#1 PunkyOcks

PunkyOcks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hiya! Punky here and boy, am I ever surprised! O.o I logged in today after extended maintenance was over and found myself suddenly having VIP status! I dunno where it came from. No one in the guild said anything about it. Even stranger, my guildmate who didn't have VIP status before has it now, too! What's goin' on? Did someone gift both of us VIP status by chance? Or is there some kinda free trial goin' on right now?

I ask here because, as I said in another thread, I can't access my Power Up page. XP

#2 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Same with one of my accounts. It suddenly has VIP status

#3 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

You won! Congratulations! Lifetime VIP memberships!

#4 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Woot...free VIP. It happened to a few ppl i know. I wonder why its happening

#5 Lunalia

Lunalia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

I would like it if magical GM fairies bless my AB with a VIP account~

#6 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

A 3-day VIP came to all 3 of my accounts since last maintenance.

Check your warpportal account and check your vip status.
For mine, they last until 04/25/2011 2pm-ish server time

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 21 April 2011 - 08:10 PM.

#7 ez2bslow

ez2bslow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

mine says 4 days added not 3 days

#8 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Say thank you so they don't take out your free VIP tomorrow.

#9 Proto312

Proto312

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

I don't know why this happened but my Sorc sure is happy! :Emo_15:

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

Could it be that they're trying to give us a taste of the VIP stuff? I didn't get it, but my guild's recaller did. D:<

#11 PunkyOcks

PunkyOcks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Say thank you so they don't take out your free VIP tomorrow.

Point!

If this was done on purpose, Gravity Interactive? Thank yoooou~ :Emo_15: And if it wasn't? Just say it was and write it off as a mini-event. X3

#12 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

Mine became VIP again temporary. It's nice, but I doubt I'll get the use out of it before it expires since I'm mostly vending atm.

#13 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, i got it in an acount I dont even use out of vending to... it says in trasnaction history:

04/21/2011 -------- Ragnarok 4 Day VIP Package Gift 0 WP

Could have been on my main acount...

#14 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

Maybe its on accounts that recently purchased WP or KP? I know my accounts did...Or is it just random? o.0

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

It's part of a mini-event to give accounts in good standing four days of VIP time so people who are on the fence about the new system can try it out and see if it's something they'd like to participate in. Emails should be going out about this...do you see anything in your inboxes?

#16 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

It's part of a mini-event to give accounts in good standing four days of VIP time so people who are on the fence about the new system can try it out and see if it's something they'd like to participate in. Emails should be going out about this...do you see anything in your inboxes?

I figured it might be a sort of "VIP trial". Its a nice idea but shouldn't you guys wait until more of the VIP things are implemented? Like the "Warp Back" NPC, the extra dungeons, quests etc. Though I guess its a good time to catch people as I see many returning players right about now (met 3 in the space of a day, yesterday).

#17 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

Oh... and I sent a ticket because I thought it was a mistake... xD

#18 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

I didn't get the VIP status :Emo_15: (And i don't know why i should not be "in good standing")

#19 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

THANK YOU GRAVITY!!

I used to buy KP a lot but I stopped working to focus on my studies more and it was a bit sad that VIP was introduced AFTER i stopped working so its nice that i at least get this teaser. Thank you very much i feel more appreciated as a member of the community now. :Emo_15:

#20 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Too bad i have so much school crap going on that i cant even take advantage of it...Finals time sucks

#21 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

I guess I am not on the "good standing" side as well.... :Emo_15:

#22 Castella

Castella

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

I guess I am not on the "good standing" side as well.... :Emo_15:

I'd guess it is more random than anything else. You would think they'd give it to accounts who've been around for a certain length of time (to prevent bots getting it) and haven't been banned recently, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My oldest account is from 2003 (and all the other ones are at least a year old) and I've never been banned, but none of my accounts received it. Maybe if they do this promotion again we'll get it next time...

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

I was under the impression that it had to be on the accounts you have purchased kafra points in, at some point. But my non VIP accounts with purchases in the past are still nonVIP....

Maybe the 4 days VIP are given to people who have not had any of the past VIP subscription extensions/bonus kafra points/other promotions and are old accounts with several months from last login....

Or maybe they are manually adding accounts, and haven't finished adding all the accounts xP.

#24 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

I was under the impression that it had to be on the accounts you have purchased kafra points in, at some point. But my non VIP accounts with purchases in the past are still nonVIP....

Maybe the 4 days VIP are given to people who have not had any of the past VIP subscription extensions/bonus kafra points/other promotions and are old accounts with several months from last login....

Or maybe they are manually adding accounts, and haven't finished adding all the accounts xP.

I've never directly bought Kafra Points (only bought things with leftover KP back when they gave a few KP as a subscription bonus). And since I play on Ymir I got the 4 months~ of free 'VIP' extensions (though wasn't called VIP yet of course). And I think my account has been extended a bit.

Maybe it just needs to be an account that was currently active and had been around for a certain amount of time with good standing. Since they probably feel there'd be little point giving a dead account a trial.

But no doubt with the thousands of accounts they'll miss a few. If anyone feels they're entitled to the trial just send in a ticket and ask about it. You got nothing to lose.

#25 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

You do realise that by doing this you have essentially handed down, for free, permanent access to the VIP server, when it was argued to us that the whole point of the "VIP server" Ymir (as opposed to the "open" servers, Ygg and valkyrie), was that character creation was restricted to people who would have to pay for VIP at least once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users