Spawn Inside Thors and Turn-Ins - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spawn Inside Thors and Turn-Ins

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Regn

Regn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hello Gravity,

Some guildies and I decided to do a test run in Thors Volcano to see what the turn-in experience would be like. So far, the event looks promising, but it looks like the spawn and density of the monsters are a bit... sparse. Some of us were also a little surprised there was not an option to choose between base or job experience.

This may be a shot in the dark, but do you think we could get a boost for the event?

Regn

#2 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Spawn needs to be increased a bit more but taking 15-20 mins to do 1 turn in is.............

#3 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Please make it TRIPLE and not DOUBLE.

#4 Candie

Candie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

What they said :| please do.

#5 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

i agree

#6 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

i don't agree

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

Kasas need an increasein spawn and reward and the option to apply all exp to base or job if you reach the max base or job so you don't waste exp.

#8 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

I'm sad. I used to love levelling in thors pre-renewal with HSCR because it bypassed shield reflect. But now... I'm so sad.

Edited by Taper, 21 April 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#9 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

Yeah spawns need amping and you should let us select our exp :Emo_15:

#10 Orath

Orath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

I'm sad. I used to love levelling in thors pre-renewal with HSCR because it bypassed shield reflect. But now... I'm so sad.

i dont ever remmbering HSCR bypassing Shield Reflect?
HSCR always have been melee not ranged should'nt bypass it anyway

Edited by Orath, 21 April 2011 - 10:39 PM.

#11 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

i dont ever remmbering HSCR bypassing Shield Reflect?
HSCR always have been melee not ranged should'nt bypass it anyway

Yep, it actually used to bypass SR. However, I agree that it should NEVER have. It is a short ranged melee attack. There is no reason it should ignore SR.

#12 Castello

Castello

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

triple spawn + Option to combine exp
if not that at least the combining exp cause im wasting a -_-load of job exp =_=

#13 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:09 AM

Umm just so you guys know. Gravity RARELY does an emergency maintenance just to satisfy the gaming community. Let alone on the weekend, and also on what most companies give as a Holiday off in the U.S.(Good Friday). Then add onto that the fact that everyone has Freebie VIP atm. That would mean if they made the option to choose base/job a VIP option then everyone could abuse it without ever having to have paid for VIP at all. Maybe only for a few days but still, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? The best you can hope for is a change on next week's maintenance. Until then, you are just SOL.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

WAHHHH studip 117!! GRRR why doesnt vip hive bonuses to turnin?

You must be getting desperate to get to lv120 if you're KSing nonstop in the Medusa turn in area. :Emo_15: I call it Karma.

#15 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

moar spawn moar exp plz

#16 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:34 AM

come on, lower level requirment... 115 sounds good to me :Emo_15:

#17 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

I say no. Even though I would directly benefit from upping the spawn, doing so just encourages gwing parties (something I also initiate a lot of) and promotes the easy mode 150. This event exists to promote partying not to hand out easy leveling tickets to people who just want t

Its funny how many people ask for things to make leveling their own chars really easy and then complain about how gravity handed out free 150s.

#18 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

moar spawn moar exp plz

#19 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

Yep, it actually used to bypass SR. However, I agree that it should NEVER have. It is a short ranged melee attack. There is no reason it should ignore SR.

That reminds me a noob question, is earth strain supposed to be affected by shield reflect? I killed myself once or twice while leveling at nameless island lvl 3 till notice I was getting reflected by necromancers with earth strain, its supposed to be a magic skill... Dunno why shield reflect affects it, maybe its supposed to be like that (kasas and rgs in woe also reflects it, 100% sure), but just wanna be sure if its not a bug. (if its i will send a ticked, just wanna be confident about that).

Edited by darktie22, 22 April 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#20 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

just stopped our kasa gwing party of 8 people because the TI's EXP sucked for the effort
everybody went back to solo/afk ~

:Emo_15:

#21 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

^ How much exp per turn in?

#22 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

^ How much exp per turn in?

The exp would be nice, but you have to search for a kasa, then other... it is fun looking at how weak are kasas post renewal, meleeing them and slowly killing them. But for a turn in, there either needs to be a muh higher reward given how much time it takes (but it woud be unfair due to how sadly easy kasas are now), or up the spawn like 4 times more of what it currently is.

Posted Image

*^nothing here, nothing there...*

#23 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

We did increase teh spawn alot for Kasas over the default, but it is a huge map. Next thursday we'll review the density of Kasas and see what can happen. How would you gwinging elite parties feel if Gwinging was disabled to keep the ill-mannered (assumed accidental) from happening, but increased the spawns?

We do want one turnin to take more than 15 minutes that is about the sweet spot for the reward.

#24 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Having participated in several gwing parties, having KSed and being KSed by several Gwing parties other times, I would say I don't mind the turn in map having flywings dissabled, or the turn in taking more than 15 minutes, as long as the reward is good enough that it makes people want to leave their regular soloing spots to participate in the turn in instead.

If people can get better, easier and faster rewards elsewhere than the event, then the event will go unused.

Also, mr Heim, please consider not always using the monster exp as the measure for the rewards of the turn ins: it would be crazy seeing a bio 3 turn in, where the monsters have dozens of times LESS the exp reward they should give, and then see the exp reward being taken from their renewal exp value. Some monsters in renewal are not well scaled in time-difficulty/reward.

Also, a bit offtopic, but I really wish we can see the nightmare mode maps soon... I really miss the times when everything was like: kasas doing 30k clashing spiral, swortd/bow guardian oneshoting ungeared charas, then even going fury, salamanders with high attack and high aspd... seeing everything do like 500 damage without any shield is just sad :Emo_15:

Edited by Kadnya, 22 April 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#25 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

We did increase teh spawn alot for Kasas over the default, but it is a huge map. Next thursday we'll review the density of Kasas and see what can happen. How would you gwinging elite parties feel if Gwinging was disabled to keep the ill-mannered (assumed accidental) from happening, but increased the spawns?

We do want one turnin to take more than 15 minutes that is about the sweet spot for the reward.

For the last couple turn-ins, I spent most of my event-map time in gwing parties.

Gwing disabling would make it tougher to get a kill count. If that were the only change, then I wouldn't go (because the exp reward is currently poor to me).

If Gwings/teleporation were disabled, the spawn increased, and the exp reward were drastically increased, I'd go and probably have more fun doing it (and die more too). It would be higher risk, higher reward, something that's been missing since renewal launched.

With teleportation disabled, however, there may still be KS problems with groups crowding the portals/turn-in npc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users