Our concerns regarding ROSE Online - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Our concerns regarding ROSE Online

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Exactly. It seems like they care more about their website then the actual game. :)

Well they have to start somewhere. The game is such a mess right now. It reminds me of how I used to keep my bedroom. It would take days for me to clean it cuz it was so messy I would take a little bit at a time.
Their presentation is acceptable and no longer so hard to navigate, now just to work on the product itself.

#77 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Well they have to start somewhere. The game is such a mess right now. It reminds me of how I used to keep my bedroom. It would take days for me to clean it cuz it was so messy I would take a little bit at a time.
Their presentation is acceptable and no longer so hard to navigate, now just to work on the product itself.

I did like the old website, before warp portal :)

#78 Lyminxu

Lyminxu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

uhh, i never thought this game would end up like this...
i'm just new to the server btw so please be kind to me. i played it when it was first released in our country (like 4 years ago) but ended up quitting coz they made it pay2play. i played international version coz a friend recommended it to me. i just thought that a once loved game would be fun to play (with all those updates)(that comment broke my heart so i had to slash it).

anyway, i'd suggest MASSIVE updates for starters. that kind of stuff make old players come back to a dying game... take for example ragnarok's renewal system. (but eventually i quited :) ) it makes the game fresh and exciting coz of the new updates and new content. newbies are also lured (yeah,lured by their friends) to try a new game because of HIGH HOPES that such MMORPG wouldn't suck like the rest of its kind. ROSE is one of those game that has HIGH POTENTIAL. Its design and game-play is unique in its own way while still having that essence of being a MMORPG. The only problem lies within management of the game and release of updates. I have been reading the rants of other players and i honestly find their rants to be legitimate. Item Mall being a priority would just lessen the population playing the game because they are tired, bored and fed-up of useless patches which just ruin the game. these players wait for updates that would liven up a game thought to be as good as it could get. if only those developers thought of a way to attract new gamers to the game, item mall updates would not be an issue coz more players are consuming cash on currently available item mall products. (yes this might be a rant)

next would be in-game events done by the GM. it helps maintain that feeling that you have a GM in your game and it keeps players from quiting. (unlike Ragnarok Valkyrie server long ago :) ) newbies who are lazy, such as I, would easily get bored playing a game when we feel that there is nothing else to do in the game besides grinding and grinding and more grinding... and refining and crafting... oh wait, that involves grinding...
some little events every now and then would at least preserve such income valuable players from leaving or quitting so as not to lessen the income of the game population of players. sometimes having a high population would be enough reason for others not to quit because there are more people to interact with. (seriously, enough with the CAPITALIST ideas... it comes naturally when you increase the number of players)

most important would be BALANCE in the game. this is the main foundation which would make a game sink or swim. having balance deters such ideas of quitting because of overpowered classes or just skipping old useless classes. VARIETY maintains players, especially newbies, because there are a lot of other stuff unexplored or undiscovered. at least, developers SHOULD invest their time doing so. if their only aim, with reference to the latest patches, is just to obtain money then the game is going in for a sure fall. Players have already been ranting about items being sold at the Item Mall which shouldn't be the case since it makes a game MONEY-ORIENTED. (just keep on investing your cash in the game and you're good to go like a boss) what the players want is something to strive for. they want that sense of achievement which is not done by cash alone. they want to keep the game alive by not making everything easily obtained by MONEY. (tried and tested. this scenario happened already at Ragnarok and ended up going the players way of not having everything sold at Kafra Shop)

i liked the game very much and i'm willing to help make it better. it's just depressing how Gravity manages such a neat game. Yes i know this is business, but business requires effort... not just some kind of propaganda for players to invest all of their money into the game. Us customers are doing are part by buying items from the item mall once in a while for our needs (and for your income) but we see no effort coming from you other than trying to rob us of our wallets. WE WANT USEFUL UPDATES AND BUG FIXES. WE WANT BALANCE TO STABILIZE THE GAME. These rants are just a simple complain to the people who seem to want nothing but cash.

In all honesty, this is the first time i felt the presence of a GM in any game that i played, and I would like to thank him for his efforts because without such efforts the game would have gone down to the drain before i even got to play it once more. (sorry for the long rant...)

#79 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

One way to get ROSE moving again would be to make it all open source, or at least the client.

I bet if the community were able to make changes the game would grow into something quite remarkable. Otherwise it will continue to be 'neglected' by the developers who are probably focused on new games.

Have we ever been told what Gravity's plans are for the future of ROSE? I bet they don't plan on putting many resources into it. After all, it's been around 5+ years. In terms of gaming, that's ancient.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 27 April 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#80 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

One way to get ROSE moving again would be to make it all open source, or at least the client.

That would be IMPOSSIBLE <_<

#81 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

That would be IMPOSSIBLE <_<

Not really.... rather than having 1 or 2 employees focused on new content development they could use 1 person to coordinate the changes to both the server and the client. The test server could be utilized to try out new changes prior to merging them into the primary server. This is called configuration management and it's done all the time in large software projects.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 27 April 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#82 AceX

AceX

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

I did like the old website, before warp portal <_<

the last one was quite gloomy , this one has a more modern and better look ,according to me.

#83 AceX

AceX

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

They mention that there are 7 planets , but the fact that only 4 planets are open is a bit saddening .I want Karkia to be the next planet to be opened.

#84 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

They mention that there are 7 planets , but the fact that only 4 planets are open is a bit saddening .I want Karkia to be the next planet to be opened.

Either that or change the name to R.O.F.E. <_<

#85 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

I personally agree with most of these posts. The game needs to utilize itself as an online game. As of now it seems that the newer areas were filled with people, no joke, as I just joined this game yesterday out of request. A friend of mine inquired that I resigned on a previous MMO from Staff, so I figured I would come take a look at this for her. Coming back on topic now, as I said, there were plenty of new players at the starting point--but as I progressed through the game (now level 50 due to her help,) I've seen less and less players. From Level 1~10 I saw quite a few players, but it seems they gave up on playing after that, though I'm not dead set on a reason of "why."

I think the lack of initial game-play is why. The private servers, or so I have heard, of ROSE all allow you to level more frequently and easier. (But this can be tuned down, it's not some kind of permanently fixture.) I say this because I'm pretty sure if I didn't have my friends help with Leveling I would have become extremely frustrated with the attack-power and EXP gains. You can level decently until you hit around 6, but then it starts to drag out. They can either boost the EXP and/or cut the EXP Required to level and you may see a significant increase in people who start to play due to less grinding required. ROSE doesn't seem like a game someone would want to grind on, at least, not right now.

Again, I joined from request as she grew bored of the game and wanted me to play, giving her something to do as well. But at the same time she was wanting me to apply for a staff position later on, though, as I see this I wonder how long the game is actually going to last. I decided to accustom myself with the game before even thinking about something like that either way.

As for an open-source, that very-well could promote the development of the game. Developers looking for something to do in their free-time could easily get into this as a hobby and to do it just because they want to. As stated above though, things would need to be tested, but for a team of Developers, I'm sure a cheap server would settle when it comes to hosting the lot of them. The only question I have is if the development tools to actually progress the game would be released. There are many ways for this to be looked at and to be worked around, it's just a matter of finding the better solution.

May I also suggest better tutorials in-game? You can get quite lost without even realizing it.

Edited by Rukario, 28 April 2011 - 01:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users