Enriched and High Density - Ragnarok 1 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Enriched and High Density


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pylfer

Pylfer

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

So, I'm getting to the point where upgrading my equipment is a must (for fast, more efficient leveling) and have managed to get a few of my level 4 weapons up to +4. I've read off of the wiki that the success rate to get to +5 is about 60%, but I've had baaaaaad luck with 'overupgrading' (if you can call getting a lvl4 to +5 overugrading...).

Enriched Ori/elu and HD Ori/elu is completely new to me... I have no idea how it works or what I can expect from it.

Will E.Ori or HD Ori make it so that when I upgrade from 4-5-6-7 my chances of failing decrease a certain amount, or make it so that I lose no upgrades on a fail, or what.

Any info would be amazing, thanks a lot :3
  • 0

#2 SethTheSecond

SethTheSecond

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHovering in my seat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

the HD ores make it so that the upgrades are COMPLETELY safe - that means the weapon/armor will NEVER brake - so long as you never exit the upgrading dialogue. When upgrading using HD ori/elu, your weapon/armor will DEGRADE by 1 on failure, but will not brake. The downside is, you require the equipment to be +7 before you are able to start it.
So for example, you have a +7 chainmail. You're upgrading it with HD elus. You have 100 HD elus and 2 mil zeny.
You try an upgrade and it fails. The chainmail is now +6. The mighty hammer dwarf will ask you if you want to continue upgrading,with your remaining 99 HD elus and 1.98 mil zeny. So long as you don't say no, you will be able to continue using those elus, potentially getting it back up to +7 and prehaps higher,if you're lucky... until
A) you run out of elus
B) you run out of zeny
C) you manually quit trying to upgrade

The enriched elus/oris, from what i remeber, is basically allows you a "second" chance on a upgrade, or better known as a "re-roll". Say if you were upgrading a armor from +4 to +5, and it has a 60% chance of success... And you happened to land on that 40% failure. Upon failure, it would try again, as if you were trying to upgrade from +4 to +5 again. If it fails this time...well it breaks(though you don't see the effects of the second roll,it just simply looks like you got better rates)
-Also note, i think it was +9 to +10 will NOT be affected by enriched elus/oris,essentially making your enriched ores pretty much like regular ores.

Edited by SethTheSecond, 25 April 2011 - 09:37 PM.

  • 0

#3 IronFist

IronFist

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Members
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

yeh i think mighty hammer has different success rates, i had a +8 and it went to +3 all downgrades
  • 0

#4 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:13 AM

yeh i think mighty hammer has different success rates, i had a +8 and it went to +3 all downgrades

I got a +9 lvl 4 weapon and it was dropped to +0 in the next rows... It was before the VIP system and the +4 safe level upgrade lvl -.-"
  • 0

#5 Pylfer

Pylfer

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

So if I'm trying to take my Hellfire from +4 to +5 the only thing that I can use is Enriched Ori (which will give me an added chance should the first roll fail to upgrade) and then I don't get to use HD Ori until I can get it to +7

So the best route to take in order to get to +7 (pretty much where I want it to be at for now) is just to pick up some E.Ori?
  • 0

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

    They pay me to post.

  • RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

So if I'm trying to take my Hellfire from +4 to +5 the only thing that I can use is Enriched Ori (which will give me an added chance should the first roll fail to upgrade) and then I don't get to use HD Ori until I can get it to +7

So the best route to take in order to get to +7 (pretty much where I want it to be at for now) is just to pick up some E.Ori?

It's quite easy to get a lv4 weapon or armor to +7 if you use Enriched Ori/Elu. This past week I've gotten 2 lv4 weapons and 5 armors to +7 using E. Ores alone.

iROwiki's pretty accurate on their estimate with the E.Ore rates. +4 to +5 is about 90% with the E.Ores. +5 to +6 and +6 to +7 are both 60% with E.Ores. I always tend to round down though, and consider it a 50/50 endeavor when I'm trying to go from +5 to +6.
  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users