Why can't KVM Badges and Hugel Medals be traded/vended? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why can't KVM Badges and Hugel Medals be traded/vended?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

I'm pretty sure one of the Asian ROs has it to where these can be traded/vended, so you don't really have an excuse to get HQ permission.
It would solve some of the problems from people wanting various weapons and being afraid to upgrade them. It would possibly make some people more inclined to buy lucky boxes.

I just don't see why it would be a bad thing and would love to hear why the GMs are holding out against it.
I know people have brought it up before, but an answer would be awesome. Everyone enjoyed it when the GMs "slipped" and made KVM badges able to be placed in carts.

#2 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

I wouldnt mind it either people buy KVM like candy

#3 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

Could be an exploit.

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

Could be an exploit.

Not sure what you mean by an exploit to be honest.

I mean they have basically sanctioned buying in game zenny with real life money by making most Kafra things Vend/Trad-able already. As far as I am concerned that gives their tacit permission to it.

I have brought up before how little time I have to play (45min a night if lucky) and I just do not have the time to do rediculous amounts of KVM matches to get the required badges as while doing that your not leveling or gathering items for selling. Not to mention the fact that their is rarely a match even gathering when I have time.

I mean I hardly think that 2000 KVM Bages/Points is a good amount for a weapon that they encourage you to upgrade to get the bonus's from it. I mean how many would you break trying to get the upgrade bonus's really 10???

#5 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

I mean they have basically sanctioned buying in game zenny with real life money by making most Kafra things Vend/Trad-able already. As far as I am concerned that gives their tacit permission to it.

I have brought up before how little time I have to play (45min a night if lucky) and I just do not have the time to do rediculous amounts of KVM matches to get the required badges as while doing that your not leveling or gathering items for selling. Not to mention the fact that their is rarely a match even gathering when I have time.

I mean I hardly think that 2000 KVM Bages/Points is a good amount for a weapon that they encourage you to upgrade to get the bonus's from it. I mean how many would you break trying to get the upgrade bonus's really 10???

On top of people like you not having tons of time, KVM was designed for a larger population of players than iRO has on any server.

#6 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

On top of people like you not having tons of time, KVM was designed for a larger population of players than iRO has on any server.

Also since its 'international' RO, there are players in various timezones, coupled with the low population etc. the place is a complete deadzone in my timezone.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

I'm pretty sure one of the Asian ROs has it to where these can be traded/vended, so you don't really have an excuse to get HQ permission.
It would solve some of the problems from people wanting various weapons and being afraid to upgrade them. It would possibly make some people more inclined to buy lucky boxes.

I just don't see why it would be a bad thing and would love to hear why the GMs are holding out against it.
I know people have brought it up before, but an answer would be awesome. Everyone enjoyed it when the GMs "slipped" and made KVM badges able to be placed in carts.

Gonna have to say eeeew no :<
unless an asian RO changed it recently, KVM badges were an iRO thing, iirc.

The annoying part would be that you'd get people just decked out in high + kvm gear, just as a result of people buying boxes to make zeny (instead of actually playing). Seems unpleasant to me.

#8 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

I think he's talking about jRO. Though they're not called badges but "coins".
http://ro.doddlercon.com/home/?p=32

I still wonder about this bit in the article:

Word is that it may be implemented in 2011 once Gravity completes an overhaul of the current battleground system

I hope its true that BG is getting an overhaul. And they don't mess it up further. :)

Edited by soudou, 23 April 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

Gonna have to say eeeew no :<

The annoying part would be that you'd get people just decked out in high + kvm gear, just as a result of people buying boxes to make zeny (instead of actually playing). Seems unpleasant to me.

The people that you would consider to matter already have the stuff you're talking about.
There's so many new players and some veterans that feel like they need some of the KVM stuff to compete and this is the best way to give them a chance without putting the +4 and higher ores back in.

Would you rather have this, or would you rather have people being able to upgrade without a penalty? I can see where you're coming from though.

Either way, positive and negative feedback is welcomed.

I hope its true that BG is getting an overhaul. And they don't mess it up further. :)

Yeah, I was pretty much talking about that. It's not EXACTLY the same.

#10 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

I would rather have KVM badges be traded and sold between players rather than the +4 ores back honestly. If KVM badges aren't going to be exchanged between players though, the +4 HD ore upgrade is welcome too. I'm not having luck getting any of my stuff over +5 with enriched ore lately. It's a serious Worse Than Failure moment.

#11 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

This would be so cool to have here.

#12 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

I would rather have KVM badges be traded and sold between players rather than the +4 ores back honestly. If KVM badges aren't going to be exchanged between players though, the +4 HD ore upgrade is welcome too. I'm not having luck getting any of my stuff over +5 with enriched ore lately. It's a serious Worse Than Failure moment.

I agree, this solution wouldn't ruin the market for people who enjoy upgrading.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

The real answer is to make KVM more rewarding, I think.

#14 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

Looks like it's much more fun to get the KVM gear with that system than what we have.

#15 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

Make infinite alts and do KVM over and over again yourself... Then trade the all medals to the account you wanna get the item.

#16 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Make infinite alts and do KVM over and over again yourself... Then trade the all medals to the account you wanna get the item.

Like this isn't done already to an extent. And remember that the POINTS are stuck on the character that gets them so this is no change from what is already happening.

Also considering each acct only gets 5 points a win and you need 2000 to get most of the weapons you still need to win 400 matches!!! Thats just bloody ridiculous to me tbh.

You DO NOT get KvM badges for winning the matches you get points which are not transferable. This thread has been about trading the Badges from things like Lucky Boxes. From the ~30 boxes I opened I only got 800 Badges and I so would have traded the 3 MCA's I got for more badges to get the weapon I wanted.

#17 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

Make infinite alts -> farm for 2 weeks or more -> Break weapon --> Ragequit

#18 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Make infinite alts -> farm for 2 weeks or more -> Break weapon --> Ragequit

Don't forget the time it will take to level all the alts to level 80 min. 1 main account and 9 alts just seems rediculous.

The other crappy thing is that the points on the alts go to waste as well since even if you get the weapon it's account bound.

The exploit that happens now is that 5 "Live" players play on one team with alts on 2nd. Plus gm's should be able to see the BG activity and it would be pretty easy to spot bot/alt accounts.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 23 April 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#19 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:18 AM

Like this isn't done already to an extent. And remember that the POINTS are stuck on the character that gets them so this is no change from what is already happening.

Also considering each acct only gets 5 points a win and you need 2000 to get most of the weapons you still need to win 400 matches!!! Thats just bloody ridiculous to me tbh.

You DO NOT get KvM badges for winning the matches you get points which are not transferable. This thread has been about trading the Badges from things like Lucky Boxes. From the ~30 boxes I opened I only got 800 Badges and I so would have traded the 3 MCA's I got for more badges to get the weapon I wanted.

Oh, yes. I was wrong. I was thinking on the other bg medals.

#20 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

I'm guessing it is to leave some desirable items in the boxes to make you actually have to gamble for boxes yourself.

#21 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

I'm guessing it is to leave some desirable items in the boxes to make you actually have to gamble for boxes yourself.

Someone has to buy the boxes though first for you to be able to buy them from a vend. So they still get their sales regardless. I think anything that comes out of a box should be tradeable except for those "special" gears they give out from time to time. limited edition not-so-useful-but-cute stuff.

Heck I got my +9 KVM weapon with zeni. I just bought the boxter stuff vending, and voila hey presto etc. BANG!

Would have been easier to just buy the badges.

Edited by Hrothmund, 24 April 2011 - 04:00 AM.

#22 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

Someone has to buy the boxes though first for you to be able to buy them from a vend. So they still get their sales regardless.

If you assume that those who want something will stop at nothing to get it, then:
tradable -> everyone gets exactly as many badges as they want -> no badges left over -> total $$$ spent
not tradable -> everyone gets at least as many badges as they want -> lots of badges left over on accounts that don't need/want them -> total $$$$$$$ spent

#23 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

Not to mention it introduces ppl to gambling and will addict some. As well as introducing ppl who do not already, to buy kafra points. It really does take some willpower to restrict your spending for instant gratification (or at least the chance of it).

#24 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

If you assume that those who want something will stop at nothing to get it, then:
tradable -> everyone gets exactly as many badges as they want -> no badges left over -> total $$$ spent
not tradable -> everyone gets at least as many badges as they want -> lots of badges left over on accounts that don't need/want them -> total $$$$$$$ spent

The same could be said of anything else they put in Lucky Boxes or the limited edition gears like the recent Snake Head etc. which later became tradeable. They just need to make it so during the time of Lucky Boxes sales they are not tradeable and exclusive then make them tradeable after the event by a delay of some months. Same as with the +7 Dragon Hats.

If not it'd still be nice to have some other alternate ways to obtain them in-game.

Edited by soudou, 24 April 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

No other RO has them in lucky boxes and Gravity did extremely well without them.
The box event before this one didn't even have kvm badges and I'm pretty sure that it sold very well.
When mercs were still highly useful, I knew a TON of people who only wanted them.

Good to see the feedback coming in, I just want to see what the GMs have to say on the matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users