Crap card turn in. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Crap card turn in.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

In the past we used to have the npc that would take 50 cards and in return give you an OCA. With the prices of OCA's at an all time low in years. I dont remember when i last saw an OCA below 5mil maybe 3 years ago. Plus now we got restrictions on how much gear can be in storage. i think this would be a great way of helping many people.

#2 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

Well ive proposed this in the past, but ill state it again for those that have never seen it. I think we should have a trade in system for cards. If you notice each card has a value to them, something like 1-4 or 1-5. What if we take a concept like trade like 4 lvl 1 cards and you get a random lvl 2. Trade in 4 lvl 2's and you get a lvl 3, etc etc. I think this would be a good way to not only find a use for cards you cannot sell, but will add a new thing for ppl to look forward to.

#3 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:31 AM

In the past we used to have the npc that would take 50 cards and in return give you an OCA. With the prices of OCA's at an all time low in years. I dont remember when i last saw an OCA below 5mil maybe 3 years ago. Plus now we got restrictions on how much gear can be in storage. i think this would be a great way of helping many people.

I wouldn't mind if it was 5~10 cards for an oca, but 50 was too many. Don't think I've ever hoarded that many crap cards at once.

#4 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

I was pretty sure it was 100 crap cards got you an OCA.
Could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

#5 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Just assign different cards different point values (like how the lucky boxes changed to taking "brownie points")

poring card = 1 point
pupa card = 5 points, etc

would be a pretty subjective system, though...
easier way would just be to scale it based on monster level.

#6 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

In that case it would be very tedious to the devs and I always side with them because I know they have tried their hardest to make this game better. Although I agree very much with this idea, it would be nice if some one made a point list of all the cards and hand it over to Heim or Oda to view and edit appropriately and then give it to the devs to implement it.

#7 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

Well, it was 100 cards in the past and you'd be surprised that some people got dozens of ocas out of that npc. I think the point system would have to be 1-10 if not higher. Because what if you've got like...200 zombie cards, that would give you 40 lvl 2 cards if its 5 for a trade in, which gives ya 8 lvl 3, and 1 lvl 4. and whats a level four? AK/Alice, etc? It would have to be hammered out but a point system is a big endeavor.

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

Yes the one time we had that event (and it has only happened once) it was 100 cards per turn-in.

Considering that crap cards sell between 1k and 50k its a pretty good deal, people traded in for hundreds of OCA's. Problem is it helps botters more than players since they accumulate 30k stacks of useless cards.

#9 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

Well any kind of gathering quest is going to help bots, but that shouldnt mean it should be ruined for the rest of us...Maybe they could put a limit on how many times you can do it. Like maybe once you get 1 lvl 4 card you can't get any more the rest of the event. Limit the amount of each card you can get. Even though bots have a lot of cards and lets say they can get a bunch of lvl 4 cards the price of those cards has gone down anyway, and with even more on the market their price can only go down more, which makes them more purchaseable for the rest of us anyway.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Cards and crap weapons should just have a resale value higher than 10z. Its suitably rare, so I don't see why poring card (0.02%) shouldn't sell to an NPC for 50k or 100k in the event of a card that drops lower rate than poring (0.01%). Newbies would be happy to find these cards and sell them to an NPC, rather than have this thing they think is valuable, and it turns out no player wants it.

Junk items like Red Flame Whip should NPC for 40k or something (could totally imagine an npc selling something this useless for like 80k). After all, if a Dokebi drops a swordmace[1], I can sell it to the npc for 25k, as this is a valuable weapon that townsfolk may want. The whole "it was never meant to be NPC sold, so its sell value is 10z" thing is sort of dumb.

#11 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

I would think putting cards at one certain price for points, depending on what card it is, would not work well on all 3 servers. Considering one server is relativly new, one is heavily botted, it makes the prices on them vary somewhat. Putting different point values for each server would be too much work or impossible?
If I recall correclty, prices on crap cards actually went up during the exchange for OCA's, but OCA prices aren't what they used to be either.

#12 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

I mean i just threw that idea out there just so people would start thinking of ideas to figure out what to do with all these pointless cards. Even the idea of having them being able to vend at a resonable NPC price is a good idea. At least then you a new person can get enough zeny to buy potions or something of value evenually if they have a lot of them.

#13 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Cards and crap weapons should just have a resale value higher than 10z. Its suitably rare, so I don't see why poring card (0.02%) shouldn't sell to an NPC for 50k or 100k in the event of a card that drops lower rate than poring (0.01%). Newbies would be happy to find these cards and sell them to an NPC, rather than have this thing they think is valuable, and it turns out no player wants it.

Junk items like Red Flame Whip should NPC for 40k or something (could totally imagine an npc selling something this useless for like 80k). After all, if a Dokebi drops a swordmace[1], I can sell it to the npc for 25k, as this is a valuable weapon that townsfolk may want. The whole "it was never meant to be NPC sold, so its sell value is 10z" thing is sort of dumb.

Would absolutely love it if useless rares sold for more than 10z. Great idea! =) Always thought it was odd how I can get a decent amount of money from NPCing stilettos, yet a level 3 weapon like an electric fist isn't even worth picking up.

#14 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Well as you may notice "A high price to the NPC" for a hillslion horn is like..what...2500z or something? Sorry a high price for me is 300k.

#15 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

If im not mistake then highest selling item to NPC is treasure boxes, isnt it?

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Originally the card turnin was going to be a point based system. But point assignment is extremely subjective, coupled with some cards actually drop more commonly it would create a scenario where you could by your top rank cards in a shorter time by turning in the low grade cards.

Its not necessarily a bad idea, but getting the economy value balanced with its game power and its relative difficulty in acquiring is all a problem that and we don't have a lot of spare variables floating around to utilize in such a tracking system.

#17 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Well then if its too much work to do something like my idea, then what about the idea of increasing the NPC value of Cards and Rare items? That shouldnt be too hard to do right? Im sure everyone would enjoy having more money in thier pocket.

#18 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:10 AM

Originally the card turnin was going to be a point based system. But point assignment is extremely subjective, coupled with some cards actually drop more commonly it would create a scenario where you could by your top rank cards in a shorter time by turning in the low grade cards.

Its not necessarily a bad idea, but getting the economy value balanced with its game power and its relative difficulty in acquiring is all a problem that and we don't have a lot of spare variables floating around to utilize in such a tracking system.

with economy fluctuations its probably better to just have a base value for all so that useful ones stay in circulation. There could be some simple mechanic based on the monster level that drops it (level/10 or something) or just 1 point common, 10 points mini-boss. I think the system would have to ignore actual ingame value since most will disagree with the values, and others will seek to manipulate/exploit it.

Edited by Hrothmund, 28 April 2011 - 01:11 AM.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

The subjective valuing of individual cards is neither smart nor productive, as it just incurs dialog about why certain card holds X value, why the point system doesn't reflect changing value of cards absed on market, supply vs demand, etc.

They should just have a sell value based on their rarity. Players not selling good cards is enough of a filter for good cards not having their value represented in the system.

0.01% = 100k
0.02% = 40k

Something like that.

If a newbie finds a poring card they deserve a motherload (40) of white potions. The rarity of the card dictates that. If you're hunting some monster dropping a card that holds almost no value anymore, you'd happily sell those 10 cards for 1m rather than dropping them on the ground or collecting dust in your storage or cart. Individual server inflation levels are irrelevant. 100k = around 100 white pots. That's a good reward for a 0.01% drop rate no matter what server you play. Also, etc items have a constant value as well, and people still say "harpies are good money," regardless of which server you play.

It doesn't make sense that you can OC stilettos like 10k, but a higher lvl, more rare weapon from a monster sells 10z. There should be an equip convention like:

0.01% drop rate armors = 50k
Lvl 3 weapons = 50k
Lvl 4 weapons = 100k

Them girls' diaries or books of apocalypse should be selling 100k... not collecting dust in your storage if you can't find a brain-dead buyer. Those stone bucklers should be 50k. etc. Lucius' volcano armor is a good example of what finding an armor that most ppl don't need should be like-- sells to npc like 50k.

Edited by Jaye, 28 April 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#20 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

Yea i know the feeling...all these whips are stacking up in my storage along with electro fists. I think for now everyone would be happy with a change in the NPC values

#21 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

I have been a bad boy and buying up alot of OCA's lately. I have bought so many over the past few weeks that i would really just like to over charge them to the npc. I think that 50k-75k zeny would be a fair price for a card. I dont think is would mess with the economy that badly. I think that card system people are talking about is to complicated and wouldnt come to RO for many months or even years.

#22 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

How about a card raffle?

You put in any card, and the NPC randomly gives you items. It can be a stack of 100 slim potions, some ygg seeds, alcohol, prickly fruits, any of that sort of useful stuff.

This way, players can hold onto the cards they know are valuable, and throw away the bad cards for a chance of getting some consumables that they will otherwise use or vend. If the reward includes rare consumables like prickly fruits, then Genetics might start buying crap cards from new players too.

#23 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

Luckwhiterabbit's idea +1

#24 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

that actually does seem like a good idea.

#25 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

You mean maybe I should stop feeding all my lousy cards to Porings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users