Everything too expensive at 80+ - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Everything too expensive at 80+

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Drakeos

Drakeos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

On Valkyrie everything damn EXPENSIVE 50m for lvl 80 staff ... im new though but seriously how the hell do i farm 50m without makin a merch character :) F you RMT for ruining the game

#2 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

best way to make money the legal way is to make a merchant class and sell things you find. or over charge them to an npc. You can how ever but lucky boxes and sell whats in side. One other thing you can do is sell ultimate game card codes. Any one of those you can do.

#3 Drakeos

Drakeos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

-snip-

Have not brought zeny/gold from RMT site to support them and NEVER will "support" the RMT ever. GM's needs to STOP being lazy and sittin on thier ass and DEAL with the botters/RMTS now i want good ol community back

Edited by Resplendent, 26 April 2011 - 08:07 PM.
removing inflammatory quote

#4 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Leave valk and go to ymir then everything is dirt cheap here atm lol..

#5 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

or Ygg, I dont think they have a serious bot problem yet (pops too small for bot farmers to bother i think).

#6 Drakeos

Drakeos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

Nah im fine where i am but still not fair for someone who has a free account

#7 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

Vet complain it's hard to sell stuff at low price compare to months ago while newb complain that stuff is too expensive. Greedy /shy

#8 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

"but seriously how the hell do i farm 50m without makin a merch character"

Now that a Hard question...

50m Staff......an Eraser u mean?

Edited by Dukeares, 27 April 2011 - 05:09 AM.

#9 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Theres almost no point buying gear pre-100 anyway, the Eden gears are way better than anything I used as a new player O.o

Even now actually, I just bought my Sader->pally->RG a hellfire and holy crossed my way to 3rd class. I didnt bother buying anything expensive and if i wasnt completely lazy I probably would have gotten whatever the eden gear is for crusaders.

#10 NeverScared

NeverScared

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:40 AM

On Valkyrie everything damn EXPENSIVE 50m for lvl 80 staff ... im new though but seriously how the hell do i farm 50m without makin a merch character :) F you RMT for ruining the game

Depends

You can't make a generalization blanket-statement like that
Might I be bold as to say bots/RMT actually keep the prices down (this is relative to valkyrie of course)

As per any market supply&demand equilibrium, the case in point is the overabundance of botters, this leads to an excessive supply of materials, because easy-to-obtain loots from easy-to-bot characters (such as rogues) flood the market.

The sheer amount of player-to-bot ratio expands in such a way the supply literally becomes perfectly elastic, because for every player that wants to sell wolf blood at 35k, there's a hundred more botters willing to sell for 30k, since they put in zero effort anyway; they wouldn't value the item as much as a real player would. This makes things much more affordable, at the same time loots don't make much money (imagine if you were the buyer instead of the seller)

This evens out the distribution of zeny along the supply chain would in turn would create more-powerful bots which would be more-efficient at farming materials, which results in even-more wolf blood acquired and even-more supply to an already saturated market demand.

Which ultimately leads to a depreciation of zeny and decrease in buying power, the necessity to farm is essentially eliminate because they're so dirt cheap anyway // Conversely. rare items (Diabolus gear / God gear etc) requires actual human input, and of course these are a lot more rarer in comparison because there aren't thousands of co-ordinated WM killers

Per one geneticist that would need flowerpots / wolf blood, there are probably 100 bots out there grinding away
But for every one diabolus gear dropped, there are many more woers out there looking to get it.

If all the flies in the world disappeared, we'd all be dead by the next day.
If you had only real-players farming for woe materials and zero bots, Valkyrie would immediately enter hyperinflation and the market would just collapse on its own

Things aren't "expensive" because 50m is a 8 digit number and you just started the game, it's actually cheap because 50m can be made in so little time that yours truly have turned 120 mil in revenue within one month of playing, and I only started in march during the 2x exp events

Bots, inadvertently, have became, for the lack of a better word, necessary, in this game

Edit: I forgot the disclaimer that "I, do not endorse botting"

Edited by NeverScared, 27 April 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#11 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

im ve being transed and stayed transed for over a year now(no way im turning my lk into rk, they are so ugly) im still wearing junk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users