Patentialy Waiting To Return... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Patentialy Waiting To Return...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Breezy414

Breezy414

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Last time I played this game was in 06.. had to do a character restore and figured that out.. Nonetheless, I've been trying to download the game, but every time it sends me to a 404 error page. So, I tried following the info someone else gave by going to the wiki and downloading there.. After clicking on it, it's telling me that link is also unavailable for 1 of 3 reasons: 1. I already tried it. 2. Too many people connecting. 3. No more bandwidth..

Been trying to download the game again for the past 2 days, and I keep getting the same results.. I really would enjoy getting back into this game and seeing all the changes, but with all this nonsense going on, it's slowly but surely lowering want to rejoin..

If anyone has any info on this situation, it would be greatly appreciated to hear. Thanks.

#2 Namine313

Namine313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

download it from here

http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

#3 Breezy414

Breezy414

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

So, I tried following the info someone else gave by going to the wiki and downloading there.. After clicking on it, it's telling me that link is also unavailable for 1 of 3 reasons: 1. I already tried it. 2. Too many people connecting. 3. No more bandwidth..

#4 Namine313

Namine313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

oops im sorry , i missed reading it.

probably its because of the bandwidth.
lots of people downloading from there about last week. =/

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

What kind of connection are you on? Is it a broadband connection, one at a university or that might be blocking downloads from game sites? Are you downloading from the playragnarok website http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx? Please try using a different browser, clear your temporary internet files and cookes then try downloading again.

#6 Namine313

Namine313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Oda i tried downloading it. both from playragnarok and wiki.

this is what i got

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

im using T3 connection from home.

but im currently from Asia.

#7 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Just tried it too to confirm it's down. Didn't work on IE or Firefox at home on CenturyLink DSL. Was able to download the client just a week or so ago. Oddly enough, the iRO Wiki download for it doesn't work either.

Edited by ensignfluke, 26 April 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#8 Breezy414

Breezy414

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried downloading it in Safe Mode.. and wouldn't you know, I can actually access the download link from the main site there. Maybe something is just wrong with my computer at the moment.. Figured while I am here might as well do a virus scan and delete whatever is found.

#9 Breezy414

Breezy414

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Finally got it to download without being in Safemode.. so I'm assuming it had something to do with my computer.. Highly excited to check out my account from way back in 06.. Hopefully it has some decent stuff on it.. Starting fresh would be annoying x.x

#10 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

Breezy, even if it were a fresh start, it isn't as difficult as it was before, leveling in the sub 90s is much faster, and some decent gear is given away via the Eden Group. Of course anything that is carried over is further advantage to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users