Wich server's the best for me? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Wich server's the best for me?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Belthazar

Belthazar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Well I've played the game a few years ago.. and now I'm returning home! While I'm struggling to learn all the Renewal stuff... I'm needing some help deciding wich server to play. So I'd like the help of y'all

So I've been playing on Valkyrie and Yggdrasil for a while and my toughts are:

1st - Valkyrie: Free, probably infested with bots and Illegal zeny, but it's kinda well populated, but also a kinda old server with LOT's of players with high end equips to compete! Will they always be a step ahead of me?

2nd - Yggdrasil:
Free too, same things of valkyrie... but it's kinda new isn't it? (How old is it?) So I'd be kinda equal to the people there, but is it growing? Will it grow? Kind of a blind-bet isn't it?

So help me out decidin!

Oh, by the way, I used to play as High Wizard, wich now means I'll play as a Warlock right? (jeez I'm still struggling to get used to the new MATK formula and weapon MATK bonuses)

PS: Sorry about my lame english abilities, I'm brazilian so english's not my primary language

Edited by Belthazar, 25 April 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#2 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

Well in my opinion, you should choose Valk.

As you mentioned:

Valkyrie | Yggdrasil

High Population | Less population
High on bots | Less on bots
Old server | New server

#3 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Nah your English is quite good already. Had no problems reading and understanding your post. I suggest you do Valkyrie cause on Yggdrssil, you will talking to yourself. Valk is very populated and despite half or more of the population being bots, it is very funny and there are many friendly people there! Find me if you need help although bear in mind I will never give away zeny or items for free. Sulfuric Acid here at your service. I'm a gen but I can still help =P. WoE on valk will also be more entertaining than the other 2 servers.
Just last woe I had the whole Unbound guild (or was it Inception?) chase me around their whole castle while I ran out of pots and my guild master is trying to sneak an emergency call (laughed so hard cause in the end, both of us died), another time, I sneaked alone into a random castle and was killed by a 150 genetic with god items T.T
Anyway, although the spam boys are a little irritating but GM Oda usually goes out to catch them or else u can just reject whispering them to stop the annoyance!

All in all, welcome back!

#4 Belthazar

Belthazar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thanks a lot! Hmm I'll go Valkyrie! (tough I hate the "Hete get zeny on Iamsuchanidiot.com" spamming) Hope I'll have some fun with this game once more! Also I haven't found any info on how do builds work nowadays! But I'll search/ask thanks again it really helped!

#5 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

You should check irowiki.org for that, there are threads about builds, etc.

Enjoy!

#6 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

Or if you can manage it (especially if in Europe/USA where the most offers are) you could go to Playspan and do the "Get Free Ultimate Points" stuff (use sandboxie for any install things and a separate junk email) for a $8 Ultimate Game Card and join Ymir for free :) I got $18 in free points so far.

If you played before though, shouldn't your High Wizard still be on Ymir? In which case you should be able to play for free on Ymir so long as you ask staff to help recover your account.

Best of luck on Valk though, have fun wherever you go :D

Edited by soudou, 24 April 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#7 Belthazar

Belthazar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

Or if you can manage it (especially if in Europe/USA where the most offers are) you could go to Playspan and do the "Get Free Ultimate Points" stuff (use sandboxie for any install things and a separate junk email) for a $8 Ultimate Game Card and join Ymir for free :) I got $18 in free points so far.

If you played before though, shouldn't your High Wizard still be on Ymir? In which case you should be able to play for free on Ymir so long as you ask staff to help recover your account.

Best of luck on Valk though, have fun wherever you go :D

I've played on bRO (the brazillian Gravity server) But it now sucks... it's only F2P, but a lot worse than Valkyrie, you can't even get fly wings, and Berserk Potions without Kafra Mall!

#8 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:58 AM

Oh I see, so your High Wiz was on another RO. bRO is owned by LevelUp games isn't it? Not surprised they made Fly Wings a Kafra Shop item... They also own pRO and I hear their Kafra Shop is pretty extravagent as well. Plus botting being made legal...

#9 Belthazar

Belthazar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

Oh I see, so your High Wiz was on another RO. bRO is owned by LevelUp games isn't it? Not surprised they made Fly Wings a Kafra Shop item... They also own pRO and I hear their Kafra Shop is pretty extravagent as well. Plus botting being made legal...

Let's see, there if you die... you just lose 5 freakin' percent of your exp, you can't get creamy, pupa, and other useful cards without kafra mall, oh slotted goods like shoes and stuff? go to kafra mall too! So it kidna sucks, Valkyrie is way more fair! I'm thinking on Ymir now. but it is kinda low populated isn't it? Well, now that I think about it probably half the people online on Valkyrie are bots anyway.

And safe upgradin? NO from +1 to +20 there's chance of breaking!

#10 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

Yeah that sounds pretty lame. :)

Ymir has a decent population. And I think its upped a bit since the new payment plan. Right now there are 715 people online and thats mostly real players. During WoE days it peaks at 1100+

You can compare population here:
http://ragial.com/spop/iRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users