Attention ALCHEMISTS/BIOCHEMS/ - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Attention ALCHEMISTS/BIOCHEMS/

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

Alright i need an explanation...why is it when you are a alchemist 80+ or even a biochem with a maxed out homunculus...that you still choose to go to the ant hell, and pretty much screw up the best leveling area for smaller level characters. Its not to level your pet. Is it to abuse the AI, and just ks everything in site regardless of it being hit or targeted. I mean does gravity really support the its not my fault i am just letting the AI do what ever the hell it wants REALLY???. I think certain level caps should be put on all the dungeons, lower level characters have no need to the higher dungeons, and it would prevent stupid crap like having a 98 biochem sit and get 1/100 of a tenth of a percent per kill...

I just need a rationalization, are the ant eggs at level 80+ honestly the best source of experience...NO...trying to convince anyone otherwise is futile. Someone explain i just am baffled by the immense stupidity of this action and literally 100's of alchemists do it. This seems more or less like an attempt to bot really, set and forget, consequences be damned.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

Even if you don't like other people in the same dungeon, they have as much right as you to use the dungeon... I'm not sure how much exp do they get from ant eggs, but since the spawn is constant, maybe they are getting like half a level a day, at level 80~90, or maybe they are just afking while leveling intimacy.

Ant eggs are really nice for charas level 18~35ish when they are there, but if they are not, then there are plenty other options for that few hours you may spend at low levels.

#3 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

.....U can report them alchemist who set their AI to KS everything as it bannable for abusing heir Their Homunculus.. Just take Print screen and sent a ticket.

Seriously~~~ people should lv their Homunculus in Orc Dunguen or some where.. ..Leveling their's homuclus on Egg sound..sooooo..lame

Edited by Dukeares, 21 April 2011 - 04:22 AM.

#4 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:41 AM

Eggs are actually really good until the homun is 70ish...

But staying after that is being an ass >.<

#5 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

give em some db love..

#6 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

I will never understand the biochems that goes AFK. Where are they leveling with uber JExp that they can afford going AFK on their homun?

#7 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

I will never understand the biochems that goes AFK. Where are they leveling with uber JExp that they can afford going AFK on their homun?

Homun to 99
Level job on things that gives 4kjob instead of 600~1200
Profit~

#8 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

give em some db love..

DBing is not the answer, but pure stupidity and ignorance.

#9 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:49 AM

ant hell is one of the few places that have monsters instantly spawn in the same area. Sometimes there's not enough people in OD2 to keep the spawn up, so you're just standing there killing nothing.

#10 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

I think they should add a separate instance. A low-level Ant's Nest Instance map attached to Ant Hell which can only be entered once you have accepted a quest from Edens (which like the other Edens quests would have certain level restrictions for low-levels). The quest would involve some story that the Queen Ant had been secretly plotting to step up the population of her ant colony ranks to dominate nearby Morroc (now vunerable after the Satan Morroc incident) and take out revenge on those pitiful humans murdering her fellow ant-kind over the years. The instance would have a high spawn of ant eggs (perhaps they would remain as eggs and have their evolution setting switched off if possible to prevent them all hatching at once). Once past a certain level they can't return to the Instance. And the alchemists and other players would still have the popular spawn points on the usual maps.

#11 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

DBing is not the answer, but pure stupidity and ignorance.

no... actually you cant db/bb in ant hell. also, its a safe place to level is why. some people are jerks tho when it comes to ant eggs

Edited by BlackPotato, 21 April 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#12 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:09 AM

no... actually you cant db/bb in ant hell. also, its a safe place to level is why. some people are jerks tho when it comes to ant eggs

I do understand that DB and BBs are disabled, but that doesn't stop retards from mass-pollying the place. I was in Valk server just the other day to check what's up and there was a ranger and a chemist that were pollying and killing low level characters so that they can solo the spawn. It's really low to do that to other players. This is why I love Ymir because even tho people in Ymir are some what stuck up they are not as retarded as the Valk players.

#13 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Yeah I think its mainly a problem on Valk at the moment. Though maybe its just because of the timezone I play in but Ant Hell usually has spawns free on Ymir and when I was just standing around once helping a guildie with Ant hell Eden quest someone was letting me know where there were free spawns. So not as much competition. But an alternate Ants Nest Instance would still be cool.

Edited by soudou, 21 April 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#14 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

Level elsewhere or change servers.

#15 Sessilvant

Sessilvant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

Having been to Ant Hell as an alchemist and as other characters, i've noticed alchemists / homunculi being KS'ed as much as doing the KS'ing themselves.

Ignoring that for a moment, levelling in Ant Hell is lazy for pretty much anyone. :Emo_15:

All in all, the answer is probably to point out to alchemists that there are better places for them to go (aside from during homunculus infancy) - OD2 would be fine if a few alchemists decided to go there together, and Moscovia's Les Forest is good too.

Edited by Sessilvant, 21 April 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#16 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

DBs make things interesting, as long as there aren't like 60 monsters for every 5 steps

#17 futendoji

futendoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

Suposedly, after you hit sertain lvl cap, between 30 and 50 lvls above the mob i think it was, you get 0exp from thse mobs, so a lvl 9x char or homun shouldnt even get exp, after that sayd, please, cant we just all be nice and share, when will people understand that thats the only way that the world itself can work, and that also reflects to the alternate-game worlds.

Sry for getting off topic a bit whit that litle basic filosophy and for my English also, i know its nt the best.

Have fun and enjoy ro

#18 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

if you're 31 or more levels above the monster, you'd be getting 10% of the normal exp. I don't think it ever hits 0.

#19 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Suposedly, after you hit sertain lvl cap, between 30 and 50 lvls above the mob i think it was, you get 0exp from thse mobs, so a lvl 9x char or homun shouldnt even get exp

I haven't played a Alchemist much so far but from what I hear Homunculus do not have the same level range penalty as players. So they'll get the same 100% exp from Ant Eggs throughout. Thats part of what makes it a good spot for Homun.
http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=72101

For players you have to stay within 15 levels for decent exp. So if the Alchemist cares more for their own levels than the Homun, once the Homun has gotten strong from Ant Eggs they move on to other places.
http://rode-r.doddle...om/viewpage/d/3

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

Want me to Manhole them out?

#21 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

99 Alch/Bio with 99 Homun is pointless to be in ant eggs at all because you don't get job exp from Homun kills. so they are just being buttheads.

Edited by Trixdee, 21 April 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#22 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

OD1 is an excelent place to level homun now, exp is way better than eggs too. theres almost always somebody in there so spawn isnt a problem. eggs need to be left for the noobs, you can go like 15-35 in like an hour on eggs with the right equips/skills, otherwise it takes like forever.

#23 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

Homunculus are not affected by the EXP penalty.

I 99ed 2 Homunculus there O_O. It's just stupidly easy.

#24 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

OD1 is an excelent place to level homun now, exp is way better than eggs too. theres almost always somebody in there so spawn isnt a problem. eggs need to be left for the noobs, you can go like 15-35 in like an hour on eggs with the right equips/skills, otherwise it takes like forever.

THIS!! THIS!!

I'm rather sure if more people were to go to OD1 or OD2, the exp would be much better than Ant Eggs since those maps are really mobby (from RODE-R: Incredibly Mobby).

Now what I think, if they're still AFKing their homuns when they're already lvl99, I'm guessing they're "preparing" for the coming of the Homun S since the EXP gauge is still active for homunculi (it shows 99,999,999), so a 6% would be enough to get a lvl101 Homun S in one shot. I may be mistaken though.

Edited by NeoNilox, 21 April 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#25 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

Well, for people still there with level 99 homunculus...
I figured my Filir would 99 (went to bed when it was 98) at some point while I was sleeping. When I woke up, it was 99 (but obviously I don't know for how long). I just wanted to point out that this may be a possibility for people who are TRULY afking.

If you could convince people to actually go to OD1 then yeah, it would be better. But for right now, camping ant eggs GUARANTEES near-constant exp. Going to OD1 alone guarantees you nothing. >:

I've also camped the Hydra Pool on Amatsu field when ant hell is too crowded- this isn't as good as ant eggs but it's pretty close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users