaid soaked in old dirty sewer water that was put on a cut. Yea, sounds like a great plan. Wasn't it even around in 05?

Well, at least it isn't the worst thing I've seen done in MMOs.

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 20 April 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#4 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Okay, so a bandaid soaked in old dirty sewer water that was put on a cut. Yea, sounds like a great plan. Wasn't it even around in 05?

I think it's more recent, because I don't remember it being an issue until a while after the continental messenger was put into Alde near my old afk spot. Darn thing would always dc me when I walked past. The automated npcs seem to be fixed now though, it's only really a problem if you click on one and initiate a conversation yourself while walking.

#5 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Still happens to me often, quit troublesome. Especially if you're in a place where you get warped back to your save point if you get DC'd.

#6 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

this is well known problem. maybe if the players threathen to quit or not pay, then maybe they will do somethign about it. for now, its in the "wont fix" status.

#7 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:07 AM

Still happens to me often, quit troublesome. Especially if you're in a place where you get warped back to your save point if you get DC'd.

Yeah its a real pain sometimes when doing certain quests. Happened to me whilst I was doing the Thor Volcano Base Quest and it was quite a way to get back >_> Even iROWiki says:

18. Walk to (172, 132) (be careful to not walk over cell and get disconnected) and (148, 310) and read the dialogue that pops up there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users