Coming Back into RO - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Coming Back into RO

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hi Guys Ive just started playing RO again after not playing for the last 2 or 3 years.

I used to play on some free servers, but they all died and i got a little bored with the game.

Then i got an email saying the IRO no longer required a monthly subscription, so i decided to try playing again.

And I fell in love with the game all over again.

Right now im playing with a lvl 23 swordie on Valkyrie, but i might move to Ymir at some point in the future if i can get more money.

Im just posting to hopefully make some friends and maybe even join a casual friendly guild.

oh ya, my in game name is Spidy.

PS is there a way to mute the chat spammers in prontera?

#2 ez2bslow

ez2bslow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

valk is always filled with those annoying chat spammers. the only way you can disble the chat from showing up in your chat is if you right their name and click reject whispering, but if you relog or log off i think it resets it and i think you would have to right their name and reject again. ymir doesnt have those chat spammers like valk. you would rarely see one maybe once awhile.

#3 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

valk is always filled with those annoying chat spammers. the only way you can disble the chat from showing up in your chat is if you right their name and click reject whispering, but if you relog or log off i think it resets it and i think you would have to right their name and reject again. ymir doesnt have those chat spammers like valk. you would rarely see one maybe once awhile.

figured, since thats not the free one, maybe i can spare the 10 bucks for a month if my next paycheck is enough
how much is a char transfer?

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

If you're below level 50 and have less than 1mil zeny, I would advise that you just make a new character on Ymir instead of going through the transfer process.

It can be complex, it can take up to a week, and while I understand that you certainly want to keep the fruits of your labor, it would be faster to start fresh on Ymir and work your way back to that point than it would be to wait for the character to transfer.

Server transfers are usually for people who are well-established and have been playing for quite a while and have things that are more or less irreplaceable, and therefore must be transferred.

Edited by Sera, 26 April 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#5 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

If you're below level 50 and have less than 1mil zeny, I would advise that you just make a new character on Ymir instead of going through the transfer process.

It can be complex, it can take up to a week, and while I understand that you certainly want to keep the fruits of your labor, it would be faster to start fresh on Ymir and work your way back to that point than it would be to wait for the character to transfer.

Server transfers are usually for people who are well-established and have been playing for quite a while and have things that are more or less irreplaceable, and therefore must be transferred.

i see
maybe saturday or sunday i can start on ymir

i can keep playing there with chars i make there if my VIP expires right?

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

As far as I know, VIP is required for character creation, but not access.

#7 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

As far as I know, VIP is required for character creation, but not access.

actually i just checked
and my old char i made from my free trial was there and i could log onto it no problem

but i hate the name so i wont use it (its only a lvl 8 novice and the stats are messed up)and will delete it when i do get VIP

any ideas on how to use it to get stuff for when i make other characters?

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

If you look on here:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

You'll see some item collection quests listed, I believe you can hunt Sticky Webfoot from Roda Frogs and turn them in for the item collection quest on there (though don't turn them in on a character you don't plan to play). If they changed it so you can't turn them in, then just sell them to make some money.
http://ragial.com/it...ir/HbXm5a42iFbN

Either way you win.

Edited by Sera, 26 April 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#9 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

If you look on here:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

You'll see some item collection quests listed, I believe you can hunt Sticky Webfoot from Roda Frogs and turn them in for the item collection quest on there (though don't turn them in on a character you don't plan to play). If they changed it so you can't turn them in, then just sell them to make some money.
http://ragial.com/it...ir/HbXm5a42iFbN

Either way you win.

apparntly i have to be above lvl 50 do the quest
but people pay 2k for them?

thanks, i'll get some of those to sell

#10 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

If you need help leveling on iRO Valkyrie, pm me on "The Wind Cat" sometime and I might be able to help. I'll probably be more active next week rather than this week.

#11 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

apparntly i have to be above lvl 50 do the quest
but people pay 2k for them?

thanks, i'll get some of those to sell

Well, you have to be level 50 to do the quest, but Roda Frogs are like a level 13 monster.

Hunt them on low level character -> save them until you have a level 50 character -> Use them on level 50 character

#12 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

Well, you have to be level 50 to do the quest, but Roda Frogs are like a level 13 monster.

Hunt them on low level character -> save them until you have a level 50 character -> Use them on level 50 character

ah i see i might do that
or maybe do both sell some and save some

If you need help leveling on iRO Valkyrie, pm me on "The Wind Cat" sometime and I might be able to help. I'll probably be more active next week rather than this week.

i might, i dunno if i have the time to be active on 2 servers though :x

#13 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

anyone know a good site to download skins for the new layout (new to me at least, i dont know how long its been here)
i cant find any D=

#14 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

well i was planning on getting VIP last weekend, but i was right in the middle of all those tornadoes in the south last week. I'm fine, and so are all my friends and family, so im pretty lucky.
But an EF4 tornado passed about a mile away from my work, and they still dont have power (my apartment doesn't either). So they are unable to open and i cant get my paycheck. which i need for the money for VIP.

but at my parents house (they have power) ive been collecting those sticky webfeet (got almost 3000 now), to get some money and levels when i start.

a couple questions i have though:
1.Im about lvl 35 now, so sticky webfeet arnt dropping like they used to. any thing else i can start collecting for money?

2. Ive noticed theres this little skill bar, with just 2 slots on it. I can't figure out how to use it, or how to get rid of it. So what is this?

#15 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

well i was planning on getting VIP last weekend, but i was right in the middle of all those tornadoes in the south last week. I'm fine, and so are all my friends and family, so im pretty lucky.
But an EF4 tornado passed about a mile away from my work, and they still dont have power (my apartment doesn't either). So they are unable to open and i cant get my paycheck. which i need for the money for VIP.

but at my parents house (they have power) ive been collecting those sticky webfeet (got almost 3000 now), to get some money and levels when i start.

a couple questions i have though:
1.Im about lvl 35 now, so sticky webfeet arnt dropping like they used to. any thing else i can start collecting for money?

2. Ive noticed theres this little skill bar, with just 2 slots on it. I can't figure out how to use it, or how to get rid of it. So what is this?

First off, I'm glad you are okay. From what I've seen on the news, it looks pretty bad.

Wow, 3,000x Sticky Webfeet!? Nice job! Other items that people buy a lot of are...

Posted Image Iron Ore - 800z to 2,000z
Posted Image Maneater Blossom - 600z to 900z
Posted Image Bear's Footskin - 200z - 1,000z
Posted Image Poison Spore - 300z to 500z
Posted Image Stem - 200z to 400z

---------------------

Here are some sites what will help you post-renewal...

#16 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

i forgot to mention i am gonna be on ymir
but i looked up the value of those on ragial on ymir and some of them look like interesting options i will try

and those likes are wonderful
thanks

still dont know what that little shortcut bar is though XD

#17 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

You can't actually cast/use anything placed there via hotkey, but it is useful for items that you want to keep count of, or for things you need to be able to use, but don't want to accidentally use.

(If you put like some expensive kafra consumable there, you could double click on it to use it, but you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally tapping the hotkey.)

#18 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

i forgot to mention i am gonna be on ymir...

still dont know what that little shortcut bar is though XD

The shortcut bar has no hotkeys linked to it, it's just for skills or items you don't use often. I usually shortcut things like Warp Portal, Battle Manual, Awakening Potion, or Butterfly Wing.

Btw, I'm on Ymir also...same user names. Hope to see you on sometime.

#19 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

ah thats nice
my work just got power, and has my check
so im gonna head there to work and get my check

so hopefully wednesday i'll have VIP

#20 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

I wanted to add if you play a Gunslinger or Archer class, you can also put your arrows or bullets in the mini shortcut box. That way you can monitor how many you have left without having to pull up inventory each time.

#21 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

i usually keep my inventory open though, but its usually for reasons like this, i'll try using it

#22 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

Welcome back to the official Ragnarok. It's much better than the illegal private servers that probably give your computer 40 kinds of nasties. There are some good people on Ymir, so if you do come. I hope you enjoy it there

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 03 May 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#23 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

i dont think i ever got anything like a virus or spyware from one, but maybe thats cause i usually read up on the server before downloading anything.

but ive probably tried 20-30 private servers, and i only ever liked one, and even that one began to decline in quality over time when one person had about 40% of the zeny and gm corruption.

From what i can tell so far from ymir i will like it. I'm kinda staying away from talking to people for now in there cause im going to delete the only character i have there once i get vip. But im hoping to make lots of friends once i make my permanent characters.

Also i cant put some items in that mini shortcut bar. is it only for usable items?

Edited by SpidyFreakshow, 04 May 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

Usable and equips only

#25 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members